Advert

Advert

David Flitcroft Out

Flitcroft out?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should David Flitcroft go?

• Yes
    • No

TBF, and this will sound horrible, if his family are reading stuff on things like football forums and social media, they need their heads looking at. I've seen a lot of (IMO justified) anger and the odd numpty getting a bit personal, but they should just stay away from online stuff. Again, sounds unkind, but they sound a bit thin-skinned.

Also, whilst it was interesting to hear DF's long list of excuses/ reasons why we didn't get the layers we needed, I wish he'd been asked how so many other clubs managed to strengthen. Was also interested to hear (if I heard correctly) that "the data" states we are over-performing in comparison to our budget. Something is quite wrong if our budget is bottom 3.

• Like 7
  • Confused 4

Advert

3 minutes ago, MBE said:

I was in the Lorne Street for the home game and I never heard anything other than singing get out.

Not nice to hear for him and his family but it's part of football and why he gets paid the big bucks to be a big boy. I've not seen anything online either other than the expletive Off but obviously doesn't mean it's not happened.

Not saying this is the case here but in this day and age I do wonder at times what the threshold is for abuse.

Youi posted this while I was writing mine - totally agree.

• Haha 1

On 11/02/2024 at 18:00, Guitar Ray said:

Flitcroft, fair enough on the player recruitment side and clearly, for whatever reason, the Crosby appointment didn’t work out.  On the flip side, you have to give him credit for the appointment of Clarke, and with it promotion, or are you ignoring that?  I’m not a fan of Flickers but I’ll back Carol’s judgement for a while longer.  If we’re relegated then the inquest can be held at that point.  Up ‘til then the team need support from the stands.

You seem to have an agenda against the owners.  I think you’re way out of touch with the vast majority of our fans on that score.  It’s easy to come on here spouting drivel so why not make your point, stand outside the main entrance at the next home game and protest away to your hearts content.

Here here

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, andy jones said:

What an illuminating podcast.

As one of the biggest moaners about our style of play, which is determined by Flitcroft, it would be hypocritical of me to just go about face afterlistening to one podcast.

What I will say is the podcast was very well done. He was asked to face up to some harsh intelligent questioning and he answered them with honesty, clarity and integrity.

I am again enthused that the Port Vale team from Carol down is in a very good place for our medium and long term future.

I just pray that Darren Moore can lift our first team to mid-table safety.

An interesting comment in the Podcast is that a number of our injured players aren't too far away from returning.

I suggest any poster who has doubts should listen to the podcast and even take up his invitation to talk with him. You may find it enlightening and uplifting.

Here here.

time for some on here to get behind the club.

Critisim for the joy of making a point. Wow are’nt some clever.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Danish Valiant said:

For me, one of the things that went wrong with AC was, that we relied on so many young players learning their trade, with a new manager doing the same. You need to have experience somewhere in the mix.

He made as many, if not more, bad decisions during games as the players, and has cost us as many points as the players. 

Maybe that reliance wasn’t so much down to AC as club policy is well known, to go out and get top young players in on loan as well as promoting our own youth wherever possible.  Also, there have been times where we’ve had no choice but to rely on youth players due to injuries.  Not suggesting AC was totally faultless by the way.  He was new to management but so was even the most successful manager at some point, they all have to start somewhere.  I can’t get my head round the idea the a good coach can’t become a good manager, which was one of the things thrown at Crosby from day one.  It may not have worked out for him but plenty of others have made the transition from coach or assistant manager.

1 hour ago, andy jones said:

What an illuminating podcast.

As one of the biggest moaners about our style of play, which is determined by Flitcroft, it would be hypocritical of me to just go about face afterlistening to one podcast.

What I will say is the podcast was very well done. He was asked to face up to some harsh intelligent questioning and he answered them with honesty, clarity and integrity.

I am again enthused that the Port Vale team from Carol down is in a very good place for our medium and long term future.

I just pray that Darren Moore can lift our first team to mid-table safety.

An interesting comment in the Podcast is that a number of our injured players aren't too far away from returning.

I suggest any poster who has doubts should listen to the podcast and even take up his invitation to talk with him. You may find it enlightening and uplifting.

All very well and good, however, both Bowers and Baggaley have said they have asked to interview him multiple times over the past week and have been left hanging, yet he miraculously appears on an in house podcast! 

It smacks of avoiding the media in case he doesn't have prepared answers for questions he's seen in advance. 

It also takes the sting out of anything they do now, because people won't read/listen to it because they'll assume its the same as this.

I'm all for external scrutiny whether it be fan forums or press interviews rather than a cosy in house piece where Flitcroft can control what's said and what isn't. 

I also find it interesting he's stuck his head above the parapet now rather than when, as Radio Stoke and The Sentinel/Valiant have said, he was asked last week when there would have undoubtedly been far more negatives than positives.

• Like 6

Just listened to the pod.  Flitcroft isn’t short of words that’s a fact.  If we missed out on all those strikers he cites it’s still really poor in my view.  2 or 3, 4 or 5 even, but it just sounded like excuses after a while, chances are too many we’ve been looking at were unrealistic targets.  Moore will obviously be a bigger draw than Crosby ever was on that score so that should help.  Not sure if I interpreted it right but it sounded to me like Crosbys time was up weeks ago if it took a couple of weeks of talking to get Moore signed up.  Maybe I just misinterpreted what was said.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Maybe that reliance wasn’t so much down to AC as club policy is well known, to go out and get top young players in on loan as well as promoting our own youth wherever possible.  Also, there have been times where we’ve had no choice but to rely on youth players due to injuries.  Not suggesting AC was totally faultless by the way.  He was new to management but so was even the most successful manager at some point, they all have to start somewhere.  I can’t get my head round the idea the a good coach can’t become a good manager, which was one of the things thrown at Crosby from day one.  It may not have worked out for him but plenty of others have made the transition from coach or assistant manager.

I agree with everything you say! 
Actually, personally the excuse I hate most when I've been rejected after a job interview, is 'lack of experience'. Because how am I going to get experience, if nobody wants to give me a chance?
So I'll say with AC, I think it was the wrong team at the wrong time. I know his U21 accolades, but managing a L1 team is just something completely different. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Granville said:

All very well and good, however, both Bowers and Baggaley have said they have asked to interview him multiple times over the past week and have been left hanging, yet he miraculously appears on an in house podcast! 

It smacks of avoiding the media in case he doesn't have prepared answers for questions he's seen in advance. 

It also takes the sting out of anything they do now, because people won't read/listen to it because they'll assume its the same as this.

I'm all for external scrutiny whether it be fan forums or press interviews rather than a cosy in house piece where Flitcroft can control what's said and what isn't. 

I also find it interesting he's stuck his head above the parapet now rather than when, as Radio Stoke and The Sentinel/Valiant have said, he was asked last week when there would have undoubtedly been far more negatives than positives.

I take it you hadn't listened to the pod at the time of writing? The questions didn't dance around the main talking points and I don't think Bowers and baggers would have asked anything different. 

• Like 4