onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darren Moore

Rory

8 hours ago, LancyTony said:

James Wilson / Jamie Proctor / Tom Pett / Mal Benning / Harry Charsley / Connor Hall / Dennis Politic / Lewis Cass / Funso Ojo / Ellis Harrison / Will Forrester / Ethan Chislett / Connor Ripley / Mitch Clarke / Alex Iacovitti / Tom Sang / Uche Ikpeazu / Jesse Debrah / Jayson Leutwiler - would all like to thank you for your support! 

There have also been players who most of us thought would be decent signings, but just didn't work out for us, for whatever reasons. And, of course, there are loan players and our own youngsters who have been much better than "a disgrace to their profession)!!! 

Maybe your memory just needed jogging?

You took a sabbatical Tony? Welcome back.

If you re read the thread of posts you completely miss the point. I'm talking about senior signed players this season, those experienced lads who will be in prime and above in their careers. For avoidance of doubt lads 27>

They have been a disgrace. Happy to break those players down for you if you're still unsure what and who I'm referring to.

• Like 1

Advert

23 hours ago, smithie said:

Honestly, if I was Carol I would be in front of the players and lay on the line exactly what relegation would mean for her and our club.

Would it work, would they give a hoot? 

I don't know but I doubt I'd be able to contain my frustration at the state of things currently. 

Unfortunately, it seems she's more likely to thank them profusely for coming to play for us.

I wonder if her emotional demeanour on Saturday was triggered by the shouts from the terraces at full-time. Heaven knows where her head is at right now.      

What have I missed? Is there a video? Did she do a reverse-Delia and get upset or something?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, smithie said:

She has been let down but I felt from the outset that she had unrealistic optimism for growing the attendances. Although it was great to see the enthusiasm and ambition, history shows we've struggled to break the 7-8k barrier even when an established Div 2 (ie Championship) side.

Without ridiculous levels of spending, we were always going to (and probably needed to) stabilise in the third tier. What she maybe didn't twig was that there's no great appetite for mid-table football season in, season out.

I feel sorry for her, but I'm sure she's got her exit route in mind. We're here for life.  

I think there was every appetite for a few years of mid-table. There wasn’t for 31 defeats in 54.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Rory said:

It's a lot easier for Port Vale and our budget to sign good League Two players. We managed to transform the side from nonsense to be able to punch above our weight and win promotion quickly.

hmmm...so you chose to ignore the content of the post I was replying to?

The Hudds fans were right

It looks that way from our 2nd half showing. Worst half of football I’ve seen all season from Vale (I left Barnsley at 4-0 so didn’t see the whole half). We were dire away at Fleetwood but that 2nd half was on another level.
  • Like 1