onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

4 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Carol might be good at arithmetic but she thinks that the current Director of Failure is doing a good job so I am not sure she is the best judge of a good manager. She will probably take his advice which some would say wasn't the best and most objective. He pobably wants a patsy rather than a strong manager who may disagree with the process.

That's the whole issue here - whoever they choose has to do what he wants ultimately - so you've got to believe our DOF is entirely competent in his role... It completely skews the whole process, as you can't consider a normal well rounded and competent League One Manager.

Advert

14 hours ago, MBE said:

I can’t get my head around why you would sack one rookie manager, then replace him with another rookie manager except you know he has a <ovf censored> record.

Keeps the heat off Flitcroft and Carol. Hire a manager, it will go quiet for a bit, if he is rubbish manager gets blamed again, if he happens to be decent Flitcroft can bathe in the glory. 

1 hour ago, Warren said:

His long work in youth team football at big clubs including Man City is highly compatible with Port Vale. Port Vale will have to pay an attractive and competitive salary. Clearly with his background he could easily go back to coaching at the youth team level which will pay well and also compete for other manager jobs. 

Although I have no adverse thoughts on Darren Moore, I think the fact he has managed at Championship level clubs makes him less compatible to Port Vale than Kennedy. The question of why come to Port Vale needs a convincing answer. 

I have been having a look at his career being a coach and that I do not think its all that to be honest.

He was u21 coach at championship side Ipswich for 4 years.

He was then the manager of the Man City u15 side but he then got released after 2 years.

He then had 6 months being the u23 coach at Wolves before leaving.

Then he had that disastrous spell being the Macclesfield Town manager

Carol might be good at arithmetic but she thinks that the current Director of Failure is doing a good job so I am not sure she is the best judge of a good manager. She will probably take his advice which some would say wasn't the best and most objective. He pobably wants a patsy rather than a strong manager who may disagree with the process.

I would counter this by saying that Carol trusts the DOF and He is the one choosing the new manager, (with her ultimate approval) and she will one the one paying his (or her) wages - that's the point I am trying to make -
His advise which some would say IS the best and most subjective is why she employs him.
If he wants a patsy then that's who he will suggest, personally I think our DOF is clever enough to know that in our current predicament we need the BEST manager available at the price we can pay for them and any staff they wish to bring with them.

I agree, you’re right. However this season has proven to be a case of purse strings being tightened. 
Yes, it seems purse strings have been tightened, but we are now it <ovf censored> or bust territory and any spare cash must surely be used to bring in the best manager available and/or any available decent striker who is looking for a club.
The time for cutting costs is gone we need to act now.

5 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Keeps the heat off Flitcroft and Carol. Hire a manager, it will go quiet for a bit, if he is rubbish manager gets blamed again, if he happens to be decent Flitcroft can bathe in the glory. 

If the club think appointing another Crosby type of manager is going to calm down fans I think they haven’t read the room.

Today could be the day we are put out of our misery.

59 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Can people please learn to spell manager?

At the moment it seems that there's a few people anticipating Jesus to come to the club. Mind you,he wouldn't want to see any crosses but may perform a few miracles 

Daz, I understand exactly what you’re saying, we do have a donkey, however I’m sure that there were three wise ppl in the original text. 

28 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I can see that. However I think Rooney’s biggest problem was in the transfer market. He never made convincing signings. 

True 👍🏻 which comes as a surprise you’d think he’d be able attract decent enough players 🤷‍♂️ 

12 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

I have been having a look at his career being a coach and that I do not think its all that to be honest.

He was then the manager of the Man City u15 side but he then got released after 2 years.

Sign him up! 😂

6 minutes ago, MBE said:

If the club think appointing another Crosby type of manager is going to calm down fans I think they haven’t read the room.

Today could be the day we are put out of our misery.

I can’t see a manager being announced on a match day myself mate 

1 hour ago, wotsyobeef said:
3 hours ago, PV1973 said:
It absolutely is a free hit, (which doesn't mean let’s go there and lose). When the club (and us) look at the fixtures and pencil in what we think may happen no one was ever expecting us to go there and win, which gives us the chance to play with a bit more freedom. So if we do get something then great, it’s a very welcome bonus. If we don’t, then losing there doesn’t define our season, but the games against the teams around us do. 

If we lose by 10 though it would make us a less appealing prospect for a new manager

I reckon the new manager is almost sorted and any kind of defeat won’t make a difference. Any prospective manager will already know what they have to work with and will probably have watched games on either ifollow or wyscout. In fact I’d say that’s a given that they would have watched past games. 

21 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Would be a very underwhelming & poor appointment! I’m sure I’m not alone in that view either 

Archived