David Flitcroft Out

Flitcroft out?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should David Flitcroft go?

• Yes
    • No

Advert

18 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Are you seriously that dim? We had one suite that had private functions throughout the summer months. We now have 2 doing the same. 1+1=2.  2 is twice the amount of 1. The fact I have to explain how doubling our capacity to host summer events gives us double the money making capability for those events is mind boggling. I shouldn't have to add but will just to clarify that the revenue won't be recouped overnight as you seen to expect.

Perhaps a little dim, but also leveraging my first class degree in economics to question your claims. 

Your theory only works if the demand previously outstripped supply. Are you really implying that previously the club were turning away corporate business over the summer months because we didn't have enough function suites? Are you also saying that on multiple occasions this summer we'll have a packed Robbie's on the same day as packed function suite? I struggle to believe that.

Totally get that it brings in an extra £90k/season through extra corporate bums on seats (although a % of that will have been coming into the club as these fans sat in other stands previously) but to suggest that Robbie's will be a major driver of revenue (doubling, in fact) over the summer is far-fetched. 

• Like 3

Perhaps a little dim, but also leveraging my first class degree in economics to question your claims. 
Your theory only works if the demand previously outstripped supply. Are you really implying that previously the club were turning away corporate business over the summer months because we didn't have enough function suites? Are you also saying that on multiple occasions this summer we'll have a packed Robbie's on the same day as packed function suite? I struggle to believe that.
Totally get that it brings in an extra £90k/season through extra corporate bums on seats (although a % of that will have been coming into the club as these fans sat in other stands previously) but to suggest that Robbie's will be a major driver of revenue (doubling, in fact) over the summer is far-fetched. 
Robbie's as an empty room was bringing in no revenue. As a hospitality area, it can bring in revenue throughout the year independently of football matches, possibly at the expense of other business locations.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

1 hour ago, jjvale_03 said:

I'm saying that we have to spend money to make money and ultimately become self-sustainable or as close as possible so that we dont end up in the state we were under Norman where our ground was held together with soft bog roll and sticky tape.  Again- it isnt going to happen over night but it certainly will never happen without investment.  That is just one example of where money has been spent to provide a new money earning facility- the new scoreboard is another, the business centre in the Lorne Street is another, the increased investment in the range sold in the club shop is another, the fanzone is yet another, the improved marketing is another and even the increased community work has seen a massive rise in the number of families with young children- they are the new generation of fans that are more important than ever what with the availability of so much live football on TV.  Maybe there's an argument that your first class degree in economics which you were very quick to use as a virtue-signaling device has made you know the price of everything but the value of nothing.  

On 11/03/2024 at 21:24, rayzer said:

If David Flitcroft thought as much of Carol as she does of him, then he would resign as soon as relegation is confirmed.

if he had any football savvy or was as good as he thinks he is, oh an carol's trust and enthusiasm in him, he would/should have gone even before DC was shown the door...

oh and i'd love to be a fly on the wall when he applies for his next job, after carol comes to her sences...

32 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

I'm saying that we have to spend money to make money and ultimately become self-sustainable or as close as possible so that we dont end up in the state we were under Norman where our ground was held together with soft bog roll and sticky tape.  Again- it isnt going to happen over night but it certainly will never happen without investment.  That is just one example of where money has been spent to provide a new money earning facility- the new scoreboard is another, the business centre in the Lorne Street is another, the increased investment in the range sold in the club shop is another, the fanzone is yet another, the improved marketing is another and even the increased community work has seen a massive rise in the number of families with young children- they are the new generation of fans that are more important than ever what with the availability of so much live football on TV.  Maybe there's an argument that your first class degree in economics which you were very quick to use as a virtue-signaling device has made you know the price of everything but the value of nothing.  

i can see where your coming from but will we need all those things if the people don't come to the matches and the interest in the club wanes... die hards will always come for the team, no matter what lg. they play in, but walk ups and box sales, the shop etc will begone, the score board will look out of place in non league which is where we are heading if flinuck see's his contract out.

1 hour ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

I know that our annual turnover is £7.9m and all the things you've listed will contribute a tiny % towards that. I also know the going 'price' for a league one standard striker and a league one standard manager, with the 'value' of both being the increased chance of remaining in this league. I believe the drop off in EFL consolidation payments is around 700k from league one to league two. Gotta sell a lot of pizza in the fanzone to fill that hole. It's a shame the club have prioritized investing in infrastructure with an incredibly low ROI versus making the right call on the pitch, where the real money is to be made and lost. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

I know that our annual turnover is £7.9m and all the things you've listed will contribute a tiny % towards that. I also know the going 'price' for a league one standard striker and a league one standard manager, with the 'value' of both being the increased chance of remaining in this league. I believe the drop off in EFL consolidation payments is around 700k from league one to league two. Gotta sell a lot of pizza in the fanzone to fill that hole. It's a shame the club have prioritized investing in infrastructure with an incredibly low ROI versus making the right call on the pitch, where the real money is to be made and lost. 

Obviously as Fans we are motivated by the emotional side of the footballing equation but you make a very good point about the financial impact of relegation that, while it must be known to the Owners, doesn't seem to be motivating them the same way it would me in their situation...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjvale_03 said:

Infrastructure has a much longer life than a footballers contract, so the ROI is understandably low, apart from the fact that some is legally required.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

2 hours ago, Davebrad said:

i can see where your coming from but will we need all those things if the people don't come to the matches and the interest in the club wanes... 

Well if we weren't doing things to attract that next generation of fans with all the other options around these days then there definitely won't be people coming on match days in the future. Also, don't forget that Vale Park has basically had no investment of any note in 20 years. We're also ignoring the unforseen and unprecedented impact of Covid where the Shanahans basically had to spend a lot of money just to see the club continue to exist at all. The thought of what would have happened had the lock down season happened on Norman's watch is truly frightenting. I agree the balance hasn't been 100% right and I think the director of football was always a role too far and is a failed experiment for me now but I totally get why such off field investments had to be made.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

It is a shame that DF didn't follow the pattern of ambitious, but with limited ability, managers in the corporate world. Stay in a post for two years, ride the good work of the previous manager initially and then jump ship before your incompetence becomes too obvious.

Barnsley - just under two years

Bury - just under three years

Swindon - just under two years

Mansfield - just over a year

Port Vale - just over two years things we're looking quite good, then the last 13 months happened

Many a true thing is said in jest!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Barnsley - just under two years

Bury - just under three years

Swindon - just under two years

Mansfield - just over a year

Port Vale - just over two years things we're looking quite good, then the last 13 months happened

Many a true thing is said in jest!

It wasn't said in jest. Good research 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if there will to be honest. Football fans are very fickle. If we rebuild and are challenging for promotion or playoffs next season we all know crowds will be up not down on average, we will be televised a few times and will probably have a lower wage bill plus the much maligned new suite and corporate facilities will be bringing in twice as much revenue over the summer months before a ball is even kicked.
If we're winning, fans will attend. The players will be on lower wages. League two is what she wants. Quids in. Smurf said something similar. We were making a profit before covid happened in league two.