onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Flitcroft gone

Bede

Great news for the club but I'm still confused as to how some folk think it will turn the team into a bunch of fighters & good enough to stay up ??

This squad is awful and DF leaving won't make any difference to that. We can only hope we rebuild well next season UTV !!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Advert

What a relief, sadly quite a bit of damage has been done both in the stands and on the pitch. That is going to take time, energy and resources to resolve

I would love to hear DM say "I cannot wait to get rid of the dead wood" in about a months time - but I feel he is not a man given to public statements of this type. We shall see...

• Like 4

There's no way it should be John Rudge as director of football for me:

1) he's 80

2) he's a club legend, if he took it and it went wrong it would take away from his relationship with the fans (see Dean Glover).

3) people go on about his contact, that was 30+ years ago. None of those people will be still in football.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, TEXAS said:

Great news for the club but I'm still confused as to how some folk think it will turn the team into a bunch of fighters & good enough to stay up ??

This squad is awful and DF leaving won't make any difference to that. We can only hope we rebuild well next season UTV !!

I don't think people are expecting us to stay up. I think people feel quite of a lot of relief this morning that we can all look forward to the summer and next season.

Edited by Brian Johnson
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, markh said:

Lump on Vale to win Saturday. Big Darren should be walking in that session tomorrow, sitting down all the players and making it crystal clear that Carol has binned Flitcroft and you’re all playing for your future. If you’re not up for it, go now, stay away for the rest of the season and we’ll pay you off/flog you but don’t be expecting many buyers on recent performance. This is not over yet, but it’s getting squeaky bum time. 

We're a big fat 12/5 to win at 💩365!!✓✓

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TonyD said:

We have superb owners in the Shannahans and we should remember that.  I have every confidence that without the influence of yesterday's man, they can now work with the fans and together we can go from strength to strength, together.

What makes them superb? Struggling to come up with anything that justifies that. Getting rid of Smurfwaite? Even Carol herself can’t come up with much more in her letter than delivering Covid dinners 3 years ago. 

1 hour ago, TEXAS said:

My thoughts exactly mate. He's recruited the poor squad.

But we're left with exactly that. A poor squad with no heart, defenders who can't pass a ball 6 feet and generally struggle to keep the ball on the pitch.

I wouldn't imagine his departure coincides with an upturn in form.

And if it does and there was some undercurrent of anti DF from the players they go down even further in my estimation ad 100% effort and application is a given regardless of who is manager or DF. 

Just now, TJHValiant said:

What makes them superb? Struggling to come up with anything that justifies that. Getting rid of Smurfwaite? Even Carol herself can’t come up with much more in her letter than delivering Covid dinners 3 years ago. 

Just take a look around at other clubs and the ownership problems they have.  Port Vale is not a club in danger due to rogue owners.  Yes they have made some decisions that we haven't agreed with but they remain commited to the club and will ultimately stump up the money needed to right the wrongs should we be relegated.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, TonyD said:

Just take a look around at other clubs and the ownership problems they have.  Port Vale is not a club in danger due to rogue owners.  Yes they have made some decisions that we haven't agreed with but they remain commited to the club and will ultimately stump up the money needed to right the wrongs should we be relegated.

Can we admit that the Bycars move was ill advised and go back there next season then?

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

I get football is a completely different animal to when Rudgie drove to Rhyl and Moor Green. But I really hope we can save ( possibly 75 grand or more ? ) on wages for a DOF in League 2. 

Can Moore be more hands on and lean on his own team of coaches and liaise with Hancock?

Do we really need one. I'd say not at this moment no. 

• Like 2