onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

3 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Screaming into the void, like his predecessors Breadwinner and VFIA. I think it's part performance art installation, part unhinged anti-Nathan Smith agenda.

And don’t forgot a sprinkle of bizarre formations and starting line ups… 

Advert

10 minutes ago, Osh said:

Question: so, if flickers gets in a good manager and also goes out and gets someone like Deeney (NO, @Brian Johnson not as manager! 🤣) as a temporary striker, and we stay up - then we bring in, say, a Michael Smith as a perm, do you still want him gone.  Even after he's got us into Spurs, Shef U, Liverpool, United for loan players....

Just a question.

I think this next manager appointment & where we end come May is the deciding factor in that question mate. Gets this one wrong & he has to go for me. Gets a decent manager in who keeps us up then more than happy give him more time. But like you say recruitment has to improve mate & he needs to face the music. That’s what gets me back on his side right now stop being a coward, come out & face us. Own up to what’s gone wrong etc & just be honest 👍🏻 

2 minutes ago, Osh said:

Question: so, if flickers gets in a good manager and also goes out and gets someone like Deeney (NO, @Brian Johnson not as manager! 🤣) as a temporary striker, and we stay up - then we bring in, say, a Michael Smith as a perm, do you still want him gone.  Even after he's got us into Spurs, Shef U, Liverpool, United for loan players....

Just a question.

He needs to pull a DC kind of rabbit out of the bag to give him  1oz of a chance of support back with the Vale fans but apart from Darren Moore (that is never ever going to happen) the list of managers we are being linked with are uninspiring & that is testament to how far the club have fallen under Flickers since January 2023.

Make me or or even you a Director of Football for Port Vale and we could bring in players on loan from any Premier League club.

We have no goals in the side, we have now gone 3 games without scoring a goal, we are in a relegation spot which is all down to Flickers for his poor recruitment.

The boys from Liverpool and Manchester Utd have done well haven't they ?

10 minutes ago, Osh said:

Just a question.

He might well sign Deeney, he would come but wont be able to play because he is not match fit and wont be untill Cambridge at home last game of season.

7 minutes ago, davehartshill said:

His formations and starting line ups may be bizarre, but they may well have picked up more points than we have done recently 😉

As for the new manager, seems like there's one or two names most on here seem reasonably happy with and more than one or two who most would be appalled at. 

For me, whoever it is, we ALL need to get right behind him/her/them, 18 games will pass very very quickly and if we don't gain points soon it's going to get very nervy.

Forget Flitcroft, this is a fight for our League One survival and the manager and players need our full support from day one (hopefully that's today). Any beef fans have with our DOF should be another matter, what matters most is winning football games.  

1 hour ago, Raveninblack said:

Would be happy with Moore but  I still have extremely deep misgivings over Flitcroft as he has been signing the players and they aren’t up to scratch loft is awful jones should move on and I doubt we will see ikpaezo again and that she be seen as the reason why we are going down and Cato should smell the coffee and  that is why we are going to be relegated with a loss of season ticket sales and television rights..worrying times so Carol please listen to the protests

Carol sorry

I’m not defending him who I refuse to mention but any players we sign must be ones that the manager says that they want, surely.

Does anyone actually know exactly who or how many ppl we’re interviewing for the managers job. So far I’m glad we haven’t had a knee jerk reaction and installed a manager already. Perhaps we’re using my due due diligence which I’m pleased about.

17 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Elaborate please. 

33 minutes ago, davehartshill said:

My favourites are his 13 man starting 11 formations 😍😍😍😍

My apologies for slightly off topic but for anyone not understanding the DOF role I would urge you to listen to Les Ferdinand on the Up Front podcast. Excellent listen and really good debate with his insight into the role of a DOF and the optics of what success look like.

Listening only reinforced my view for improved communication by Vale as to why's, what's and therefore's to provide fans with a greater understanding.

Fingers crossed for Darren Moore announcement, I must admit I will feel extremely deflated if its Bonner or Kennedy.

We are stuck between a rock and a hard place really. If we get the right manager for now and stay up we are probably stuck with Flitcroft for another season. Mind you I am not sure he would get the push even if we got relegated but you would like to think so.

12 hours ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Darren Moore has come in to 7/4 second favourite.

Kennedy is still favourite, though has gone out a bit to 4/5.

Bonner is third in the odds at 4/1.

I posted days ago that Moore 

Would be a great appointment

I'd be ecstatic if he gets the job

Gets his teams playing attacking footy

And comes across as a no nonsense type 

Archived