onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Flitcroft simple vote...

Aguar61

Advert

7 hours ago, MagicFlask said:

Of course it’s a simple answer if you’re a total idiot. 
I’m giving up on this forum - it’s a toxic echo chamber taken over by a bunch of people who are so full of themselves and their own opinions- they don’t see the damage they are causing or recognise what they are wishing for- listening to the garbage on here I think at least half of you would rather that Vale had gone into administration back then so you could have something more to  moan about- it’s pathetic. 
I don’t know what planet you are living on - you’re never happy with anything and you’re always looking for someone to blame for everything that goes wrong. 
we are where we are and we need to pull together to make it better. 
It’s possibly the most depressing experience anyone who is a genuine vale fan could have - I was hoping for some reasonable discussion about the club and how best to support it but all I hear is outpourings of bile and criticism - sometimes I think you don’t deserve the club - if you’re all so brilliant how come you’re not owners or managers ? 
If we get relegated- and it’s still an if - we will still have a club to support, and I will still be supporting them. 
as for you, frankly, you can say or do whatever you like but don’t dare to claim you speak for anyone other than yourselves. 

You paint as all out like we are the only set of fans that say the thing we say. Look across any fans forums for any clubs. I gurentee there will be threads like this on every single one of them. Are we not allowed to show emotion about what we are seeing infront of us. Do we just have to accept being dire? I respect that not every fan thinks the same way. And your view maybe different to mine however why cant i show my displeasure about whats going on.  Going on don't deserve the club. 

4 hours ago, Aguar61 said:

It serves the purpose of giving a voice to those of us who are not won over by an open letter and a self serving, self excusing attempt to tell us what to think. This is a football club not a football business. The fans, the people, they should be the concern for the owner, not a self pitying egomaniac head burying mini Machiavellian 

Why now though?  Why not wait until relegation or survival is assured?  It’s patently obvious what the general feeling is.  If Flitcroft walks out tomorrow it won’t help the team survive.  There are fans on here who are self pitying egomaniacs, hence this ill timed vote.

4 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Why would it effect the team trying to stay up?

That’s not an answer to my question.  It’s an attempt to evade the question.  I’ll try again, how does your vote help the team stay in this division?  Which right now is far more important than the position of the DoF.

5 hours ago, Dr Delgado said:

Here’s a question, if a large proportion of our fan base have begun to lose faith and belief in our Director of Football and view him as some sort of charlatan then quite probably a proportion of the playing squad may feel the same way?

If the players lose faith then it may well affect their morale and ultimately what they produce on the pitch. In that sense there may well be some merit in doing all that we can to oust Flitcroft from his post.

whilst Tom Pope’s post exit diatribe could have been articulated a little better, I think he was trying his best to explain what he believed Flitcroft to be and what he would do to the club. 

I feel like I am part of a family where a younger sister has fallen for a rogue and no amount of pleading or evidence presented can change her mind, she loves him no matter what. We all know how it will unfold but until she see’s it through there’s nowt we can do other than be there for her when the wheel comes off.

What on earth did that buffoon think would happen when he failed to recruit the players he himself had pointed out that we needed. What did he think was gong to keep us in League 1, the ghost of George Andrews ?

They don’t have to have faith in Flitcroft, they have to have faith in Darren Moore and his coaching staff plus ultimately each other.  Probably more than anything they need the full backing of the fans.

No. His shelf life is over. Time to go.

Reasons....

<ovf censored> boring football tactics

Minimal amount of pre season friendlies meaning we go into the season unprepared

Stupid jolly to Spain each year which could pay for a striker.

Four disastrous windows with no decent striker. Only cast offs from the scrap heap. 

Replacing a manager who three in 21 with a manager who has won 3 in 23, sorry, 25 now.

Not signing players because the computer says 'No'.

I would love a Lee Hughes, Tom Pope, Tommy Fraser type player right now. Instead we are signing complete and utter duffers.

Amazingly, we have managed to sign players so Shyte that Massey is no longer a scapegoats and he is biggest pile of cow dollop I have seen in a long time.

9 hours ago, lydiatevaliant said:

Is that the same non-interfering DoF who then talked about how he had a word with Crosby about certain players being higher up the pitch?

There's a difference between interfering and offering advice, particularly if an inexperienced manager is asking for it. Its called mentoring.

