Advert

David Flitcroft Out

Flitcroft out?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should David Flitcroft go?

• Yes
    • No

8 minutes ago, Rory said:

I find it really quite strange that people are saying that a Director should be taking the team. He should be spending his time finding the right bloke to take the team, not doing it himself.

I think he could spare 3 hours yesterday in his otherwise busy day ringing agents and reading applications and talking to the board, to help out with the primary concern, running the club. It was his decision to sack AC the day before the game that lead to this. Sacking AC should not have been something that was completely off radar. I would hope that DF had a couple of irons in the fire.

• Like 2

Advert

19 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Hopefully she will stay committed but her first priority is to find additional external investment for the club and to spend it on the playing squad - but absolutely not under Flitcroft's watch.

Absolutely bang on. Get the fraud gone. Carol has not alienated the fan base but many are sceptical and close to 'turning'. The honeymoon period ended last season, this is just a continuation of the second part of last season  - only worse. The team is as bad as I've seen since the Dean Glover/ Michael Brown days. I'm shocked at how we have been dismantled, seems like a form of asset-stripping a-la Smurthwaite but under the guise of the 'Joker' Flitcroft. Sad state of affairs and Carol really does need listen to us this time or she and Kevin will be shipping more debt and misery.

Edited by pete vale

Is it commonplace for Directors at football clubs to become the manager?
It might be, but I can't think of one other than when Micky Adams became a fake director that time.
I am fairly sure that Barry Fry has stepped in from time to time at Posh. The point is that although a DoF, he has managed football teams in the past and in an emergency would be expected to steady the ship. Tin hat in place.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Stoke mate just called round to visit me. Obviously chat turned to football. 

He was incredulous as an ex manager that Flitcroft didn't take the reins last night. I just said it shows the calibre of the bloke that he'd rather chuck Ryder under the bus instead. 

Darren. TBH I think if he had got into the dug out, it would have cost a lot in security

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This feels worse than at any time in our recent history. Carol has come in & saved the club from Smuthwaite. She has put in millions & been totally let down by Flitcroft & his cronies. Hopefully Carol remains as committed to the club as ever, but a total rebuild is required after our almost certain relegation.
Just hope her and Kev don't lose their passion and commitment and sack it all off. It would save them alot of grief and money and they would have their lives back.
They need to get rid of Flitcroft and just admit they may have got it wrong with him, nothing wrong with that and they are only human. They have entrusted their club and legacy to someone who has more wobble than jelly atm
Its not the end of the world if it happens and it would rebuild faith and support with those that are completely disillusioned in the fan base. Muchos brownie points for getting rid of him
  • Like 5

Seems a lot opposed to him 

I'm.not there sat as away but any kind of protest well do I agree with it I'm not sure .

Don't see what use it would be after all you cannot just forget that him bringing DC got us out of league 2 ,he wasn't to know what would happen which was so horrific to the fella and that it would all go into a pantomime on the pitch till we got safe following January transfer window with his boss above him saying she was happy with the squad .

I think the biggest mistake was giving it AC and then not backing him in this January transfer window then sacking him after its finished it's absolutely absurd doing that .

We in a mess and fans will be pointing fingers at everyone .

That's how it is when folk are losing game after game but not just losing its the way they are losing its absolutely terrible. 

So for me how can you point the finger at one and not the other.

Stoke going through managers like no tomorrow they have massive backing financially from Coates family 

I'm.apathetic to it I expect every member of staff have pride in what they do when they don't then you have to question why are you here ?

Are you false ?

Port Vale too good a club not move forwards so everybody better do a damn sight better than what they have being doing .

That includes Flitcroft Carol everyone 

7 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

Seems a lot opposed to him 

I'm.not there sat as away but any kind of protest well do I agree with it I'm not sure .

Don't see what use it would be after all you cannot just forget that him bringing DC got us out of league 2 ,he wasn't to know what would happen which was so horrific to the fella and that it would all go into a pantomime on the pitch till we got safe following January transfer window with his boss above him saying she was happy with the squad .

I think the biggest mistake was giving it AC and then not backing him in this January transfer window then sacking him after its finished it's absolutely absurd doing that .

We in a mess and fans will be pointing fingers at everyone .

That's how it is when folk are losing game after game but not just losing its the way they are losing its absolutely terrible. 

So for me how can you point the finger at one and not the other.

Stoke going through managers like no tomorrow they have massive backing financially from Coates family 

I'm.apathetic to it I expect every member of staff have pride in what they do when they don't then you have to question why are you here ?

Are you false ?

Port Vale too good a club not move forwards so everybody better do a damn sight better than what they have being doing .

That includes Flitcroft Carol everyone 

Protest will force him out even if Carol doesn’t have the balls to do it herself. It’s a no brainier. Loud & proud Saturday ‘ David Flitcroft get out of our club! ‘

1 hour ago, manc_vale said:

In a time of crisis you rally round, roll your sleeves up and get involved. He didn't. He didn't front up to the press, he wasn't involved in the bench. As the man in charge of all footballing matters it's completely clear that the man with the vision was needed last night. He provides the continuity to the players in the training, selection and how they approach the game. The squad and approach are the result of his procurement. There was no evidence of him stepping in, or taking charge, or being visible. 

This is it. Leadership. What leadership.

3 people who voted no. I’m honestly astounded.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

I am fairly sure that Barry Fry has stepped in from time to time at Posh. The point is that although a DoF, he has managed football teams in the past and in an emergency would be expected to steady the ship. Tin hat in place.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Didn’t Rudgie do it at Lard?

• Thanks 1

Flitcroft has assembled this group of players.

Flitcroft  has assembled a completely unbalanced squad that offers no threat to the opposition.

Flitcroft has set up one way of playing which doesn't work with the players we have.

Flitcroft has in 4 transfer windows failed to bring in any strikers capable of scoring the goals required for the club to progress.

Flitcroft cannot be trusted to deliver the process.

Flitcoft MUST GO NOW.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, MBE said:

This is it. Leadership. What leadership.

3 people who voted no. I’m honestly astounded.

We may need to take action as supporters again with DF. Can't see where the next point is coming from. We will get battered by Stevenage and Peterboro and lose to Cheltenham. I'm hoping someone says something or something happens before the weekend, ideally DF gone.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mbycars said:

Flitcroft has assembled this group of players.

Flitcroft  has assembled a completely unbalanced squad that offers no threat to the opposition.

Flitcroft has set up one way of playing which doesn't work with the players we have.

Flitcroft has in 4 transfer windows failed to bring in any strikers capable of scoring the goals required for the club to progress.

Flitcroft cannot be trusted to deliver the process.

Flitcoft MUST GO NOW.

SPOT ON!!!

2 minutes ago, pete vale said:

We may need to take action as supporters again with DF. Can't see where the next point is coming from. We will get battered by Stevenage and Peterboro and lose to Cheltenham. I'm hoping someone says something or something happens before the weekend, ideally DF 

I think we just need to keep the pressure on spamming Vale socials and singing for him to leave. We also need to keep the pressure on even after a new man is appointed and we hopefully pick up a few results. We cannot let up.

Its difficult to see where the next goal is coming from but football is a funny game.. you never know.

• Like 1