onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Northampton (A) match thread - 1st April

robf

Advert

Just now, Guitar Ray said:

We did enough to miss plenty of opportunities to either bury the ball in the back of the net or make a simple pass to a better placed player. Chislett, Uche, Garrity, Smith should all be scoring.

Did you not see when we got in the final third our offensive players looked clueless and didn't get there shots off nowhere near enough , the amount of times we passed the ball back was just plain negative but 

Uche ,Garrity and chislett shud score 

But that's why we are where we are 

We ain't clinical enough and can't defend 

1 hour ago, chickensteve said:
1 hour ago, eh up nah said:
I seriously doubt the cash dictates if you're tired or not.
But it is a piss poor excuse nontheless

I was physically stiff, sore and tired on Sunday from a heavy delivery shift on Saturday night but IAM in my 50's, not an athlete, not got a team of professionals managing my diet, lifestyle, fitness, minutes etc and the very lowest paid earns more than 4x my weekly wage and I work 7 hours a shift not 2 hours (being generous for warm ups etc).

For the record, I don't agree that playing Friday should have left them too tired for today

Just get sick and tired of the "they get loads of money so they can't ever underperform" thing

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Loving your optimism!

Not really, the alternative to the away win would be 3 away draws.  So an away win at Wigan? Relying on Bolton being in a confirmed number 3 spot and resting players for the POs is another alternative if we need 51 points due to our goal difference.

Stay in touch over this 3 game away stint then jump above at the last minute off the back of some home success.

That’s the plan.

Edited by 1

We only have to overtake Burton. They only have 5 games and 40 points. They are in dire form and though we have lost today we look like a side capable of creating chances and picking up points. They would need to win 3 of 5 to get to 49, which is a big if. We can catch them and hopefully Cheltenham don’t drop us back to 4th bottom.

2 minutes ago, 1 said:

We only have to overtake Burton. They only have 5 games and 40 points. They are in dire form and though we have lost today we look like a side capable of creating chances and picking up points. They would need to win 3 of 5 to get to 49, which is a big if. We can catch them and hopefully Cheltenham don’t drop us back to 4th bottom.

Cheltenham have a game in hand on us, a better GD and have to play Burton.

33 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

We did enough to miss plenty of opportunities to either bury the ball in the back of the net or make a simple pass to a better placed player. Chislett, Uche, Garrity, Smith should all be scoring.

We had 5 yes FIVE good chances to score.

On top of that yes we had a few good chances created but the final ball was shocking and didnt even create a chance to score.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chickensteve said:
6 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:
Cheltenham have a game in hand on us, a better GD and have to play Burton.

The only ideal result in that match is a draw.

Indeed.  It was 0-0 when they played just a month ago so a repeat would be great but we have to pick a point or 3 up ourselves.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

For the record, I don't agree that playing Friday should have left them too tired for today

Just get sick and tired of the "they get loads of money so they can't ever underperform" thing

Same as playing Saturday and playing Tuesday, how many Tuesday wins over the last 2 years?  Another high tempo game after Friday with a thin squad is pushing it.

• Like 1