onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

Advert

I think it's probably the best appointment we could have made. Decent at WBA and Donny, plus a promotion at Sheffield Wednesday. I don't think Wednesday was much of an achievement because they should have walked it but to get 96 points with any team is an achievement.

Huddersfield was not good but as I said earlier I think they're on a downward spiral (similar to Stoke). They had their day in the sun but were previously at our level quite a lot and probably got ideas above their station.

I was absolutely buzzing when the announcement was made - and then Ryan Boreton brought me straight back down to earth. Everything I read about DM's style just reminded me of Crosby. I just hope it was just a 'horses for courses' and he's going to be the next messiah

What a week! Rumours in abundance, reaction (over reaction) teeth gnashing & brow furrowing, recrimination, criminal accusations and at the finale, Dave Flitcroft, the prodigal director/unlikely wizard plucks the implausible new manager out of the hat! What on earth would we all do without the Vale, DF the Shanahans, OVF and in all probability each of us 2000th visit to this thread.  

All the best to Darren Moore & thank you Carol, Kevin & Dave the mage Flitcroft for giving us hope! Thanks also to RobF & Co for the opportunity to vent. 

Let's all get behind the boys, duff up Cheltenham on their turf then saunter back up the league. 

3 hours ago, Walka003 said:

One thing I would say, what a turning point for our club appointing our first black manager. Considering the awful media we got when Smurf said he was too scared to appoint Hasselbank because of "our racist fans". It's a testiment to the turnaround in reputation we've had in the last 4 years under Carol.

Please vale fans, no cringy massey style songs about his cock size.

Woah, Super Darren Moore

Woah, his cock touches the floor…

…I’ll get me coat

Not sure about this one.

Done alright at Sheff Wed in this division but quite hard to fail and still nearly c0cked it up

Got a bit of a reputation for being negative, Huddersfield fans couldn't wait to get shut of him.

Will get behind him and give him a few games to work the team out but I'd rather we got someone in who was a bit more brave and tried to play football rather than going for the pragmatic type, but I guess needs must in our position.

5 and a half year contract is making me worry as well

2 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I was absolutely buzzing when the announcement was made - and then Ryan Boreton brought me straight back down to earth. Everything I read about DM's style just reminded me of Crosby. I just hope it was just a 'horses for courses' and he's going to be the next messiah

Who gives a <ovf censored> about style as long as you're getting results? To play the way we've tried to play this season has been ridiculous. You need good players, ball players, in every area of the pitch for it to work. 

For the foreseeable future our best bet is to be a hard to beat, organised and hard working team that gives little away. Under Moore that's much more realistic than this possession based nonsense Crosby was obsessed with and ultimately played a part in his downfall.

4 hours ago, pvfc_loyal said:

Not sure about this one.

Done alright at Sheff Wed in this division but quite hard to fail and still nearly c0cked it up

Got a bit of a reputation for being negative, Huddersfield fans couldn't wait to get shut of him.

Will get behind him and give him a few games to work the team out but I'd rather we got someone in who was a bit more brave and tried to play football rather than going for the pragmatic type, but I guess needs must in our position.

5 and a half year contract is making me worry as well

He has managed 4 clubs, all higher in the league than we currently are when he managed them. 3 of those 4 clubs fans seem to hold him in high regard. The only ones that don't are where he was there the shortest amount of time, half a season, and Huddersfield look a bit of a basket case atm, the way they are going through managers. Ignoring Huddersfield as he only left 2 weeks ago, none of the other clubs he managed have had an upturn in fortunes after getting rid of him and getting in new managers.

On paper it looks a fantastic appointment, now we just need to see how it works out on the pitch.

The 5 and a half year contract length is pretty meaningless without actually seeing the contract, there could be all sorts of break clauses in there for both sides.

1 hour ago, matmat said:

He has managed 4 clubs, all higher in the league than we currently are when he managed them. 3 of those 4 clubs fans seem to hold him in high regard. The only ones that don't are where he was there the shortest amount of time, half a season, and Huddersfield look a bit of a basket case atm, the way they are going through managers. Ignoring Huddersfield as he only left 2 weeks ago, none of the other clubs he managed have had an upturn in fortunes after getting rid of him and getting in new managers.

On paper it looks a fantastic appointment, now we just need to see how it works out on the pitch.

