onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Oxford (H) match thread - 16th March

robf

Advert

5 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

If he wanted to play for the shirt, I would keep Funso as well as maybe Chissy. I reckon those 3 (including Garrity) are better than our promotion winning midfield a couple of years ago.

It's the defence that really needs sorting for me! Shocking. Players who were in the promotion side have gone down hill.

Also, might be a good idea to sign some strikers? Might be worth a thought? For league 2, I would keep Wilson.

What's the use of keeping Wilson...he'd be out with injuries for half a season 🤣🤣🤣

Oxford finished 1 place below us last season and this season they are currently in a play off position.  Not much between the 2 clubs in terms of size, support and maybe revenue but they were better than us today in every department, what a difference 12 months makes.  Over the past couple of years I have been really really positive about where we are as a football club, good owners, good structure, good vision (Championship Ready) and some good infrastructure improvements.  And now.....well back to what we are used to..... Maybe one day somebody will come along and make this a successful club with some consistency.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ginginator said:

Behind the scenes Carol has moved the club on, stadium is getting there, fan zone etc.

But that is not what fans want. Good football and a winning team, or at least a team that shows promise. We did bring in players ,we signed and one resigned 3 strikers. All are useless or injured. 

The senior players we have are too slow, always injured or no better than before we gained promotion. 

IF DF thinks any of these players he gave contracts to, apart from BG maybe, he, well I cannot put words down. None of them will improve and that is what a good DoF can do to a 24/28 age footballer, with the right management. But do we look?

Planty and the rest have time. 

Vale do not have time to pay no hopers, just having the odd good game. 

When we were good the team picked itself and the subs wanted to play. This team my cat could pick and it could be better than the one DM picks, not his fault, but that is how poor they are.

What matters the most at any football club is what happens out on the pitch, not fanzones or providing free frozen veg and chips within the local community, and for a while now she's been making an absolute pigs ear of it. And worse than that, she has the nerve to try and patronise people writing cringey open letters trying to justify her nonsense.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is our club. We'll be here long after Catol has finished doing her work in the community and having barbecues with the phenomenal players, their knowledgeable wives and the genius that is our esteemed Director of Football.

If Carol continues to Bury her head in the sand, back the conman and dismiss the views and concerns of the heart and soul of Port Vale Football Club, (us fans) then we'll either have to turn our back on the club or take positive action to force the necessary changes to save our club from non-league oblivion. 

I'm fuming after watching that inept, gutless, pathetic performance today. Only Ripley was worthy of the shirt and the pay packet. It keeps getting worse and worse.

The most gutless person today was our manager who was off down the tunnel almost before the injury time board was held up and probably got home before most of us did!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

A win away at Burton may give new hope going into the gf game vs Rovers at home

We have to win 5 games from 9. We have won 3 from 31.

I take it you had your tongue firmly in your cheek when you typed the above? 😮

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Wozza4England said:

^^^^this^^^^

Die hard Vale season ticket holders are laughing at and taking the piss out of:

the players

the manager

the DoF 

the recruitment team

the sports science team

the coaches

the owner.

Why have none of the above got any pride in themselves? Are they just happy to laugh right back at us?

Too many cooks spoil the broth 

Spring to mind the club is drowning in 

People stealing a wage at the club 

And we're supposed to suck it up

Nope I don't think so 

Carol bin off Fraudcroft & his cronies

or sell up , time to be decisive 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, valiant steve said:

This is our club. We'll be here long after Catol has finished doing her work in the community and having barbecues with the phenomenal players, their knowledgeable wives and the genius that is our esteemed Director of Football.

If Carol continues to Bury her head in the sand, back the conman and dismiss the views and concerns of the heart and soul of Port Vale Football Club, (us fans) then we'll either have to turn our back on the club or take positive action to force the necessary changes to save our club from non-league oblivion. 

I'm fuming after watching that inept, gutless, pathetic performance today. Only Ripley was worthy of the shirt and the pay packet. It keeps getting worse and worse.

The most gutless person today was our manager who was off down the tunnel almost before the injury time board was held up and probably got home before most of us did!

Moore is either a stop gap and he'll <ovf censored> off in the summer or he's genuinely here because he knows something we don't and can't wait for the season to be over.

I think first ones more likely.

He's definitely got no rapport with these players 

Edited by eh up nah
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, eh up nah said:

Moore is either a stop gap and he'll <ovf censored> off in the summer or he's genuinely here because he knows something we don't and can't wait for the season to be over.

He's definitely got no rapport with these players 

48 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

My definition of woke is supporting something or someone which doesn't warrant being supported

How's that 

We all know the definition of woke is ‘anything i dont like’ but i never expected one of you to actually admit that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Too many cooks spoil the broth 

Spring to mind the club is drowning in 

People stealing a wage at the club 

And we're supposed to suck it up

Nope I don't think so 

Carol bin off Fraudcroft & his cronies

or sell up , time to be decisive 

Well said! Either sort this mess out by getting rid of DF, or get out of our club yourself! You (Carol) are sleepwalking into another relegation battle next season, one that these players and this manager won't win! 

We've had three abysmal transfer windows, we can't afford another one in the summer. If we do, we're doomed! 

Act now or sell to someone who will get a grip of things and stop the rot, bring stability and restore some pride and belief! 

It keeps getting worse and worse and worse! 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

We have to win 5 games from 9. We have won 3 from 31.

I take it you had your tongue firmly in your cheek when you typed the above? 😮

Are Vale capable of winning at Burton with Chislett.. Yes they are. 

Rovers dubbed today... Nothing to play for... Cambridge battered again

There is still hope however small

2 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

He's definitely got nothing with these players 

I think you might be onto summat there but I did expect more from DM but he's come across as someone who is completely out of his depth , he probably has got a release clause in his contract well I hope he has anyway , Ainsworth is the guy we need 

Carol will regain the fans trust if she 

F####  off Fraudcroft and his cronies and brings in a manager who will inspire us 

• Thanks 1