onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lincoln City (H) match thread - 24th Feb

robf

7 hours ago, Mellor! said:

If he goes now it galvanises the fan base for a final push to stay up. Nothing else will do that. It will stay toxic as long as he's here because we will not progress on the pitch.

We are down regardless. The squad has  proven over the last 12 months, it’s not of L1 standard and we will be deservedly relegated in a few weeks time. 
Personally, I think the owners need to now rethink the whole structure at the club and plan for next season. It could take a couple of years to sort this mess out given the number of contracted players we have.

Advert

10 hours ago, Vtid said:

Darren says the first goal was a bizarre goal. I can think of better words to use than that! I thought he was a tough character who won’t take any nonsense. Far too much of a nice guy I’m sorry nice guys won’t cut it. The whole club is full of ‘ nice guys ‘ 

As much as we look for scapegoats he didn't say that. He said " it was decided by two bizaar moments, that was probably more self inflicting than anything". At that moment he may not have seen replays of the incidents that led to the goals. So fair dues on his comments there.

Yes he does seem nice, right now we need a Micky Adams or some old school scottish psycho type nutter.

10 hours ago, Doha said:

No exaggeration, that may well be the very worst goal we've ever conceded. Can anyone think of any that are worse?

I spoke about this last night, Dean Glover's 35-40 yard OG over Mark Grew V Ipswich I think was horrendous, well, come to think of it, it was absolute pure quality. So yeah, naah, can't think of a more atrocious giveaway in 36 years.

2 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

As much as we look for scapegoats he didn't say that. He said " it was decided by two bizaar moments, that was probably more self inflicting than anything". At that moment he may not have seen replays of the incidents that led to the goals. So fair dues on his comments there.

Yes he does seem nice, right now we need a Micky Adams or some old school scottish psycho type nutter.

Ok he called them two bizarre moments & later on says the first goal is a bizarre incident. I don’t quite understand the point your trying to make there. Either way it’s horrific from Jones & smith. By using the word bizarre it’s sugar coating it at its best. Excuses I’m sick of it I’ve been hearing them all season 

8 hours ago, MBE said:

In the dressing room mate 100% it’s different. Probably good cop bad cop going on with back room team.I understand where you coming from though because the culture is too nice.

Last thing we DM to do  do a ‘Troy Deeney’ 😂😂

If nothing changes then nothing changes unfortunately. Doesn’t have to be quite as vocal as Troy deeney mate but it would be nice to see some anger & more passion in these interviews. As I’ve said previously you could see Crosby was animated towards the end & expressed it a little before he was sacked I’m not seeing that from Darren. It’s far too passive for me mate & I very much doubt he’s giving them a good bollocking in the dressing room either 

9 hours ago, PVFC FAN said:

Your so negative its unbelievable. He needs to be as positive as possible for his team to succeed. 

I’m not being negative I’m being realistic & saying what I’m seeing with my two eyes lad. The most successful manager in history wasn’t a positive talker or arm around the shoulder type of guy in Ferguson. He was ruthless even if they won trophies he would still find something to demand more from his players. Was never happy & nobody can take away his success 

Anyone thinking there has been an improvement must be trying to make themselves feel better. It was dross. Lincoln were at a canter. Yeah we gave them a goal, but that just meant they didn’t need to go up a gear. They were clearly a better team. Better organised. And seemed to have a coherent way of playing. 

I want to be positive but I can’t as I believe that squad has thrown there dummies out at Crosby being sacked and Flitcroft further fooked them off with the window . What I am seeing is players looking not to get  injured so they can work a move else where . Only ones who put effort in Ripley, Ben , Loft and Sang . I say this with a heavy heart bar 4 mentioned we have recruited a team of cowards .

My analysis of that match:

Lincoln bang average L1 team. 

Looked a boring 0 0 draw type of game with very little quality from either team.

They looked more organised than us, harder working, sharper, faster, stronger, clearly wanted it more than us all over the pitch. (without being remotely impressive in any way)

NS, probably the most ridiculous, inept moment I've ever seen from a Port Vale player in the 40 odd years that I've been going. 

We're cast adrift now in the relegation zone and need to win our "games in hand" just to stay in touch with the other teams. 

Ripley, Ojo and Garrity are currently our only players capable of playing at this level.

Positives:

I can't think of any this morning. I'll be surprised if we score again this season, let alone win a match! 

Down to CS now to focus on repairing the damage that her Open Letter has done in order to convince ST holders to renew come May. 

UTV!

11 hours ago, NW9Valiant said:

Love the positivity but fact remains we need goals. It's increasingly difficult to see where that comes from, because I can't remember the last time we scored from open play.

I thought Darren Moore had solved many issues with the team yesterday. The team blew his head off with some gross mistakes that gifted Lincoln the game. I can see we have problems in central midfield which is patched up with Lowe there and I am wondering whether Ojo can get back to the player he was after coming back. Jones has talent but needs emergency training on correct play at left back on Monday. We need Chislett to do his dribbles in the opposition half and show better judgement with ball retention. We desperately need to get Garrity as more of a threat to help out Wilson. My problem with Wilson is he's not a target man and the ball doesn't stick either because he gets tackled or he tries a trick that doesn't work. Once or twice a game he shows his class, but it's not enough. Darren Moore needs to get him more effective. 

Some players in the team are desperately short of confidence and feeling the expectation / frustration of the crowd. This can only be solved by winning a game - Tuesday. But we are not a bad side and can fight to stay up if we can get a win. It is possible to see immediately that Moore is a far better manager than Crosby. I like him as well as he stays calm and respectful in difficult times. 

And so I come to Loft! I want to accumulate the max number of adverse comments possible here. Whether to play him on Tuesday or not depends on what Exeter are like for me. He is OK on the ball, probably not an L1 player. But he most definitely is a L1 player with his strength, physicality and speed. Moore needs to get a tune out of him. So when I watch the stats in games it is Loft putting it about and giving cheap fouls away and he's doing this when the opposition have the ball and are trying to counter attack. He gets away with loads more stuff than other players do. My problem with him is not scoring goals and it's the same as the other forwards - too much outside the box, not enough in the box. 

So Darren Moore has a lot to sort out. It's fair to say the future of the club hangs on him being able to do so. I hope he can and we somehow need to keep faith. 

I don't think the players are not trying, they are mentally broken and unable to function. Whether a win can put that right is questionable, but the longer it takes to arrive the worse it is going to get. That's why the build up play is ponderous they are trying to be perfect and not acting on instinct. 

4 minutes ago, jasmart02 said:

I don't think the players are not trying, they are mentally broken and unable to function. Whether a win can put that right is questionable, but the longer it takes to arrive the worse it is going to get. That's why the build up play is ponderous they are trying to be perfect and not acting on instinct. 

You could say exactly the same for the fans 😄

Archived