onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Flitcroft simple vote...

Aguar61

4 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

The ship is sinking and the Captain doesn’t have a clue and is totally reliant on the first Lieutenant and has been for sometime, over seeing the ships demise. 
So I’ll say it and get slated by some, they both need to go. However no investor is going to purchase the club as I suspect someone will want an unrealistic price for the club. Said it sometime ago building up the infrastructure, to increase the value of the club. 

She give Smurf his money back can’t see her not wanting hers back 

Advert

10 hours ago, Stockleys_socks said:

Most vale fans are not on social media

Aren't they? I'd say a portion of fans aren't online but "most" is a big claim. I reckon between this forum, Twitter and the Facebook groups there's probably comfortably well over half the fanbase. Just look at the numbers... not everyone is active but this site has 5,750 registered members, the official Twitter account is followed by 90k followers, Unofficial Vale by 5k... I don't use Facebook so no idea what those pages get. The comments on the Valiants newsletter broadly echo those on here. Clearly not all of those numbers are active Vale fans or Vale fans but I reckon it's more likely that we have more Vale fans actively online somewhere than not. 

And erm... that's backed up by the fact the club announce things online... signings, ticket prices, news is all online and the chief medium for doing so is social media via the club's Twitter account. Would there not be masses complaints from the "majority" of fans not on social media about the club announcing things on Twitter if that were the case? 

Anyway, even if that's not the case... was it just the "minority" of online Vale fans chanting Flitcroft out at games? Didn't sound like it to me. 

It's impossible to gauge how many actually give a <ovf censored> whether flitcroft stays or not.

I see this site and other online places as like election polls. They are not the complete fanbase but I do think they give a really good indication of the views of the fanbase. Certainly over the years the majority views on here about previous owners, protests and the like have been usually reflected at games. I think OVF is a decent barometer. It's never 100% correct (what is) but the prevailing mood on here is normally there or there abouts. 

I also think the views on here are so clearly massively against the Flitcroft appointment that even if there is some skew, it would take a heck of a change of views between online and offline Valiants to make a difference. After all we're not talking a split vote - all the polls and the like on here say around eight out of ten fans think he should go. That's going take a heck of a swing from offline fans to change the overall view.

42 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think it is highly unlikely, he didn't quit at Bury did he? He is either so arrogant that he thinks it is everyone else's fault or he doesn't know what else to do and pride won't let him admit defeat.

Flitcroft was sacked after a run of 11 games without a win that coincided with a series of injuries to first team players such as Tom Pope, Danny Mayor and Nathan Cameron.[71][72]

2 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Flitcroft was sacked after a run of 11 games without a win that coincided with a series of injuries to first team players such as Tom Pope, Danny Mayor and Nathan Cameron.[71][72]

If what I witnessed last night is anything to go by then DF and the owners have a lot to answer for. I've had enough for sure. Poor, very poor.

27 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

She give Smurf his money back can’t see her not wanting hers back 

PV, I understand that and that’s what anyone investing into a business would want and I wouldn’t want her to lose money because of what she did for the club initially. Unfortunately investors invest in businesses when they’re either on their backsides or the incumbent leader can’t afford to carry on. They won’t pay the market price because that’s the way of the world. Carol has distanced herself from the fans roughly about the time she coined the phrase ‘championship ready’ and ppl started to question the statement. Does anyone recognise our owner today as the one who took over the club.? How much would it have cost to have made the RP toilets serviceable, the roof collapsed probably because someone decided to pull down and side brick walls inside the original toilets. 
She’s obviously a successful business woman in her own sphere but that doesn’t transfer into running a football club. Synetics will continue to be a successful business as it’s got quite a few big contracts, with big companies. 

Finances will be tight, a team like Sjoke can spend millions on infrastructure or repairs and still have plenty for the squad. Obviously within FFP restrictions.

Our new pitch and other stuff eats into our limited spending power.

DF has a budget, but he seems poor at using it wisely. 

Like for like players are worse and on more money, the square pegs we have ( sometimes injurees, suspensions, gives you no choice).

Pity DM cannot give us a list of the players he would keep.

I have two friends both ST holders and last season one had five ST’s for his family, the other one spends lots of money following Vale home and away. They’ve both followed Vale for over forty years and do voice their opinion regarding a poor performance but are mainly quite positive about PVFC.

I was surprised when one told me that on 24/1/24 he placed a £50 bet on Vale to be relegated @20/1. Before last nights game cash out was £349, the other friend places bets for Vale to lose in the second half. To coin one of their phrases, ‘it’s a licence to print money’. 

6 minutes ago, ginginator said:

Finances will be tight, a team like Sjoke can spend millions on infrastructure or repairs and still have plenty for the squad. Obviously within FFP restrictions.

Like for like players are worse and on more money, the square pegs we have ( sometimes injurees, suspensions, gives you no choice).

Possibly Ripley, Garrity, Chiz and Ojo.? Anyone else would be either they’ve got long contracts or we'd have to pay someone more than what we’re paying, the others now. From the initial four mentioned I believe we’d sell them if there was any sort of bid irrelevant of contract situation.

15 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

PV, I understand that and that’s what anyone investing into a business would want and I wouldn’t want her to lose money because of what she did for the club initially. Unfortunately investors invest in businesses when they’re either on their backsides or the incumbent leader can’t afford to carry on. They won’t pay the market price because that’s the way of the world. Carol has distanced herself from the fans roughly about the time she coined the phrase ‘championship ready’ and ppl started to question the statement. Does anyone recognise our owner today as the one who took over the club.? How much would it have cost to have made the RP toilets serviceable, the roof collapsed probably because someone decided to pull down and side brick walls inside the original toilets. 
She’s obviously a successful business woman in her own sphere but that doesn’t transfer into running a football club. Synetics will continue to be a successful business as it’s got quite a few big contracts, with big companies. 

