onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

12 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Doesn't protect the back 4? Back 3 mate. Ojo is pretty good no one can deny that. A disgrace to the club? Were you this vocal when we almost got relegated to NL. 

I'm just happy flitcroft has a plan. I don't care if it take 5 years to build a squad and go to the championship. He has a plan to develop the club in all areas. Rather have that than what we were doing before.

Mate all respect this so called 5 year plan does not involve relegation. 

Absolutely no divine right to coming straight back up . 

We are still League one as it stands. If we go down as looks likely then the position of DF is untenable. He is responsible for transfers and has failed massively. 

Folk rightly bang on about Arblaster and Devine but even with them we were sinking.

The awful signings of Loft, Williams from Liverpool and offering deals to Jones are the legacy Flitcroft leaves from this season. Disgraceful. 

Advert

5 minutes ago, Granville said:

Because we actually have no full backs at the club either. The nearest we have is Mitch Clark. If we switched to four at the back we'd end up with Lowe or Sang at right back and Grant or (God help us) Jones at left back.

Shorrock is a winger converted into a wing back. All our other "wing backs" are wingers or midfielders.

Its actually hilarious that Flitcroft has tried to say our recruitment has been good but failed to address that we play this system without having half the players capable of actually doing it!

Can’t believe people think a back 4 is the answer when we don’t even have full backs. The recruitments a mess. We could (should) have gone out in jan and brought in a left and right back to give us more options IMO. 

Reading v Port Vale

Port Vale v Lincoln

Port Vale v Fleetwood

Derby v Port Vale

Port Vale v Shrewsbury 

Leyton Orient v Port Vale

Port Vale v Oxford

Burton v Port Vale

Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Northampton Town v Port Vale

Wigan v Port Vale

Port Vale v Exeter

Bolton v Port Vale

Port Vale v Cambridge

Peterborough v Port Vale

We need. 5 or 6 wins out of that lot plus maybe a couple of draws and then we need teams above us not to have that same kind of win ratio too

2 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Can’t believe people think a back 4 is the answer when we don’t even have full backs. The recruitments a mess. We could (should) have gone out in jan and brought in a left and right back to give us more options IMO. 

We all know recruitment this season has mainly failed either way we finished stronger playing 442 

That might have been due to Walters coming on the lad who I can only assume Crosby stopped picking because he would not sign a contract 

7 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Reading v Port Vale

Port Vale v Lincoln

Port Vale v Fleetwood

Derby v Port Vale

Port Vale v Shrewsbury 

Port Vale v Oxford

Burton v Port Vale

Wigan v Port Vale

Port Vale v Exeter

Bolton v Port Vale

Port Vale v Cambridge

Peterborough v Port Vale

We need. 5 or 6 wins out of that lot plus maybe a couple of draws and then we need teams above us not to have that same kind of win ratio too

Home games in that list are MASSIVE & all winnable! But we have a team who are so short on confidence & have been worse at home than away. It’s a worry, can’t see a point from our next 3 away games. Maybe burton we can get something but if we are to miraculously stay up we have to win 5 of our last 7 home games. Big ask! 

24 minutes ago, Granville said:

Port Vale Football Club existed before the current regime, its something Carol and Flitcroft seem to have forgotten. There are different ways to do things, and in our case, maybe it'd be wise to try something different rather than hurtle headlong towards relegation because Flitcroft has introduced "a football plan" that clearly hasn't been working for just over 12 months.

Well the years before flitcroft got dof weren't we spending money on the squad neglecting everything else? We would have a good run and then have no money and start over from league 2. Eventually we would go into administration. We did that for 20 odd years. I m sticking with df. What he has said has made sence. Lots of different areas of the club have come on massively. The academy used to be like playing Sunday league football with Sunday league facilities. Just one example. Look at the ground and pitch how much better they are. Now I know we need good players on the pitch but we aren't like other teams in League 1. The other teams have brand new or at least half decent training ground, academy, ground and etc. So they can put more money towards there squads while also making more profits from selling young talents or oatcakes in there fan zone etc. It didn't help just spending money on the first team for 20 years now did it? Because now we have to build up the things we neglected. Or we could do what some vale fans want and neglect everything other than the first team and not get any further than league 1.

