onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PVFC Meet delegation of fans regarding current concerns

2 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

We have mainly played with one striker. 

2 x quality strikers plus a Josh Thomas type player we would have been in a much better place

Harrison did not want to be here and he played like he did not want to be here. He downed tools. It was pointless having him here at that point. The problem was replacing him with the wrong striker

I’d agree, but I can’t name many players that do want to be here. They seem to all have downed tools when the clocks went back! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Advert

4 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Because our entire future as a football club is not solely dependent on us being relegated this season, that's how.

If things are always bad, then yes, the good times will indeed be always ahead of you. 

• Like 1

please can the Vale players give the Vale fan something to cheer about . You are always asking the vale fans  to back them  the players and the club . But they don’t give vale fans anything to be Happy about .  The play is very  poor Dull the vale player never give the vale fans anything in return  Not even a decent game of football . 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, philmpv said:

So to sum up:

1. I wasn't personally invited to this meeting so I'm not happy;

2. The statement doesn't include a second by second account of what went on so I'm not happy;

3. The statement doesn't say exactly what I want to happen so I'm not happy;

4. On account of the foregoing, I'll presume every negative thing I can from what I don't know went on.

Some of you don't half love banging your gums incessantly. Until DF goes, it's clear that some are never going to accept anything coming out of the club. Then it'll move on to blaming DF for everything in the years after that as being a legacy from his involvement, before the blame for a failed signing moves to Carol/new manager. I really don't know why Carol bothers.

And some fans dont half love belittling other fans opinions because they want some answers to why things have gone so terribly wrong. Who are you to say how fans should act. Most of us are happy after bede has explained in more detail. As the statement from the club and the supporters group was pretty vague 

• Like 5

I think the only explanation for this loyalty to DF is that PVFC received consultancy from MRKT Insights at some point last year.

These are the same consultancy firm who were quite involved with Argyle’s recent success - a club Carol openly stated we were looking to emulate.

One of MRKT’s main guys is very vocal about not abandoning plans when things go poorly in the short-term, and not caving to fan pressure. I’m not saying ai agree with him (I definitely don’t), but that’s the party line.

It is a fairly arrogant line which assumes all fans are morons, but they’ve been successful in another specific environment, so surely it applies everywhere! 

I imagine Carol intends to ride the DF criticism out, fully committed to the fairly nonsensical long-term plan they’ve got.

We’re eventually going to have to accept this, for all the weeping and wailing we might do. Its her club, as as much as lads want to walk into a boardroom, down a pint, and make her sack someone, it isn’t going to happen. 

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

I think the only explanation for this loyalty to DF is that PVFC received consultancy from MRKT Insights at some point last year.

These are the same consultancy firm who were quite involved with Argyle’s recent success - a club Carol openly stated we were looking to emulate.

One of MRKT’s main guys is very vocal about not abandoning plans when things go poorly in the short-term, and not caving to fan pressure. I’m not saying ai agree with him (I definitely don’t), but that’s the party line.

It is a fairly arrogant line which assumes all fans are morons, but they’ve been successful in another specific environment, so surely it applies everywhere! 

I imagine Carol intends to ride the DF criticism out, fully committed to the fairly nonsensical long-term plan they’ve got.

We’re eventually going to have to accept this, for all the weeping and wailing we might do. Its her club, as as much as lads want to walk into a boardroom, down a pint, and make her sack someone, it isn’t going to happen. 

If hes to stay id expect some answers to questions as to why things went wrong and some accountability 

• Like 1

This is basically all that those not privy to these behind the scenes conversations were after. The announcement that a meeting had taken place and a broadbrush statement with little or no meaningful content did little to appease many fans. If this was the background & content of the meeting then why could this not just have been communicated avoiding lots of negative social media posts ? Another instance of poor communication ! Why was the detail about the meeting not communicated in advance allowing those with no affiliation with the 3 representative groups an opportunity to provide them with input which as have been additional to what you already had ? Could this be taken on board for such future meetings please.

Thank you for your clarity 

• Like 4

Great to get some comms from the other side of the table to explain what happened in more detail. A shame it wasn't communicated at the same time as the club put out their statement as it is so much better than theirs 

• Like 1