I certainly didn't feel distant from the owner when she talked of getting "Championship ready". I found it refreshing that someone wanted to think bigger and stop being little Port Vale. As has been explained countless times, the talk of being Championship ready was simply focusing on how the club could and would look if we were serious about one day getting there. To me it speaks volumes about so many Vale fans that, rather than be enthused by the ambition they would rather belittle it and use it for years afterwards as a way of ridiculing the owner.

I certainly think money has been spent in the wrong areas and CS is a different person from 2 years ago - but then I think I would be if I got the abuse and disrespect she's had.    

4 minutes ago, smithie said:

I certainly didn't feel distant from the owner when she talked of getting "Championship ready". I found it refreshing that someone wanted to think bigger and stop being little Port Vale. As has been explained countless times, the talk of being Championship ready was simply focusing on how the club could and would look if we were serious about one day getting there. To me it speaks volumes about so many Vale fans that, rather than be enthused by the ambition they would rather belittle it and use it for years afterwards as a way of ridiculing the owner.

I certainly think money has been spent in the wrong areas and CS is a different person from 2 years ago - but then I think I would be if I got the abuse and disrespect she's had.    

Smithie, if I come over as showing disrespect, then I’ll have to respect your opinion. No one deserves abuse but unfortunately in life that will happen in some quarters. As I’ve said two friends Vale through and through betting against the club, something that I’m sure they’d have never seen themselves doing. The relationship isn’t working and hasn’t been for sometime. I know football fans moan about anything and are the most ficklest of characters. However nothing is changing even though we’ve been in trouble by tumbling down the table since November. Talk is cheap, I’d rather have 2 pounds of action than 14 stone of promises.

New stadium needed years ago funded with the council. That has passed.

I want Flitcroft gone because he talks the the talk but has not walked the walked for 18 months, which is more than likely going to result in relegation. A poor managerial appointment then he failed to act until 3 weeks ago but more damning is the squad.

Using  TransferMarket data we have 22 squad players exluding Walters,Shorrock & Dipepea.

4 players have over 100 appearances at this level  (Ripley Grant, Ojo, Massey)

1 attacking player in the squad has over 10 career goals at L1 level (Massey).

Both Weir and Garrity have better goals per game ratios than our best attacking player at L1 level ( Ikpeazu 1:7 )

Age profile of the squad

Under 23 players gaining experience             6 (Debrah, Lopata, Gore, Weir, Mighten, Plant)

23 - 26 players who should be developing     5 (Iacovitti Clarke, Sang, Chislett, Loft)

27 - 30   players who should be in prime       6 ( Smith, Jones, Grant, Garrity, Ikpeazu, Wilson)

31+ Players to set standards                           5   ( Ripley, Leutiwiler, Lowe, Ojo, Massey )

Identifying young players we have done a good job in this area especially if you factor in Ollie and Alfie in the 1st part of the season. Developing players well you have give them time to develop but it looks hit and miss so far. Clarke and Chis look decent, jury very much out on Sang but Yak and Loft look a big miss.

However If you look at the core players we should be relying on, players in their prime and senior players we simply haven't recruited good enough which is why we have struggled for 18 months in L1. We have 9 players (exl Leutwiler as backup and Smith as not a DoF signing) should be the backbone of the team yet how many of these lads can you rely on?  Ripley, Ojo, Garrity 

3 OUT OF 9 players signed by the DoF is not good enough and this is where recruitment has categorically failed.

Jones - L2 player with injury issues. I'm still amazed we gave an injury plagued player with very little scope for improvement a 2 year deal.

Grant - DoF has got this one seriously wrong both from a playing position point of view and playing character. 

Ikpeazu- Understand why the signing was made, unfortunate for his injury. Would make a big difference to the team especially how we played yesterday.

Wilson - DoF got this right not renewing then wrong. He's the same player as Grant to me. Technically decent but weak physically, goes missing and is scared of being tackled.

Lowe - L2 player. He is not a L1 standard player in any position.He was a squad filler but has ended up a 1st teamer which tells you how poor our recruitment has been in defence and midfield.

Massey - Plays well 1 in 6 games. Not good enough from your senior player although I do have some sympathy for him the way we have pissed him about positionally. 

Your recruitment in L1 has been atrocious Dave Flitcroft and thats before you even analyse formation, squad positions CB's,WB's and Strikers.

15 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Smithie, if I come over as showing disrespect, then I’ll have to respect your opinion. No one deserves abuse but unfortunately in life that will happen in some quarters. As I’ve said two friends Vale through and through betting against the club, something that I’m sure they’d have never seen themselves doing. The relationship isn’t working and hasn’t been for sometime. I know football fans moan about anything and are the most ficklest of characters. However nothing is changing even though we’ve been in trouble by tumbling down the table since November. Talk is cheap, I’d rather have 2 pounds of action than 14 stone of promises.

I can't imagine betting on your own team to lose but that's probably just me.

Anyway we're at the stage now where the ONLY thing that matters is staying out of the bottom 4.  We simply don't have time or headspace as a club for recriminations, in-fighting or anything else. That can wait. ALL that matters right now is staying up.      

Archived