onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stevenage (H) match thread - 10th Feb

robf

9 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

As sad as it is, we simply need Ryan Loft to do something between now and season's end. We haven't got any other choice.

Wilson plays 70 minutes. Dipepa is too young. We've got to make the best of a bad situation.

Going to make it my personal mission to achieve maximum positivity for Ryan Loft. He simply must deliver the goods. No more groaning or booing. We need 4-5 goals off him by season's end.

Let him cook, I say.

Yes, another one on the Ryan Loft Lovin Club.

Welcome. Your Loft Club pin badge is on its way

Advert

4 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Yes, another one on the Ryan Loft Lovin Club.

Welcome. Your Loft Club pin badge is on its way

Can we get a cult hero status thing going?

Last minute bundled winner on the last day to keep us up.

Right. Let's crack on. Unyielding positivity.

1 minute ago, JoeB2 said:

People tried at fleetwood but he’s just so bad it’s impossible. Obviously should support him but I’d be amazed if he even scored 1 goal.

4 minutes ago, Powerline said:

People tried at fleetwood but he’s just so bad it’s impossible. Obviously should support him but I’d be amazed if he even scored 1 goal.

You tread carefully mate. Ryan Loft is excellent. Needs the service and he will flourish.

Just seen there goals no intensity or bravery block the shot just stand there holding hands second goal  

Whether or not we think some players were good or bad I think having more experience on the pitch from the start helped us yesterday.  Hopefully the boost of rescuing a point gives us the lift we need because we’re going into 3 very difficult games.

It seems to me that two things were evident yesterday, firstly the players were giving their all for the shirt and secondly, apart from about 20 minutes in the second half, the fans were right behind them.

Whether or not the players were aware of a possible new manager watching from the stands, whether or not the 'discussions' during the week as suggested by Funjo, whether it was down to the management team having longer to prepare them than 24 hours, or whether they just 'turned up and put a shift in', whatever it was, you could see from the stands the effort and commitment.

If the new manager was watching then I'm sure he would have gone away encouraged by our effort, application and resilience. 

I cannot understand people on here bemoaning Wilsons efforts yesterday, he had one of his better games in my view, set up the first goal, tracked back in defence, played some lovely passes here and there and everyone around me was surprised he was substituted.

The two goals we conceded were poor but that's often been the case this season and last, if only we could cut them out. We also rode our luck with the two glaring misses but the players heads didn't drop and once we got ourselves back on track we certainly deserved the equaliser, it looked a penalty from our view and watching the tv replay it definitely seems the defender used his arm.

I have to say that I left the ground with more belief that we can avoid the drop, yes we still look like we're susceptible at the back and we clearly need more up front but overall I thought we battled well, controlled the game for periods and rode our luck for a change. Other results didn't particularly go our way but it's still in our own hands.

A SPECIAL mention for the fans, I thought in the main the crowd really got behind the team, it's a two-way thing, the crowd need something to cheer and once the players hear the crowd it spurs them on no-end.

No negative chanting, no animosity, just 5000 odd fans backing their team. 

39 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

Just seen there goals no intensity or bravery block the shot just stand there holding hands second goal  

Yes, but did you see the defending from Stevenage for OUR 2nd goal - they just stood on the 18 yard line and allowed Funjo to shoot from 12 yards - bloody criminal if you ask me, no wonder Super-sized Steve was apoplectic at the final whistle !

44 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

I thought same, I think it was grant who turned his back not prepared to put his body on the line. It sums up Grant's general demeanour to me.

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

Yes and we can have a song

Ryan Loft, Ryan Loft, Scoring for the Vale, Ryan Loft, Ryan Loft, Scoring for the Vale, Feared by the Shiiite, Loved by the Vale, Ryan Loft, Ryan Loft, Ryan Loft

26 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Whether or not we think some players were good or bad I think having more experience on the pitch from the start helped us yesterday.  Hopefully the boost of rescuing a point gives us the lift we need because we’re going into 3 very difficult games.

Can we start replacing the words lift with Loft please

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

As sad as it is, we simply need Ryan Loft to do something between now and season's end. We haven't got any other choice.

Wilson plays 70 minutes. Dipepa is too young. We've got to make the best of a bad situation.

Going to make it my personal mission to achieve maximum positivity for Ryan Loft. He simply must deliver the goods. No more groaning or booing. We need 4-5 goals off him by season's end.

Let him cook, I say.

I thought that was Ryan Loft’s game all season as I haven’t seen a worse striker as a fan I. Years but I was happy with a point but we have more imgamex to come against Cheltenham away Ready away and Fleetwood at home and Exeter at home and Burton away

Archived