onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PVFC Meet delegation of fans regarding current concerns

4 hours ago, Mellor! said:

I am unsure why you think no one was contacted. Are you part of the Supporters Club committee or Black and Gold? If the meeting was called by the two groups and not the club, surely the people in the committee and B&G group knew about it? You can't expect them to consult every fan and everyone who has put on a black and gold scarf.

I simply wanted to know who called the meeting as The Club say it was not them. I also thought members of said Supporters Club and/ or B & G may have been advised that they were requesting a meeting.

Advert

16 minutes ago, cheeky said:

A high proportion of the beef from posters on this thread doesn’t seem to be about the statement itself, but because they weren’t invited to the meeting, which is a bit entitled in my opinion. It smacks of jealousy to me, to be frank.

Am I annoyed I wasn’t told about the meeting? No. Am I annoyed I wasn’t invited? No. How can I be. I’m a Vale fan. I buy my season ticket and spend my money at the club. But, I don’t give up my free time for the club, I haven’t attempted to arrange a meeting myself. The people who did attend, obviously did and do all this, so there shouldn’t be any resentment because you weren’t invited. It’s ludicrous.

With regards to the statement itself, of course it’s written how it is. The minutiae if the meeting, the individual personal comments likely made, obviously cannot be included. It’s a public statement from a professional business and it cannot include criticism about members of staff etc it could leave the club, an employer, open to all sorts issues (constructive dismissal case for example?). 

All I’m taking from it is dialogue has been opened between the club and its customers. Whatever you think of the Shanahans, DF etc, that’s got to be a positive surely. The ability to listen and communicate was not something V2001 / Smurhwaite were ever open too.

And no, I’m not a happy clapper, and no, I’m not happy with where we are in the league, the recruitment over the last 18 months etc but my recourse is through my wallet, that’s it.  I have no other entitlement to anything else and nor should I.

I certainly am not jealous, just curious, if you are a person who questions and seeks evidence then I would suggest there are several unanswered questions. 

An imbecile could probably predict what was discussed at this so called meeting, what I am more concerned with is what was the result of the discussions, what conclusions were drawn by the fans present? If everyone present at that meeting now agrees and concurs with the official statement then with that power of persuasion then they may as well broadcast the meeting over the tannoy on Saturday so we can all jump aboard.

Things just get stranger and stranger at Vale Park. I have been appreciative of the Shanahan’s support and ownership up until late however something tells me I’m having my belly stroked. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Dr Delgado said:

I certainly am not jealous, just curious, if you are a person who questions and seeks evidence then I would suggest there are several unanswered questions. 

An imbecile could probably predict what was discussed at this so called meeting, what I am more concerned with is what was the result of the discussions, what conclusions were drawn by the fans present? If everyone present at that meeting now agrees and concurs with the official statement then with that power of persuasion then they may as well broadcast the meeting over the tannoy on Saturday so we can all jump aboard.

Things just get stranger and stranger at Vale Park. I have been appreciative of the Shanahan’s support and ownership up until late however something tells me I’m having my belly stroked. 

The simple fact of the matter is a group of supporters took time out and made the effort to arrange a meeting with the club to air their issues. There wasn’t actually an obligation at all for them to make a statement. They didn’t have to, and the purpose of the statement I suspect isn’t necessarily the content, but more so to show that dialogue has been opened, to show there is an effort there to work together because let’s face it, what was or wasn’t said isn’t the most important thing right now. What is important is to encourage a bit of unity and an atmosphere on Saturday where we can hopefully push the players on the pitch to a much needed 3 points. That’s the only important thing right now in me eyes.

You don’t need to know what was said at the meeting, you’re not entitled to know what was said at the meeting. If you do want to know what Carole etc views are of the current situation, you can always request a meeting yourself. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dr Delgado said:

All fans are equal but some are more equal than others.

I don’t know how you have come to that conclusion. A group of people contacted the club and asked for a meeting, they weren’t cherry picked by the club themselves. And that’s notwithstanding the fact this sort of meeting must surely fall within the remit of the supporters club in any event.

It is open to anyone to contact the club if they want and ask for a meeting. And if somebody wants greater involvement then they can out themselves forward for one of the SC committee roles at their AGM. It’s not a closed shop.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wootter said:

Probably not invited because you are all miserable negative doom mongering bast&&&s ???

at least in league 2 we can win a few games 

enjoy the day out and stop moaning

better than sitting at home with the missus

Charming!

• Haha 1

Carol has made her opinion clear. I think the way people are going about it trying to force her hand will not work. She will either come to her own decision that Flitcroft needs to go, assisted by people close to her whose opinion she values, without being swayed by fans. Or fans trying to force her hand will result in her giving up on the club or perhaps more importantly the fan base. I really hope it is the former. I want Flitcroft gone but I am not arrogant enough to think that I can force her hand.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cheeky said:

I don’t know how you have come to that conclusion. A group of people contacted the club and asked for a meeting, they weren’t cherry picked by the club themselves. And that’s notwithstanding the fact this sort of meeting must surely fall within the remit of the supporters club in any event.

It is open to anyone to contact the club if they want and ask for a meeting. And if somebody wants greater involvement then they can out themselves forward for one of the SC committee roles at their AGM. It’s not a closed shop.

I would suggest that real supporters tend to have a cross section of views and opinion, call me cynical if you will but I would dearly love to know what was put in the tea at that meeting that has convinced everyone to sing off the same song sheet. I am not a negative poster, most of my efforts on here have been positive and supportive of the club and the owners, some may even call me a happy clapper but I have a problem with being stroked. I’ll shout and support the team, never boo a player but I sense some condescension here.

• Like 2

You have to question what the point of the meeting was. 

I guess, the supporters requested the meeting because they are feeling the resentment building in the club between the fans and the owner.

Did this meeting quell this resentment? The answer on here is clearly no.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Black N White said:

Actions speak louder than words. When will she ever learn? 

Carol out and take your love child Flitcroft with you! 

Just out of curiosity , who would you want as owner and how would you go about it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emile said:

You have to question what the point of the meeting was. 

I guess, the supporters requested the meeting because they are feeling the resentment building in the club between the fans and the owner.

Did this meeting quell this resentment? The answer on here is clearly no.

With no official comment from any of the said bodies in that meeting, I would say it was a meeting to appease those who head those factions. And by the way not one of them matter. Not to the fans of the club. I mean, the black and good group? Get a <ovf censored> grip. That ship sailed long ago and shouldn’t exist still!

The supporters club. 
Who is the chairman these days? 
When are the meetings? 
Tell me why you represent ME as a supporter? 
You are absolutely pointless!

Who was the third? The NLV? 
Virtue signaling lot. 

All three factions. You do realise she is appeasing you all. You do realise this bides her more time for David. And I really really hope you all realise that after that statement you’ll make statements in your own little bubbles and social media sites. 

So show us YOUR conclusions after this meeting.

I won’t hold my breath. 

Edited by Spunk Trumpet
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1