onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PVFC Meet delegation of fans regarding current concerns

26 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

If your in the know , mate 

Can you enlighten us on what was discussed and what's going to happen moving forward to help to unite and galvanise our fanbase 

Based on discussions I had beforehand with those who had contacted the club to set up the meeting, DF was perhaps the key point of discussion.

As for what was said, I have no idea. Flitcroft would undoubtedly have been discussed and I imagine in strong terms. 

The fact that not much has been said makes it clear, to me, that there must be a good reason to do so. These are good Vale fans who were organising it, and there must be reasonable justification why the corporate statement was put out.

Fundamentally I trust those there. If they can’t share what they said, then there must be a reason. 

At the end of the day, anyone can email Matt Hancock and request the exact same meeting. The SC will be meeting again soon. This meeting was supposed to be the first step in reengaging Carol after a bad year - I hope something comes of it but there’s very little we can do if nothing does.

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advert

3 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Firstly “youth”. I’m a 43 year old man who has lived away from home for 25 years.

Secondly, I don’t doubt whatsoever that any Vale fan has the club at heart. We all do. 

Thirdly. You say I’ve contributed little? Is that right? Where have I contributed little? How much do you know of what i have contributed to this club?

Im glad the meeting happened. 

Brilliant.

So instead of having a go at me, tell your friends at NLV and the supporters club and the Black and Gold (which really is pathetic now and shouldn’t be involved) to make statements on their behalf, through their own organisations, to let the average fan know what is going on and how those talks went.

The statement from the club went on about communication and yet no supporter knew this was happening??!! 
So don’t fans have a right to be pissed off and be in the dark?

All the groups you mentioned all represent different groups of Vale supporters. Inviting all the groups gave the chance for a broader spectrum of Vale fans to be represented and to be heard. I don't see anything wrong in that. It is not possible to get every supporter involved as I am sure you realise, but those groups will have a good idea of their members concerns from feedback and from all the views on social media. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

So I take it you where present at the meeting? 😊

So perhaps you can explain why this vague statement was agreed upon, with absolutely zero genuine content of the meeting being revealed? I think that is what 99% of people are angry about. That we are still told absolute nothing, and that all fans that seem to have been there, all of a sudden talk like politicians and wont tell a single detail about answers given at the meeting. Did you sign an NDA? In my humble opinion, this is just creating an even bigger divide, instead of pulling fans together. 😞

Your actually angry?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Your actually angry?

No, but I'm baffled. Others seem angry though.

Having read most of this thread and loads of posts on X, do you think this statement with total lack of information, and the attendees answering like politicians, speaking without saying anything, is more gathering or dividing the fans? 

As I said elsewhere: what 99% of the angry are angry about, is the utter and total lack of information. And the way they're answering, you'd think they shared nuclear launch codes! 
If they plan to come out with more information, they should have waited to make a statement until they're actually ready to reveal such information. 
This statement, is just another piss take to the general fan.

And I do think that it's baffling beyond belief, and quite contradictory, that one of the points discussed at the meeting was the lack of communication and information from the club.
Just for the attendees to not only agree to such a non-statement, but actually actively engage in not communicating and withholding key information.

Edited by Danish Valiant
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, MBE said:

Look at this for communication.....  it's not rocket science to explain your decisions

MBE, thank you for posting this. I’m not sure as fans I would be wanting the club to give us this level of information. Also the information provided is just from one side, it could be considered divisive to try and win back the fans. How I see it our fan base is fragmented, there’s only one person that can heal that but that person treats the fans with discontent. Of course I don’t expect her to do what the fans request but to sit there and watch how last season unfolded and then the end of 2023 and to have not taken any action to resolve our fortunes is beyond me.

Edited by Playa Amodores
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Having read most of this thread and loads of posts on X, do you think this statement with total lack of information, and the attendees answering like politicians, speaking without saying anything, is more gathering or dividing the fans? 

As I said elsewhere: what 99% of the angry are angry about, is the utter and total lack of information. And the way they're answering, you'd think they shared nuclear launch codes! 
If they plan to come out with more information, they should have waited to make a statement until they're actually ready to reveal such information. 
This statement, is just another piss take to the general fan.