All we had done before flitcroft took over as dof was invest in the first team. Dont get me wrong I would like that very much at the minute but at the time we didn't invest in anything off the pitch. We would invest in the first team and only go from league 2 to league 1 and then back to league 2 and then go into administration because are club wasn't financially stable not making and profits. If we want to go to the championship we need to spend of the pitch so we will be stable when we get up there.  it definitely risks are league 1 status but it's a risk we have to take now. We went into league 1 2 years early taking money away from all the different projects meaning we couldn't spend as much on the 1st team and all the stuf off the pitch (I'm guessing).

The club needs a complete rebuild in some areas and so far it has gone pretty well.

We can't repeat neglecting off the pitch or we will fail like we had for 20 years.

Or is that what people want? Honestly I don't know

This is a modern game meaning all the modern thing are essential.

20 years ago you could just about get away with only spending on your first team. This is 20 years later.

6 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

We all know recruitment this season has mainly failed either way we finished stronger playing 442 

That might have been due to Walters coming on the lad who I can only assume Crosby stopped picking because he would not sign a contract 

Yes we did but having to play that formation when we are chasing a game and naturally going for it a bit more is different to starting with it. I think that as we have no natural fullbacks it will get exploited by teams. 

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

Yes we did but having to play that formation when we are chasing a game and naturally going for it a bit more is different to starting with it. I think that as we have no natural fullbacks it will get exploited by teams. 

We start with wing backs and we don’t really have any of them 

Suprised sang never got on he made a difference on the right against Stevenage 

13 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Reading v Port Vale

Port Vale v Lincoln

Port Vale v Fleetwood

Derby v Port Vale

Port Vale v Shrewsbury 

Port Vale v Oxford

Burton v Port Vale

Wigan v Port Vale

Port Vale v Exeter

Bolton v Port Vale

Port Vale v Cambridge

Peterborough v Port Vale

1) Reading - LOSE

2) Lincoln - DRAW

3) Fleetwood - WIN

4) Derby - LOSE

5) Shrews - DRAW

6) Orient - LOSE

7) Oxford - WIN

😎 Burton - DRAW

9) Brizzle - LOSE

10) Northampton - LOSE

11) Wigan - LOSE

12) Exeter - WIN

13) Bolton - LOSE

14) Cambridge - WIN

15) Posh - LOSE

Realistically that’s 15 points…. not enough 😞 

31 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Mate all respect this so called 5 year plan does not involve relegation. 

Absolutely no divine right to coming straight back up . 

We are still League one as it stands. If we go down as looks likely then the position of DF is untenable. He is responsible for transfers and has failed massively. 

Folk rightly bang on about Arblaster and Devine but even with them we were sinking.

The awful signings of Loft, Williams from Liverpool and offering deals to Jones are the legacy Flitcroft leaves from this season. Disgraceful. 

Unfortunately it isn't. CS has very publicly and very fimrly set her stall out and can't go back on it now.

Flitcroft over fans.

13 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Look at the ground and pitch how much better they are. 

Youve obviously never seen the bycars toilets, or the facilities behind it outside in the bad weather. Or the railway toilets, flooded most games, no hot water, where you can’t swing a cat in there for 3000 fans then had queue up in the pouring rain at a small tea bar have you. You’re deluded. Get it right on the pitch firstly. Something which we haven’t done for two seasons. I’d love to know which staff member you are but I’d imagine all of you think the same anyway. That’s why we’re in this mess. 

4 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Youve obviously never seen the bycars toilets, or the facilities behind it outside in the bad weather. Or the railway toilets, flooded most games, no hot water, where you can’t swing a cat in there for 3000 fans then had queue up in the pouring rain at a small tea bar have you. You’re deluded. Get it right on the pitch firstly. Something which we haven’t done for two seasons. I’d love to know which staff member you are but I’d imagine all of you think the same anyway. That’s why we’re in this mess. 

Thanks mate. Shows why we are investing off the pitch. Proves my point. We have neglected everything off the pitch for 20 odd years. The ground has gotten better like I said. It still need a lot of work though. 5 years ago the ground was <ovf censored> now its better than <ovf censored>.

Archived