onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who do you get rid of?

Granville

19 hours ago, Wrex said:

Seems to be doing well at Stockport. I've no issues with him staying but we need to make room for new signings and there's only four blokes we can release. I'm sure Flicker can work his magic and flog some of them off to unsuspecting buyers. Then as Ray said we have to watch out for Ripley and Garrity being poached by League One clubs

Seriously expect to sell the duffers/crocks?. They will be free transfers to the national league.

Advert

18 hours ago, MiddleportValiant said:

Ripley 

Leutwiler as he is a back up keeper and not seen too much 

Garrity

Ojo

Mitch Clark

Plant

Chislett

They are the only players, including the youngsters I'd keep. Everyone else this season isn't worth keeping some aren't even worthy of wearing the shirt.

Let’s have it right Mitch Clark has hardly played all season so his wages have been a big waste. When he did play which hasn’t been a lot he’s been bang average 

4 hours ago, JS Valiant said:

They lost 3-1 at home to Crewe, lost 4-0 at Tranmere, who have a far better manager in Nigel Adkins than we have had, and drawn 0-0.

It seems Cass has taken the Losing Mentality with him !

You've missed the Grimsby game out where they won and he scored .

2 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Stoke have just sacked their version of Flickers

Could be the kind of knee jerk reaction that most on here are advocating. That decision on its own would not keep them up or conversely relegate them. That's down to the 11 crossing the white line.

4 hours ago, Emile said:

Assuming we can stay in this league;

Get rid of the players out of contract - Massey, Wilson, Uche and Cass.

Offer Leutwiler another year as we aren't going to get better that is happy to sit on the bench

Transfer list - Grant, Loft, Sang, Jones, Yak

Even if you can't get rid of any of these we would still need;

1x LB
1x CB (replacing Kacper)

2x Midfielders (replacing gore and weir)

2 or 3 wide midfielders (1 to replace Mighton)

4, yes 4, strikers! 

I agree with you Emile on the out of contract players except Leutwiller. I would be looking at a development keeper under 24 to sit on the bench and play JPT games.

I would also keep Sang. He’s still a developing player, give him a position in the team I think he has the ability to be a good L1 player.

Yak’s struggled post injury but I still think he could improve and make a decent CB in a back 4.

4 minutes ago, MBE said:

I agree with you Emile on the out of contract players except Leutwiller. I would be looking at a development keeper under 24 to sit on the bench and play JPT games.

I would also keep Sang. He’s still a developing player, give him a position in the team I think he has the ability to be a good L1 player.

Yak’s struggled post injury but I still think he could improve and make a decent CB in a back 4.

Wilson, ikpaezo sell loft as he just isn’t good enough Cass is on loan so I’d keep him get rid of’ one game Massey sell jones who is awful  and a descent left back

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

I’d keep Ripley, Debrah, try & sign Polata ( signed a new contract at Barnsley ) so doubtful, Plant, Garrity, Chislet, Walters & Shorrock. The rest can go for me 

Ojo? 

33 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

Could be the kind of knee jerk reaction that most on here are advocating. That decision on its own would not keep them up or conversely relegate them. That's down to the 11 crossing the white line.

No it won't, but I wouldn't imagine Ricky Martin's dismissal is for that reason.

The reason he has gone is, from what I have read is he signed 23 players in the summer and (according to an article on the Sentinel where they polled the Stoke fans) only three were any good. I would argue that he's been dismissed so they don't repeat the same transfer mistakes in the summer.

They are going to do a "thorough recruitment process" so doing it now allows them time to get someone in, get to grips and plan for next summer, rather than doing it in the summer when a new person would have no time to plan and have to come in and instantly get to work. 

Making the same mistakes every window is a bit silly. Anyone know any other clubs where that continually happens?

If we go down there is no way Garrity, Chislett or Ripley will be staying. 

i would get rid of whoever is telling Carol we can get a quality striker for £3k a week in league 1.  We are one of the worst payers in the league, and consequently one of the worst teams. 

6 minutes ago, robf said:

No it won't, but I wouldn't imagine Ricky Martin's dismissal is for that reason.

The reason he has gone is, from what I have read is he signed 23 players in the summer and (according to an article on the Sentinel where they polled the Stoke fans) only three were any good. I would argue that he's been dismissed so they don't repeat the same transfer mistakes in the summer.

They are going to do a "thorough recruitment process" so doing it now allows them time to get someone in, get to grips and plan for next summer, rather than doing it in the summer when a new person would have no time to plan and have to come in and instantly get to work. 

Making the same mistakes every window is a bit silly. Anyone know any other clubs where that continually happens?

Sounds very familiar 😆

53 minutes ago, robf said:

As I said in connection with the Crosby decision, the player choice is down to the manager. They might as well install a turnstile at the main entrance at the Incinerator the number of managers they've got through, none of them doing what the Board or fans wanted. I'm not sure about the current incumbent either.

2 hours ago, robf said:

I do think there are two options which could work both for Carol and the fans.

1) If DF is doing a grand job with infrastructure and planning then keep him, but make that his job - "Head of Football Development" or such like. Take away recruitment and the coaching staff and make them the responsibility of the manager. If you're worried about any embarrassment by effectively demoting him (or admitting errors) you can always make it "due to other commitments David's remit has had to change" or such like...

2) I wonder if the worry from the club is that removing DF stops the long-term vision (and all the money/time invested in it)? But it doesn't have to. If they want to continue with the exact same model of Dof then surely there's no reason why a replacement, with better ability in the transfer windows, could not come in and continue the work that has been set up. (note: Ricky Martin need not apply!)

However, the current option - do nothing and not acknowledge any failures doesn't seem to be the right choice as far as I am concerned.

I guess it may be that the club wait till the summer to make any changes (if any). 

This is so true and I suspect it may happen. Carol just will not get rid of Flitcroft, but the financial reality will sink in when fans stay away.

This would be a fair compromise.

Has Flitcroft done an amazing job getting facilities built for the best price, getting the best staff in roles behind the scenes? I don't know, but I know he has done a poor job of squad building. Removing him from any first-team recruitment, making it clear it's all on Darren and whoever else is part of recruitment, would hopefully keep from staying away.

Archived