onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shrewsbury (H) match thread - 9th March

I actually thought we were better than we have been for a while Saturday, we actually created some very good chances and had a bit of effort in us, all be it against probably the worst side we've faced all season (which is damning when they've taken 6 points off us!) but again, 2 sloppy set piece defending including the build up to the first corner and some wayward finishing/great keeping cost us. You'd put your house on Garrity to score one on one for instance (Loft got battered for that).

Doesn't seem to matter what we do or how we play though that defensive lapse we have is costing us, and its not like we dont change the back three to try and solve it.

We should really have won Saturday but the key pieces of quality were not there at the big moments and its why we are heading down unfortunately.

• Like 6

Advert

22 hours ago, Wrex said:

It was theorised that he had a real attitude problem and we sent him back, but agreed to imply it was because of injury so Liverpool didn't have their asset's value diminished.

His attitude problem was probably something along the lines of…”I’m not ruining my career to play alongside this shower” 

• Like 1

On 10/03/2024 at 13:11, Killersrevenge44 said:

No Paul that is the mindset on how not to run a football club

Where Carol is going wrong is running the club like a clockwork robotic corporation. We all work for corporations and Saturday we want that mindset to be left where it deserves to be left... At the corporation. 

Vale are a football club and a community one we have followed for years. The fans are the club without the fans the club is nothing. 

The culture needs to be changed. If that means a change of owner so be it. 

Carol is not running the club like a clockwork robotic corporation, just the opposite although she is trying to run it more professionally than previous owners.

Fans usually have a much more emotional attachment (For whatever reasons) and hence loyalty to a football club than they do to any other business, brand or product.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

I agree , but she has to let go of the reins, show Flitcroft the door , and let Darren Moore have full control over team . When she does that, everything will be more relaxed . The players, bar Garrity and Ripley , will still be <ovf censored> but at least Moore can make his own decisions . Everyone at the club seems to be wound tighter than a spring. You could see it in Moore’s face in the post match interview yesterday. Let’s get back to being Port Vale . We’re not trying to conquer the world. UTV 

I agree with most of that HV but I admit I've left a tiny little space that DF may not go.......but I will always "go".

Edited by Paul6754
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeffporthill said:

Why did they replace the wonder of you with thunderstruck just before the kickoff on Saturday.

I know I'm going against popular opinion here per usual, which's served me well all season, but the Wonder of You is one of the most boring & one of the most uninspiring song's going.

How a song like that is going to get any payer up for a battle, god knows.

I'm glad they have tried to change it.

Why is Penny Arcade a staple for the match day play list too?

59 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

I know I'm going against popular opinion here per usual, which's served me well all season, but the Wonder of You is one of the most boring & one of the most uninspiring song's going.

I'm not 100% on this so apologies to any friends of his if I'm wrong. 

I'm sure it was Charlie's fav song. The Crown bus legend before his sad passing. Obviously there's the mural too. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Ah this old chestnut. The football’s crap so let’s change the playlist. Won’t work, it’s the football that’s boring and drab, not the theme song. 

I love “wonder of you” so many away fans ask me if we are still playing it and find it rousing. It is part of the club’s identity. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

I'm not 100% on this so apologies to any friends of his if I'm wrong. 

I'm sure it was Charlie's fav song. The Crown bus legend before his sad passing. Obviously there's the mural too. 

I thought it got played originally as it was a Billy Bell favourite too? 

10 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Ah this old chestnut. The football’s crap so let’s change the playlist. Won’t work, it’s the football that’s boring and drab, not the theme song. 

I love “wonder of you” so many away fans ask me if we are still playing it and find it rousing. It is part of the club’s identity. 

How the fook is that song rousing ?

It's so slow & boring.

It's nothing to do with the crap football by the way. Its the crap play list

It's also not part of the club's identity.

Edited by Brian Johnson