If clowns want to start online polls when we’re deep in a relegation dog fight why not ask what will help most to preserve our League 1 status, fans in full voice singing “Darren Moores Black ‘n’ White Army””, or, “David Flitcroft Get Out Of Our Club”?  Backing the new manager and team unequivocally, or starting disruptive protests?  Straight answer, A or B.  And what I would say to the blinkered few, you’ve got the rest of your lives to protest about David Flitcroft but only a few months until the end of this season to back Darren Moore and the boys in the fight to stay in this division.

12 hours ago, Dr Delgado said:

I’m not saying that I would sign a petition, I was posing a question or two, admittedly with a slight bias. I’m pretty sure it would have been the director of fluffball that sacked both Darrell Clarke and Andy Crosby and as such players will have an opinion. Furthermore if the so called “busiest man at the club” isn’t interacting with players then it must just be campus duties he is seeing to. 
As a fan I feel short changed and a bit duped, I’m not buying the future vision of kindergarten FC, developing short stayers to make the board richer. 
I don’t want Arblaster’s or Devines, I want Bernie Slaven’s and Ron Fuchers and maybe the odd Bill Bentley.

I do love Garrity though, thanks DF.

I think your characterization of the club is a little unfair.

I posted our squad profile on another Flitcroft thread earlier this week.

Our squad consists of:

Under 23 players gaining experience             6 (Debrah, Lopata, Gore, Weir, Mighten, Plant)

23 - 26 players who should be developing     5 (Iacovitti Clarke, Sang, Chislett, Loft)

27 - 30   players who should be in prime       6 ( Smith, Jones, Grant, Garrity, Ikpeazu, Wilson)

31+ Players to set standards                           5   ( Ripley, Leutiwiler, Lowe, Ojo, Massey )

The issue here isn't bringing in 2 or 3 loans from PL clubs or even supplementing the squad with our own youth lads the issue is simply DF signing players in their prime and those experienced players are simply not good. 

Ripley, Ojo, Garrity.  Success rate of 3 out of 9 signings is extremely poor.

50 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

If clowns want to start online polls when we’re deep in a relegation dog fight why not ask what will help most to preserve our League 1 status, fans in full voice singing “Darren Moores Black ‘n’ White Army””, or, “David Flitcroft Get Out Of Our Club”?  Backing the new manager and team unequivocally, or starting disruptive protests?  Straight answer, A or B.  And what I would say to the blinkered few, you’ve got the rest of your lives to protest about David Flitcroft but only a few months until the end of this season to back Darren Moore and the boys in the fight to stay in this division.

The irony about this post is that you are the biggest clown on here, by some distance too.

Oh yeah, an online petition of words = not supporting Darren Moore or the team. That's how much of a clown you are

To answer the original question, yes, flitcroft should go.

As regards many of the heated comments, criticism of Carol, flitcroft or indeed anyone else is just that, criticism, not abuse. As Vale fans we pay our money and we are entitled to our opinion(s). Many things have been said out of frustration as well as anger and perhaps after a pause for reflection season tickets will be renewed. As I have said several times, the current team would lose to the promotion team 9 times out of 10, so we have gone backwards, a long way backwards, which is directly due to flitcrofts appalling recruitment. Carol obviously still believes that the sun shines out of flitcrofts bum, hence the toxic disconnect between the club and supporters. If as looks very likely we are relegated, we will have an even smaller budget to work with so cannot realistically see us surging back up. 

I don't think that anything can save us this season, but why would you trust the person who brought this calamity about, to be the one to rescue us?

Stoke City have just sacked their version of Flickers because they have been left with a unbalanced squad, that concedes goals for fun, can not score goals and have been left in a relegation battle.

Why are they doing now and not having a review at the end of the season whilst they are trying to stay in the league?

Sacking him is going to have a detrimental effect on the team on Saturday when they play.

What the hell were Stoke thinking taking that decision now

31 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Stoke City have just sacked their version of Flickers because they have been left with a unbalanced squad, that concedes goals for fun, can not score goals and have been left in a relegation battle.

Why are they doing now and not having a review at the end of the season whilst they are trying to stay in the league?

Sacking him is going to have a detrimental effect on the team on Saturday when they play.

What the hell were Stoke thinking taking that decision now

At least their plight is taking our minds off our own struggles. It would be a shame if they have sacked their DOF because they have tapped up ours to replace him...

15 hours ago, Aguar61 said:

The same minority that voted on here recently for flitcroft to go .... minority of nearly 90% of people who post on here who wanted him gone...mmm !

It wasn't actually 90% of people on here, it was 90% of the people that voted. I want him gone but for balance of opinion i thought i needed to clarify.

Archived