onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

58 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

But you are the one who has been continually bleating on about Recruitment...and I actually agree with you.

But all roads lead to the owners who are ultimately responsible for on the field investment...whether we like it or not. Whatever happens between now and the end of the season will have been determined by that.

You talk about investment as though it's easy to find a couple of million down the back of the settee.

The Shannahans have invested large sums of money into the club not including the price they paid Smurthwaite for a decrepit ground and infrastructure.

Kieran Maguire the football financial analyst recently reported that Leyton Orient are losing 75k a month and are £21m in debt , Crawley lost £4m in 22/23 total losses are £11.6m.

There are numerous clubs in a similar situation, I trust Carol & Co are running the financials sensibly, because I for one don't want the club to go down well trodden paths of the past.

If you want more investment in the club how about we double the price of a match day tickets and double the price of season tickets? that should do it.

Advert

I think leagues 1 & 2 lost the chance to put their finances in order when the PFA got the courts to block the wage cap. It would have been 1.5 million pa for league 2 and 2.5 million pa for league 1.
Unfortunately we have owners in both divisions who will spend sums on wages, way beyond the clubs natural means. As all clubs exist to be competitive. It means that even owners who wish to run their clubs in a fiscally prudent manner, are forced to pay a wage above what is sensible to try and compete.
Whilst we have such owners, lower league clubs will slip further and further into debt.
There is a lot made of receiving more money from the Premier league. However this will not help. As this money will just be used to be payed out on yet higher wages as clubs scramble to get better players.
On our present average gates of over 6,000 which are the highest I can recall for us being in the third tier (could be wrong) should see us breaking even at least. But wage inflation has spiralled out of control. The blame for this lies mainly at the door of clubs like Salford, MK Dons, Fleetwood etc. The big clubs in the league like Portsmouth and Derby I don't have an issue they have the gates to pay more. But even they are probably paying too much for their income.
Until we get back some form of formal control of the wages bill, I can only see a bleak future for lower league clubs. There are not that many people around who are willing to kiss goodbye a few million quid each year.

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

10 hours ago, Terriertalk said:

Now then Mr zzzzzzzz.

Here’s a little stat for you.

Darren Moore,3 wins (t h r e e ) out of 23 (TWENTY THREE) in charge.

Post Moore our Caretaker Manager has 2 wins out of 3 in charge against two top 6 sides out of the three played.

Just think about that stat for a minute, really think about it. 

Beggars belief doesn’t it?.

That happens at probably 4 out of every 5 clubs when a manager is relieved of his duties it doesn’t come as a great surprise to be honest. Now toddle off back to your own forum 👋🏻 

13 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

But you are the one who has been continually bleating on about Recruitment...and I actually agree with you.

But all roads lead to the owners who are ultimately responsible for on the field investment...whether we like it or not. Whatever happens between now and the end of the season will have been determined by that.

Carol & Kevin have put £10 million into the club

How much did Bill Bratt put into the club?

32 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Carol & Kevin have put £10 million into the club?

The small amount he put into the collective pot to buy the club, he got it all back and walked off into the sunset, leaving Vale to nearly go bust. 

If you want more investment in the club how about we double the price of a match day tickets and double the price of season tickets? that should do it.

Completely agree. Remember the kicking off on here over the Boro pricing?

25 minutes ago, smada said:
1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

Possibly the other question would be how much did Bratt take out of the club??

I agree it usually would be @Killersrevenge44 is talking about investment from our current owners,so, I would like to see his reply on how much investment he thinks his idol put into the club

11 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

All roads do ultimately lead to the owners but what you’re saying is that because DC hasn’t fulfilled his brief with the first team the owners are at fault and should sack themselves off.  That because the DoF and his recruitment team haven’t recruited properly and within budget the owners should sell up.  I’ve no idea if you’ve ever worked but that’s not generally how it happens.  The managers below the owners are paid to make the day to day decisions.  Open your eyes, far more football managers lose their jobs than there are owners putting clubs up for sale.  There’s absolutely no comparison between the two, and as I said, your continued focus attempting to put blame on the owners appears not only misguided but obsessive.

1 hour ago, smada said:
1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

Possibly the other question would be how much did Bratt take out of the club??

Check the accounts. That tells you. 

2 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

10 million. 

All the cup money. 

Mostly loan signings. A relegation squad. A cheap cf who doesn't score goals. 

No purchases in the January windows. Gamble by the owners... It backfires so they make Crosby the scapegoat. 

Spend a bit more for Moore knowing the plan is to rely on free agent has beens from now until whenever. 

Bratty had a plan and aspiration to get Gannon who had a proper managerial plan. We didn't give it time. 

Crosby made a scapegoat as was DC. Time is ticking on the Dof and the owner. Moore is merely a plaster on the cracks. 

30 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

10 million. 

All the cup money. 

Mostly loan signings. A relegation squad. A cheap cf who doesn't score goals. 

No purchases in the January windows. Gamble by the owners... It backfires so they make Crosby the scapegoat. 

Spend a bit more for Moore knowing the plan is to rely on free agent has beens from now until whenever. 

Bratty had a plan and aspiration to get Gannon who had a proper managerial plan. We didn't give it time. 

Crosby made a scapegoat as was DC. Time is ticking on the Dof and the owner. Moore is merely a plaster on the cracks. 

Proper weird you are 🙄 Cheer up it could be a lot worse! Go support someone else then grumpy arse! I’ve been one to moan & criticise but your something else. You 💯 are not a fan that’s clear for all to see. Bore off 

13 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Bratty & Gannon in the same sentence.

Why are you trying to wind people up?

Is it giving you a daily kick from your lonesome life?

Archived