The 5 and a half year contract length is pretty meaningless without actually seeing the contract, there could be all sorts of break clauses in there for both sides.

Huddersfield beat Sheff Wed 4.0 at home last week and scored three away at Southampton. I think that qualifies as an upturn. 

Wednesday aside, any manager with three wins out of twenty three matches and that qualifies as a poor record. 

As for the contract length. Simply stupid or if, as you cclaim, there could be clauses you may as well call it an ongoing review contract. Five and a half years is insane and frankly a gamble. 

I hope Moore gets results turning the other way although this has the potential to go belly up. 

4 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Who gives a <ovf censored> about style as long as you're getting results? To play the way we've tried to play this season has been ridiculous. You need good players, ball players, in every area of the pitch for it to work. 

For the foreseeable future our best bet is to be a hard to beat, organised and hard working team that gives little away. Under Moore that's much more realistic than this possession based nonsense Crosby was obsessed with and ultimately played a part in his downfall.

As I said. He sounds very familiar to Crosby according to the Huddersfield fan (who incidentally is what you are complaining about). This is his analysis of style of play :-

'Good grief, the football is dull. Made the stuff we played under the Cowley brothers seem like Barcelona side of 15 years ago by comparison! I could be charitable and describe his football as "cautious" but it would be closer to the truth to describe it as timid. A cautious approach when playing against Man City in the cup is understandable. Against sides in absolute freefall you'd hope for a little more. If you expect attacking football under Moore you're in for disappointment. Half a season with us and I still don't know what his attacking philosophy is, because we never saw it. 

2) Game management is awful. Will not change things when you're getting battered, or when the scores are level and the opponent is there for the taking (back to the ultra-cautious approach). Known to make defensive subs when chasing an equaliser. I genuinely think he has no idea how to react to what's happening in-game.'

Just hope he's very wrong when it comes to us

47 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Huddersfield beat Sheff Wed 4.0 at home last week and scored three away at Southampton. I think that qualifies as an upturn. 

Wednesday aside, any manager with three wins out of twenty three matches and that qualifies as a poor record. 

As for the contract length. Simply stupid or if, as you cclaim, there could be clauses you may as well call it an ongoing review contract. Five and a half years is insane and frankly a gamble. 

I hope Moore gets results turning the other way although this has the potential to go belly up. 

I’m a lot more hopeful than if we had got Martin Foyle that’s for sure  😭😭😭

46 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

As I said. He sounds very familiar to Crosby according to the Huddersfield fan (who incidentally is what you are complaining about). This is his analysis of style of play :-

'Good grief, the football is dull. Made the stuff we played under the Cowley brothers seem like Barcelona side of 15 years ago by comparison! I could be charitable and describe his football as "cautious" but it would be closer to the truth to describe it as timid. A cautious approach when playing against Man City in the cup is understandable. Against sides in absolute freefall you'd hope for a little more. If you expect attacking football under Moore you're in for disappointment. Half a season with us and I still don't know what his attacking philosophy is, because we never saw it. 

2) Game management is awful. Will not change things when you're getting battered, or when the scores are level and the opponent is there for the taking (back to the ultra-cautious approach). Known to make defensive subs when chasing an equaliser. I genuinely think he has no idea how to react to what's happening in-game.'

Just hope he's very wrong when it comes to us

Your going off one Huddersfield fans comments & comparing him to Andy bloody Crosby it’s ridiculous! Nobody at Huddersfield has a good word to say about him but I’ll say it again how many managers have succeeded at Huddersfield in recent years. They are in free fall. I’m happy if he makes us hard to beat & keeps us up that’s the aim right now, I don’t expect fast attacking free scoring football as we don’t have the personnel for that at the minute. I’m sure there’s a couple on here on the wind up 🤦‍♂️

Happy VALEntines day you beautiful bunch! I fell in love with this club at my very first game as a 10 year old boy. FA cup replay at Vale park against Arsenal in 1998. Yes I missed the Everton & Spurs heroics unfortunately 😅 Vale was my first love & will always be my last 💙

18 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Happy VALEntines day you beautiful bunch! I fell in love with this club at my very first game as a 10 year old boy. FA cup replay at Vale park against Arsenal in 1998. Yes I missed the Everton & Spurs heroics unfortunately 😅 Vale was my first love & will always be my last 💙

You old romantic ❤️‍🔥 

Archived