onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darren Moore

Rory

23 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:
20 hours ago, JS Valiant said:
Like others have said in both the Fleetwood Game and on Saturday their managers changed shape and tortured us down the Flanks
What did Moore do to combat it, nothing.
I know the players are not great but you still have to react to what is happening on the Pitch, Moore is Clueless and if he is still at Vale at Christmas I will be amazed.
 By the Way if I was the Owner and heard that he’s going to resign if we are relegated he would be Down the Road Immediately.

So you would pay their contract up costing a small fortune on the basis that they are likely to walk away in a few weeks time costing you nothing

I certainly wouldn’t have him playing the Big I am, she’s the owner and she made the Appointment.

Monetary Wise it doesn’t make sense obviously but if he is thinking of walking how does he expect to get another job unless it’s with Flitcroft.

Advert

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

That was back in the day when a manager was a manager not a head coach or any other term they may be called now. Things have moved on since then. We may not need a DOF (I think we do, with Carol in charge) but we cannot have a manager in control of everything, especially not Moore.

As a matter of interest who has Moore signed in his previous clubs where there was no DoF or equivalent.

16 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

If Moore wants to leave at the end of the season then so be it. I think if he doesn’t want to be here then a parting of the ways is needed for both parties.

If he is to get sacked then that would be a damning indictment on how the club is being run, as that would mean we would be looking for our 5th manager in less than 3 and a half years.

Personally I’d like to see what he can do with a squad that HE can build. If it’s the case he doesn’t want to be here then get someone in who does. 
I would turn to Ainsworth because of his proven pedigree at building a project. And before anyone he says his football was crap, as long as it’s winning football I couldn’t care less. I’ve been bored enough this last 18 months.

Totally agree ST

I would also like to see what he can build here(DM) after all surely he cant be sacked for not getting a tune out of the crap we have here right now.

As for Ainsworth I aren't 100% convinced with him for some reason,personally if we are to have money to build in the summer and DM left then i would poach Williamson from MK Dons his stats stand out tbf,would he come,doubt it but you dont know unless you try.... BUT I am happy for Moore to start the season with HIS team

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Threw away a two goal lead against an average side... Twice in two home games! 

You're easily pleased! 

I'm not easily hooked.

Play your wind-up games with anyone who might be interested.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I like Darren Moore. I think we have also put in place a good coaching team around him. We haven't sorted out the scouting side of the organisation post Flitcroft. 

For many supporters like me, the Exeter second half was the final straw with many in this squad of players. It wasn't Darren Moore's fault. Nor was, for example, Smith kicking the ball to the opposition striker soon after kickoff whilst Ripley is out of goal as happened in his first home game. 

Tonight is a critical moment. If we can somehow stay up, then the approach to next season is different than going down. But fundamentally I believe if Darren Moore has a good set of players for either L1 or L2 he will get some good results. I can see he can coach and he handles public relations well. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Warren said:

I like Darren Moore. I think we have also put in place a good coacging team around him. We haven't sorted out the scouting side of the organisation post Flitcroft. 

For many supporters like me, the Exeter second half was the final straw with many in this squad of players. It wasn't Darren Moore's fault. Nor was, for example, Smith kicking the ball to the opposition striker soon after kickoff whilst Ripley is out of goal as happened in his first home game. 

Tonight is a critical moment. If we can somehow stay up, then the approach to next season is different than going down. But fundamentally I believe if Darren Moore has a good set of players for either L1 or L2 he will get some good results. I can see he can coach and he handles public relations well. 

Terrific post, spot on Warren.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

When, I think of Patrick. He reminds me of the character Mike Teevee, from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. With his besotted mother. 

Funnily enough, Smurthwaite always reminded me of a combination of Augustus Gloop with the traits of Veruca Salt thrown in!

Edited by The Kalamazoo Kid
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

As a matter of interest who has Moore signed in his previous clubs where there was no DoF or equivalent.

34 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Really interesting, thanks for sharing.

I know that the money involved in many of those transfers is on another scale altogether from our own reach, but there are some cracking players on that list of Darren Moore signings.

As far as I can find, 3 of the 4 clubs prior to Vale had a Director of Football / Technical Director in place at that time.

Doncaster Rovers do now, but it's not clear if they did when Darren was managing them.

• Like 2