onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PVFC Meet delegation of fans regarding current concerns

25 minutes ago, grand prix pants said:

You prefer radio silence but want chapter and verse from Jacko et al?

Perhaps it would have caused less fuss if the people having the private meeting at their own request didn't start a thread on a message board about it if they didn't want everyone else to know what went on. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Advert

14 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

True, we will still be crap, but let’s not forget that we should now be in the process of at least drawing up a list of targets for next season, made all the more difficult by the fact we don’t know what league we’ll be playing in, although we can all probably guess the answer to that.  As it stands our DoF will be overseeing this process, which doesn’t give me any confidence.

I assume the Recruitment Manager does all the leg work at this stage, whether there is much difference in top end  L2 Promotion hopeful budgets and ours  as a L1 hopeful will depend on  what the  Owners have indicated.

1 hour ago, TEXAS said:

So are you saying that DF is responsible for Smith making stupid mistakes every week ? The manager not picking the one defender who looks like he wants to defend ( Lopata ) , Loft will suddenly become a striker ? I could go on. 

I agree he is responsible & they are players he has brought in, the point I am trying to make is they will still be crap if he gets the sack.

What you say is true, but it will still make a lot of people very happy if he is sacked, at a time when we have little to be happy about. So for that alone he should be sacked. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Jacko, thank you for your reply. So are you going to enlighten all the fans that weren’t invited to this clandestine meeting, what was discussed. In relation to improving match day experience what about entertaining on the pitch, by playing a style of football that gives the impression that the players want to play for the club. If you tell me that they are phenomenal then we’ve signed some dross. Which I hasten to add the fans know. During the meeting, what was actually discussed, it comes over as gloating that you were invited to attend such a meeting. This is how you divide a fan base. So please tell us what was discussed and why you feel so positive about the meeting.
From a basic point of view, was the shoddy treatment of fans in the RP discussed, concerning the toilets.? Whilst I’m sure the groups that you mentioned are good ppl with the clubs best interest at heart and that they do lots of good work that others like myself don’t know about. You didn’t mention Colin Garlick in his role by helping to get rid of NS and look how that turned out for him. The only person to get rid of NS was Carol by purchasing the club for a sum that he was happy to accept. 

VB, a very derogatory way of addressing other PVFC fans. 

The irony. 

Seems to me that a decent cross section of fans attended and they asked the pertinent questions. As long as the concerns we all have are asked then there’s no issue from me. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, worldsendvalefan said:

What you say is true, but it will still make a lot of people very happy if he is sacked, at a time when we have little to be happy about. So for that alone he should be sacked. 🙂

Totally agree - I'm amazed he's still here myself & it's his fault we are in this mess, my original point was that results will still not improve. Maybe a more "feel good factor" from the crowd may help if was sacked but let's be honest we're still awful no matter how much the crowd have already tried .

Jacko, thank you for your reply. So are you going to enlighten all the fans that weren’t invited to this clandestine meeting, what was discussed. In relation to improving match day experience what about entertaining on the pitch, by playing a style of football that gives the impression that the players want to play for the club. If you tell me that they are phenomenal then we’ve signed some dross. Which I hasten to add the fans know. During the meeting, what was actually discussed, it comes over as gloating that you were invited to attend such a meeting. This is how you divide a fan base. So please tell us what was discussed and why you feel so positive about the meeting.
From a basic point of view, was the shoddy treatment of fans in the RP discussed, concerning the toilets.? Whilst I’m sure the groups that you mentioned are good ppl with the clubs best interest at heart and that they do lots of good work that others like myself don’t know about. You didn’t mention Colin Garlick in his role by helping to get rid of NS and look how that turned out for him. The only person to get rid of NS was Carol by purchasing the club for a sum that he was happy to accept. 

Yes to all your questions.  And just to clarify yet again for the umpteenth time. The club DID NOT invite us, we asked them. And they didn’t know until the afternoon of the meeting who was attending. And you have no idea the part played by members of B&G in explaining to Carol at the Cheltenham game in 2019 what Norman was doing and why they need her help. You have no idea of the amount of digging about Norman which went on and which got him quite worried. 

