onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wycombe (H) match thread - 16th April

Advert

Just now, PV1973 said:

If I was a player I wouldn’t be anywhere near Facebook, forums or anything like that. Most of the time people want to moan, even when things aren’t going badly. 

I'm sure they would be more than happy to do so when they've done something right and are getting praised.

As with anything in life, you have to take the rough with the smooth. If our players can't handle justified criticism on social media then they are even worse than I thought and should be in a different profession.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, darren1810 said:

As with Brian i called it in May. As soon as we appointed Crosby. 

I'm not going to trawl through threads to find it.

Words to the effect of he's our manager now I'm fully behind him , but there's only one way this is ending. 

I watched the grimsby friendly in Spain, I called relegation then too...utterly devoid of any ability.. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Valient1961 said:

We are gone after yesterdays result , can someone tell me why was Uche was subbed, I am a bit tactically naive but the crowd were being lifted when he went on some his erratic runs causing Exeter a few problems? 

Think his arse had fallen out. Totally knackered. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Think his arse had fallen out. Totally knackered. 

Could see from our seats in Railway Stand that he was knackered within ten minutes of the 2nd half... what kind of club are we when we lose impetus and belief when Uche leaves the pitch...if he's our best hope for survival then we really are nailed on for relegation... Darren is another Carol sized mistake as well...she hasn't got a clue, good intentions count for nothing in this harsh world... feel that we are another FGR...god help us 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I’d say last chance saloon, but half of the previous last chances saloons we’ve lost resoundingly and we’re still not down yet. It would be a good idea to win though, last chance saloon or not.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Crikey who do you select after that Saturday .

Just listened to the pod Exeter h review make some good points .

What options have we up front also cannot keep relying on a 17 year old do 90 I like him though he seems a good un .

Be interesting see who he picks as Wycombe very direct team who haven't conceded a goal v Derby /Shrewsbury .

Why not try plant in centre mid I think that's where he shone for Eastleigh was it ,he as energy he can get about the pitch it could work a treat how would you know he could carry that ball forwards and be a revelation .

You got be brave first half sat they were .

If 2 -0 up Tues sub half team at half time so they cannot allow complacency and sloppiness sneak in again. 

Hopefully Uche can score a few I'd put chislett and Garrity up there with  up and Brin Dipepa and mighten on to partner Garrity when chislett and Uche tire  to keep the high press if leading.

Nowt lose now its win or bust .

Cheltenham could well win 

They have too 

Burton are a shocking home team so that could be the outcome in a way Cheltenham winning is what Vale need .

But Vale winning is more important .

Wycombe though they hammered us 3-0,last season scoring of every attempt they had .

I watched the first game v them on firestick st home generally we were poor but come to life near end with Dipepa and Wilson starring .

Team lets take a pop .

Pure guesswork

Ripley 

Lopaco Debrah Jones 

Massey. Ojo plant Grant

Chislett Uche Garrity 

3 -4 -3 I'd try something like that .

Nowt lose run forwards with ball and play with Intent .

As good a team as any I can think off replace when players tire at half time judging by sat .

Jones to come in if available ,for we have  conceded 7 in 2 games there's gotta be consequences of that if not it would he footballing madness It cannot continue. 

Carry on regardless will spring to mind if doesn't change something .

Mind you he could say first half team.sat were excellent and they were 

Who'd be a manager.

Sat's gone now a new day a new beginning .

Hopefully Bolton will have too much do catch Derby after Tues if so There is game we can win if approach properly and Bolton rest players for play offs 

All about tues now a night which is as being a absolute shower of <ovf censored> for Vale fans in league since win v Salford 1 -0 Harry Charsley I believe .

That's a  lot of miserable Tues make it a happy one for our deserving loyal fans the ones who go every game they deserve it

UTV 

Edited by Dipepa delight

13 hours ago, Dipepa delight said:

Yes 7 goals conceded in 2 games at times it seems like we haven't had a defence as players go wandering off .

We were in a ok place at 2-0 up at 4-2 down and a minus 30 goal difference not so a very bad place .

Well for me Exeter asked very few questions of us yet scored 4 ,and maybe should have had 6 v Posh put 3 wide what were easier put in then once went ahead just ran at us all second half down the right side ,not left icavetti I suppose as overall been doing a ok job the other side though I think 3 of four goals yesterday come from that side and you have to watch the goals to see quite clearly players were not dying for the cause they were giving oceans of space for goals 2 /3/ 4  the first id have to see again but player should be blocking it anyway should imagine it flew in off a coward ,goal 2 a corner,surely Smith should markJules not fresh air (no idea what position fresh air plays )he had put it in like a striker withno opposition to it 

Goal 3 players went on walkabout .

Goal 4 Sang makes big error ball comes in central defenders wrong side of man yet again simple  finish .

Like a horror story .

I would change the back line rather have Uche back there than some of them there atrocious .

Deborah was marking Jules

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Alfie1962 said:

Deborah was marking Jules

Who was Smith marking second half on all four goals he seems to have disappeared ,yet first half he was good as they all were ,whether lack of leadership second half he doesn't motivate ,he doesn'tdo any  rollicking all he does is fall out with Ripley  he's the captain more often than not and as being since Jan 2023 and its being all downhill .

Make uche captain let's have someone leading by example someone new 

Smiths times up at the club .

For me part of a team who have conceded 141 goals in league one (probably the only ever present which is testimony to how he trains ).

However today's the present and he is part of a team who conceded 4 goals in one half when Vale were playing a must win game 

To me you try someone different maybe they will be positive on the ball and bring it forwards to create a angle not take easy option and pass it that slowly opposition have time to get in shape .

Vale need quicken up in everything they do .

Debrah was pretty decent v BR I'd try him in middle .

Why not .

Vale see are  stuck in there ways how often do you see the wing backs change sides .

I've never seen Grant cutting in from right jmw used do it to great effect scoring howitzers.

I think all our appointed manager have one common theme no imagination 

Wake up managers think about how you can/we  be better 

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2