onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

Advert

Lots of people have mentioned "the cheap option" in their posts, but how much would this cheap option cost? Just how much should we be paying for a manager?  It would be nice to see some 'top of the head' figures (guesses in other words) thrown in to this debate - it would help pass the time until we actually appoint someone !! For example, if I said we should pay £150,000 pa.... would that just about  get us the cheap option?  Or be too much? And just  how much more would we need to pay to get the best option?  Big problems and decisions for Carol and our beloved (NOT) DF to address.

2 minutes ago, Seamus O'Wye said:

Lots of people have mentioned "the cheap option" in their posts, but how much would this cheap option cost? Just how much should we be paying for a manager?  It would be nice to see some 'top of the head' figures (guesses in other words) thrown in to this debate - it would help pass the time until we actually appoint someone !! For example, if I said we should pay £150,000 pa.... would that just about  get us the cheap option?  Or be too much? And just  how much more would we need to pay to get the best option?  Big problems and decisions for Carol and our beloved (NOT) DF to address.

Yeah I wondered this my complete guess is

Cheap 150,000

Premium 300,000

1 minute ago, The man in the pub said:

Did our accounts show what we paid previously for Andy Crosby who we  assume was the cheap option?

...a good point this....but I have no idea how to find out !! Perhaps the accountants on here could do a bit of digging...?

4 hours ago, MBE said:

If the club think appointing another Crosby type of manager is going to calm down fans I think they haven’t read the room.

Today could be the day we are put out of our misery.

Perhaps if they turned the seats round so we weren’t having to face the pitch, that might put us out of our misery.

10 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Did our accounts show what we paid previously for Andy Crosby who we  assume was the cheap option?

The fact he’d never managed a team before barring 5 u21 games for Northern Ireland I’m sure he would of been cheap compared to most managers out there mate 

19 minutes ago, Seamus O'Wye said:

Just some food for thought. I know that a current manager in League One is on £800k per year and I know of another manager in the national league is on £200k per year

18 hours ago, billbee33 said:

I'm with nippy Naylor and werestayingup, it makes more sense to have DM, he's the only one who will galvanise the players and fans, I'll also stick my neck out again here, DM is a done deal, I'm 100% certain of that, just watch this space.

I really hope you are right but the longer it goes on i just cant see it or surely they would of announced it before today's game.

I am fully expecting Radio Stoke say tonight that they can see Kennedy sat next to Carol and DF

Cheap version so you get say 150 grand a year for a managing a football team I'd say that's a extortionate version .

No more than 64 grand a year I'd be giving I work permanent nights for 32 grand a year .

All he's got do is tell them do there jobs properly be buzzing if they do be livid if they don't .

Rather us get two freebie strikers in and a low paid manager mesen who can get his money made up win bonuses etc .

How much money do folk think a club who's strugging get .

21 minutes ago, Armers4eng said:

Yeah I wondered this my complete guess is

Cheap 150,000

Premium 300,000

I’d heard Aspin under Smurfwaite was on about £45k per year! 

I think even Adams never got much more than £100k 

So I’m sure the cheap option can be much cheaper! 

Archived