onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

6 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

She is so focused on her community work shes forgotten about the most important community to do with port vale. What port vale is built upon... the fans. Our opinions dont matter . 

Sad but true, I think it's this that hurts the most.

• Like 1

Advert

If she’s so interested in the “community” aspects rather than the “buying a striker” aspects, the sad part is that nothing would improve the economy (community) like being in a higher league would. Thousands more people coming into Burslem and spending money in shops and pubs.

Just for the general mood around the place as well. Everything about last night was thoroughly depressing. There’s more to life than football, but please help us to feel good on a Sunday/Wednesday morning 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

She is so focused on her community work shes forgotten about the most important community to do with port vale. What port vale is built upon... the fans. Our opinions dont matter . 

I just cant see her accepting shes put her faith in the wrong person.. and that us fans were right. It goes against her whole narrative.. sadly i think it will be sword she falls on. We were right about Crosby although seeing what im seeing now he was given absolutely zero tools to succeed. The proof is in the pudding regarding fraudcroft. It will be ignored. The good work he has done in her eyes is clouding her judgement. I'll repeat i wish everything flitcroft did was true and worked. I wish the talk matched with the walk howver it is abundantly clear there has been a catalyst of catastrophic mistakes. Someone has to take accountability 

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Bede said:

It's just becoming a farce now, isn't it.  How on earth is he still in post.  How?

Moore can squeeze nothing more out of this squad.  That was us at maximum tonight.  I was a little surprised by the crowd reaction at the end.  That should be directed at one man, not the squad of players.

As you say I actually thought that they gave all they are capable of giving last night so i didn't and wouldn't boo,i didn't clap either,a major problem is we have no winners in this team,look at Fleetwood,down there but never gave up and fought for that point

Now Flitcroft that's another matter,how on earth can what's happening not be seen by those upstairs,it's got even worse since he went full time

I cant wait for Moore to somehow ditch most of this squad and build his own team BUT without any interference from DF,if he isn't going then he needs to keep away from recruitment

Edited by werstayinup
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Bede said:

I didn't say they did.  I just stood shellshocked to be honest.  Didn't boo, didn't clap, just felt dejected.  That was it tonight.  That's us down, and the fans don't seem to have the fight anymore to kick back at the reason why.

Yeh that sums it up correctly 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

As you say I actually thought that they gave all they are capable of giving last night so i didn't and wouldn't boo,i didn't clap either,a major problem is we have no winners in this team,look at Fleetwood,down there but never gave up and fought for that point

Now Flitcroft that's another matter,how on earth can what's happening not be seen by those upstairs,it's got even worse since he went full time

I cant wait for Moore to somehow ditch most of this squad and build his own team BUT without any interference from DF,if he isn't going then he needs to keep away from recruitment

Spot on mate

For what it's worth I dont blame Moore for any of this no matter what happens,he has inherited a squad where the majority are bottle jobs,if they read this(i reckon some do) and they dont agree then go out and prove us wrong.

Yes DM's subs have been baffling but maybe controlled by DF's medical team who knows,as i said earlier he has got to be allowed to build HIS own team before we can really judge. It's just that we are now in a social media dominated world where some fans want managers changed every 3 or 4 defeats,I dread to think what would of happened if it had been around the time Rudgie was struggling before his Macclesfield win...wow

There were some wanting DC ditched after failing to win in his first several games...... hopefully sanity will prevail

16 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Where are the free agents ?? We are so desperate for players why are we just sitting around doing nothing about it? Dont stand infront of us all crying do something bloody about it

Signing elsewhere.

Northampton / Dominic Gape DM/RB 03/02 + Liam Moore RB 13/02

Burton / Toto Nsiala CB 09/02

Peterborough / Vontae Daley-Campbell RB 14/02

Derby / Dwight Gayle ST 19/02

Wycombe / Nathan Shepperd GK 27/02

• Thanks 1

Carol, thank you for saving our Vale from that clown, you said after take over that you nothing about football or running a football club, so you brought in flitcroft  because he did(?) that was your first and biggest mistake. He and his backroom staffs ineptitude at providing new players to keep our club in the highest level we can, has caused 2 good managers to move on, with the present one wishing he'd never had picked the phone up, you've proved that you are good in the business world, and part of that must have been to admit when you had made a mistake, so please do that now and sack him...  he is killing our club. The attendances are falling, regular die hard supporters are losing the will to attend "the match-day experience", because of the dross he's provided...

Its a old saying that the fans are the true custodians of a football club, the players , owners, move on BUT THE FANS STAY PUT... so please get rid of him, so we will still have a club.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Bolton, Wigan, Northampton, Orient, and Derby and Burton...all hard away days if you take each teams form

It's hard to believe Vale have a chance to get out of this. Vale need at least 15 points from the final 18 available home points surely?

That would be five home wins out of the last six?

Edited by Killersrevenge44

14 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

How does Carol come back from this?

1. Very clear, simple message when we go down admitting that serious mistakes were made, that the fans should have been listened to, and lessons have been learned. Make the fans feel heard.

2. Flitcroft sacked ASAP with a new DoF installed before the end of the season ahead of the summer. We can’t trust him anymore, and the DoF needs time to prepare for a crucial summer in which we cannot do a Forest Green. 

Vale do not need a DOF. Just a manager who can manage a club

I think the real problem at the club is the feel of the club meaning the culture has been turned into a resemblance of a soulless corporation.

The orders given from a faceless management to someone who instructs his minions to do something they don't like or can challenge...that is what it must be like for the players

And to prove my point where was Flitcroft when Vale played Orient at home. That tells me there is a disconnect between him and the squad.

And just like employees who feel underpaid and overworked, both fans and players feel that way respectively and the policies and procedures (like in any organisation) rolled on regrdless of the feeling and contempt towards it.

This results in workers who are disconnected, do not feel valued and simply either leave or do enough to earn a wage. The fans are the customers and no appreciation or loyalty shown to them and instead told to wind their nexks in. As someone said, without the fans Port Vale are nothing

Flitcroft and not even Carol Shanahan is Port Vale FC...we are Port Vale FC ...the fans.

We are not a corporation we are a football club. The culture needs to change.

Edited by Killersrevenge44
  • Like 3