I just think the reaction of the normal blokes on here a bit ridiculous 

Ive not really met any of the groups who were there but I reckon I can trust them enough that there doing the right thing 

We are going down and once we do I’m going protest and hopefully it’s enough to remove DF 

I also think as good as this site is there is some rate cockheads posting daily 

See u Saturday 

Edited by Packmoor_vale
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Emile said:

I didn't say I expected him to be sacked. 

I asked what the purpose of the meeting was and if it achieved it's objectives. 

I don't think it has achieved anything unless it was to maintain the infighting and discontent amongst supporters

I assume the aim was to open constructive dialogue with the club and try to begin healing the rift between club and fans.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Here’s my issue Steve and you know I respect you. 
I honestly do not believe that the club understands the issues the fans have!

That statement mate. Come on.

I don’t care about anything other than getting David Flitcroft out of this club.

That’s my only issue.

And yet they have to make a point in their statement about the DOF and the disagreement in between the said parties that were there!!

I am happily proved wrong if she sacks him today but if he’s still here in the summer we are doomed.

You know me. I was black and gold. The amount of money and my relationship by the way, suffered for this club. To save my club. I just don’t get the black and gold thing right now.

If you were there, and by the way I would have loved to be there, I would have just gone, “David Flitcroft. Sack him”

No politics. Just rhyme off every failure on the pitch he has made.

Dropped my pint and walk out.

It’s really not rocket science Steve but take a few hours, think about Smurthwaite, (I’m not saying this is happening again) but he did similar in the early years. 

Flitcroft goes. 
The club resets. 
Flitcroft stays. 
The club has cancer.

It’s pretty simple mate regardless of any politics and any factions. 

"If you were there, and by the way I would have loved to be there, I would have just gone, “David Flitcroft. Sack him”

No politics. Just rhyme off every failure on the pitch he has made.

Dropped my pint and walk out."

And do you think the meeting would have lasted for approximately 3 hours if you had adopted that attitude?  No it wouldn't and the various other matters that the supporters were concerned about would never have been raised.  You say you would have loved to be there but you say you work nights so that was not an option for you.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

As I said elsewhere: what 99% of the angry are angry about, is the utter and total lack of information.

I can't understand why folk are saying the statement gave a total lack of information.  It says that a considerable amount of the discussion was about the Director of Football.  It says there was an acknowledgment from the club that communication with fans had been poor.  It says there was a robust debate about accountability for football performance.  What else did you want to know??

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

The main problem is player recruitment.  The Owners have to review the situation once the season is decided. They decide how much  they can allocate to the player budget, how to improve the current system, change of current staff and integration of new First team staff. Some of this maybe going on at present .  

6 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

So do you just accept the problem or do you try to turn the ship round?

That all depends on how genuine the two parties are that were in attendance and what they want as an outcome.Talk is cheap and can be just a seen to be doing exercise. So I guess with in the next twelve months we’ll find out how productive this meeting was. I don’t believe that fans should dictate to the owner but it would appear that she and the staff aren’t seeing what the fans are seeing unfolding every time the team takes to the pitch. The standard of football in this league isn’t great even with the bigger teams who have a lot bigger budget than the rest. Mediocre teams come have three or four players of slightly above average quality and years us apart.This is the modern game and with the odd exception is the same in every league. 

4 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

The main problem is player recruitment.  The Owners have to review the situation once the season is decided. They decide how much  they can allocate to the player budget, how to improve the current system, change of current staff and integration of new First team staff. Some of this maybe going on at present .  

Fosse, if it’s going on now it’s planning for L2. How many transfer windows do we need to improve things. History shows that we’re not capable of negotiating our way through a transfer window.

33 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I assume the aim was to open constructive dialogue with the club and try to begin healing the rift between club and fans.  

Do you believe the aim was achieved? Have the club begun to heal the rift between club and fans? I don't see it personally.

Edited by Emile
  • Like 3