Advert

Advert

David Flitcroft Out

Flitcroft out?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should David Flitcroft go?

• Yes
    • No

What you are saying is that to be a true fan, you are not allowed to speak out if you are not happy?
Also, it needs to be right on the pitch first before any infrastructure is in place.
Speak out about what? It's a community football club, we aren't living in Gaza mate.
Its common knowledge we got promoted a season earlier than planned without the required infrastructure to sustain in league 1. We have an upper league 2 budget and work is being done so we can sustain in league 1. Would it be different if we got promoted when planned? Who knows but it may have freed up some money for players and we may not have had to resort to panic buyings and signings over the last couple of seasons as budgets have dictated.
If we pull thru this then hopefully the pitch forks can be put away and start afresh next season.
If not then we are just in league 2, it will be meltdown with the lynch mob, but it's not the end of the world. I'll be gutted but as long as we show fight and the supporters get behind the lads, like yesterday, I'll be ok with it.
Its also points that have been endlessly debated for months now and some people will never accept the reality of where the club is financially and the simple fact that If we want to progress we have to be financially secure with the relative budgets for the relative leagues.
  • Like 5

Advert

9 minutes ago, smithie said:

No one's denying people the right to criticize. But if you call yourself a supporter and don't attend, what support does that offer? 

So are those who live abroad or hundreds of miles away not supporters? What about those who walk a few hundred yards for home games but don’t bother with away games? Are they not supporters?

What a sad, and frankly pathetic, way this thread has turned.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

So are those who live abroad or hundreds of miles away not supporters? What about those who walk a few hundred yards for home games but don’t bother with away games? Are they not supporters?

What a sad, and frankly pathetic, way this thread has turned.

Of course those people are supporters. But people who choose to stay away in our hour of need aren't. 

• Like 2

The nature of a supporter - there's a lot who have been around for 50 years +, having seen all the ups n downs. and are still rocking up every Sat/Tuesday (with various nervous twitches in evidence, no doubt😮)

But at what point does a supporter say, enough is enough - are we just mindless drones who are on auto-pilot to turn up whatever can of poop we are having to put up with, or can a true supporter say, you know what, iv had enough of this <ovf censored> show, I'm voting with my feet until you sort it out?

Is it possible the foot voters can get more of a reaction from those in power? 

Sub 5000 home supporters yesterday when we have sold 6000+ season tickets - regardless of what happens in the next 2 1/2 months, this season will hardly go down as successful or enjoyable in the annals of PV history - will those 1000+ STs renew next year - no idea, but if it were my business, I would be worried.

Given the tremendous support for the players yesterday, do we want them back (someone made an excellent point on this higher up the thread)

As a fan base, I don't think we are overdemanding in general - no one was calling for DCs head, and another couple of victories in the last 20 games and AC would probs still be here, so you know, from an owners point of view, we are pretty easy to please, and with a couple of half decent signings last month, again a lot of discontent would have been avoided. 

I think DF probably gets flak which is undeserved which he does not help himself with by not being a particularly good people person or spokesman  - equally, in communication in general, the management of PVFC have been abysmal with recent (non) communications - rather than spending god knows how long writing the open letter boll@cking, could Auntie carol not afford 10 minutes to put out a release thanking the outgoing staff - shocking really. 

Edited by Hoppers
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

Dunno do other clubs supporters boycott their club when they are in a relegation battle? emoji848.png

good point - im not sure its the relegation battle they are protesting about, but the decisions off the pitch that have weakened us - the support for the players is obviously there - same net result though

Edited by Hoppers
  • Like 2

Yeah for sure. Just a shame really that peeps feel so let down.
All the old boys around me are very pragmatic tbf always smiling with a been here, seen it got the t shirt kind of attitude, bless em. They never moan, but definitely laugh at some of the antics on the pitch

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoppers said:

As a fan base, I don't think we are overdemanding in general - no one was calling for DCs head, and another couple of victories in the last 20 games and AC would probs still be here, so you know, from an owners point of view, we are pretty easy to please, and with a couple of half decent signings last month, again a lot of discontent would have been avoided.

If you speak to some lads, we are uniquely demanding and petulant, more so than the 91 other clubs.

The reality is that we're not special or different - we get a bit sick of losing most weeks and moan about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smithie said:

Of course those people are supporters. But people who choose to stay away in our hour of need aren't. 

Our mate Dave has a season ticket but hasn’t been to a game all season. So is he a proper supporter?  He does live in Australia mind. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

There's no such thing as 'earning your chance'. The opportunity to manage PVFC is not a reward for hard work.

You appoint the best manager, not share us out like a toy at a children's party. It wasn't Crosby's 'go'.

He didn't even talk to anyone else. He, rather arrogantly, assumed we had the best candidate already here, and he didn't need to bother even reading any CVs. A lot of Vale fans pointed out that this was both an awful process, and that Crosby probably wasn't up to it.

We can't defend an appointment which so many average fans correctly saw as not good. Let's not put excuses in place for a massive mistake. Pressure is on him to undo his balls up with this next appointment.

Your first sentence is patently wrong.  If I give someone a job it’s in the belief that they’ve earned their chance, usually, in this case, by having a proven good track record in football, as was the case with DC.  But it’s not simply an individuals CV, there are also many other factors which come into play.  In Crosbys case the club knew the character of the man and already had trust in him.  They obviously thought his coaching and man management skills were good, having observed them first hand. He knew the workings of the club and the blue print.  He knew the players and they seemingly had a lot of respect for him.  You only have to listen to Ojo in his latest interview.  The club decided to offer Crosby the role based on these factors.  It was less of a risk than employing a manager based on his CV, an interview and a few recommendations, which is where we are right now.  Whoever gets the job will have “earned their chance” in the eyes of the club.  There’s a lot of pressure to get it right but one look at them lot down the road will tell you all you need to know about how easy it is to recruit a successful manager in football.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Our mate Dave has a season ticket but hasn’t been to a game all season. So is he a proper supporter?  He does live in Australia mind. 

He is obviously a very big vale fan but I think the point being made is that some fans choose to sit at home watching on iFollow rather than walk for ten minutes to vale park and yes that’s aimed at 2 of my close mates yesterday if your reading this 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smithie said:

I agree. I think the whole “starve em out” initiative which worked makes some fans think that not turning up can be effective and justified in seeing change. 

I don’t, but equally we have perhaps only got about 4,000 fans who will turn up regardless of the football quality. 

• Like 2