onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Backroom staff

Wrex

Advert

1 hour ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

To be fair if I was Vale I wouldn't announce anything either because all's that happens when they do is people moan and take the piss.

Why bother

Exactly 

Moan and bitch about everything then when the club goes a bit quiet there accused of not being transparent 

I think the league position is shocking and want DF to leave 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Exactly 

Moan and bitch about everything then when the club goes a bit quiet there accused of not being transparent 

I think the league position is shocking and want DF to leave 

The club could do absolutely anything and it wouldn't be good enough and people will moan

Free tickets? Terrible idea

Feed the homeless? <ovf censored> them, focus on the starting 11

Sack the manager? Wasn't his fault, why have they sacked him and not the DoF

Communicate with the fans? No they aren't saying what I want to hear

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

The club could do absolutely anything and it wouldn't be good enough and people will moan

I think you’ll find the majority wanted the manager to be sacked. I did since Cheltenham at home. But Flitcroft also needs to go. The communication from Carol came after a long period of radio silence and was unbelievably one sided. Not sure how feeding homeless is remotely relevant and yes us being a football club we should be focussing on footballing matters. Agree on the tickets can’t see any negative to this. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

Thought you were taking leave of absence for 6 months...Stand not upon the order of your going but go..

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I think you’ll find the majority wanted the manager to be sacked. I did since Cheltenham at home. But Flitcroft also needs to go. The communication from Carol came after a long period of radio silence and was unbelievably one sided. Not sure how feeding homeless is remotely relevant and yes us being a football club we should be focussing on footballing matters. Agree on the tickets can’t see any negative to this. 

Do you not think sacking them both at the same time would be a bit silly?

Feeding the homeless is relevant because I have seen and heard a number of vale fans mention that carol shouldn't be feeding the homeless if we aren't playing well. 

If that's her opinion would you rather her just lie?

On 22/02/2024 at 14:09, robf said:

I do think social media comes ahead of the Vale website for the club.

We've apparently still got David Dunn and Carlo Nash as coaches according to the official site. 

WWW.PORT-VALE.CO.UK

While, we seem to still have Tommy McDermott despite him being sold to Burnley and have addressed our striker crisis by employing two Ryan Lofts:

WWW.PORT-VALE.CO.UK

:laugh:

Matt Hancock says the club are building a new website, plus an app

25 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Matt Hancock says the club are building a new website, plus an app

Be interesting to see how much they "go it alone". The EFL websites are generally uniform because as I understand it, all but a handful of clubs are part of the EFL digital consortium. 

That consortium has a common website platform and a common live stream provider (iFollow). 

In terms of websites, there seems to be a variety of design options but essentially they are all the same and managed by the same provider. You can understand that from the perspective of iFollow - it would otherwise be a total nightmare to add that streaming/payment system website by website rather than it appearing on a network. 

If Vale go it totally alone, I would imagine they will either have to have a bespoke IFollow section or perhaps have have part as a separate website. 

However, I wonder by website/app they are talking more about the shop/ticketing side of things than the news/information website. A new shop website and app to tie in with a potential total revamp of the "loyalty" scheme would, to me, make more sense then a completely new official website. 

For me, the official website is OK as long as it's updated regularly.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, robf said:

Be interesting to see how much they "go it alone". The EFL websites are generally uniform because as I understand it, all but a handful of clubs are part of the EFL digital consortium. 

That consortium has a common website platform and a common live stream provider (iFollow). 

In terms of websites, there seems to be a variety of design options but essentially they are all the same and managed by the same provider. You can understand that from the perspective of iFollow - it would otherwise be a total nightmare to add that streaming/payment system website by website rather than it appearing on a network. 

If Vale go it totally alone, I would imagine they will either have to have a bespoke IFollow section or perhaps have have part as a separate website. 

However, I wonder by website/app they are talking more about the shop/ticketing side of things than the news/information website. A new shop website and app to tie in with a potential total revamp of the "loyalty" scheme would, to me, make more sense then a completely new official website. 

For me, the official website is OK as long as it's updated regularly.

iFollow will be gone wont it? Next season is the new Sky Deal so all midweek games on Sky and 5 out of 24 Saturday fixtures in L1 and L2 on TV (Saturday Lunch most likely).

Around 16 games a season for each L1 and 2 club will be on sky in the league plus every Carabao Cup and BSM Trophy match.

10 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

iFollow will be gone wont it? Next season is the new Sky Deal so all midweek games on Sky and 5 out of 24 Saturday fixtures in L1 and L2 on TV (Saturday Lunch most likely).

Around 16 games a season for each L1 and 2 club will be on sky in the league plus every Carabao Cup and BSM Trophy match.

Ah right  but I think EFL Digital still stays - where all the EFL clubs are a consortium to make it easier for them by having a single platform for all the websites - unless that is going too?

1 minute ago, robf said:

Ah right  but I think EFL Digital still stays - where all the EFL clubs are a consortium to make it easier for them by having a single platform for all the websites - unless that is going too?

I am not sure, but not all clubs use the ifollow as their base currently I believe so some may be off that, Accrington for example.