How many Vale games to you get to?  You said you didn’t attend often. Is that because you live abroad?  

If you check the Vale website you will find contact details for the club. You can email them and ask if you can make an appointment with Carol, Matt Hancock or David Flitcroft. Let us know how you get on. 

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Yes to all your questions.  And just to clarify yet again for the umpteenth time. The club DID NOT invite us, we asked them. And they didn’t know until the afternoon of the meeting who was attending. And you have no idea the part played by members of B&G in explaining to Carol at the Cheltenham game in 2019 what Norman was doing and why they need her help. You have no idea of the amount of digging about Norman which went on and which got him quite worried. 

How many Vale games to you get to?  You said you didn’t attend often. Is that because you live abroad?  

If you check the Vale website you will find contact details for the club. You can email them and ask if you can make an appointment with Carol, Matt Hancock or David Flitcroft. Let us know how you get on. 

The select few holding information to their chests yet claiming to be and speak for the fanbase, what a joke.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Perhaps it would have caused less fuss if the people having the private meeting at their own request didn't start a thread on a message board about it if they didn't want everyone else to know what went on. 

Or maybe things that were confidential remain confidential for the respect of those requesting it. Everything else is out in the public domain on the various posts, tweets and podcasts - there is nothing else. We may have differing opinions on Flitcroft, but we can act with some dignity, confidentiality, humanity and professionalism.

• Like 8

56 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

If you read my last post I don’t have the time or inclination to go to VP and sit down with ppl who I don’t believe anything that they say. In relation to my residence, I do spend a lot of time outside the UK and that is relevant because.? Last week you sent me a PM asking if you should know me. I told you that I just post on here.

25 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

If you read my last post I don’t have the time or inclination to go to VP and sit down with ppl who I don’t believe anything that they say. In relation to my residence, I do spend a lot of time outside the UK and that is relevant because.? Last week you sent me a PM asking if you should know me. I told you that I just post on here.

So you ask hundreds of questions here about the meeting but don’t have the inclination to go and ask face to face?  And you don’t go to games to give your support but seem desperate to hear gossip from people who do?  Is the sun in the Canaries getting to you?!

Edited by Jacko51
  • Like 5

57 minutes ago, MrButton said:

The select few holding information to their chests yet claiming to be and speak for the fanbase, what a joke.

I take it you’re not a member of any of the “select” groups?  From what I know any/all of these organisations are open for anyone to join.  If you’re not a member then why not join?  If you are a member then why not get in touch with the respective head honcho and ask your questions or express your views?

I wasn’t at the meeting but it’s quite obvious what was discussed, unless you’ve got a totally different set of gripes than all the fans I speak to, in which case you could still address these to one of the fans groups for them to get answers on at any future meeting.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

I assume the Recruitment Manager does all the leg work at this stage, whether there is much difference in top end  L2 Promotion hopeful budgets and ours  as a L1 hopeful will depend on  what the  Owners have indicated.

He’s not going to be doing much legwork without his boss giving him the go ahead though is he.

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

So you ask hundreds of questions here about the meeting but don’t have the inclination to go and ask face to face?  And you don’t go to games to give your support but seem desperate to hear gossip from people who do?  Is the sun in the Canaries getting to you?!

I was wondering if there was anything different said that’s all, obviously there wasn’t, unless you signed an NDA.I deal in facts not gossip so if that’s all that it was fine. I do go to games but I’m so bored I watch the horse racing on my phone. So youve googled my username and immediately jumped to the conclusion that I’m in the Canaries. PS In relation to your question is the sun getting to me, no it isn’t, but thank you for your concern. 😉

Edited by Playa Amodores
  • Haha 1

All the people who attended the meeting don’t listen to the crap that’s wrote on here 

Every genuine fan knows they can trust u to try and get carol to see the damage that DF has caused 

Edited by Packmoor_vale
  • Like 5