onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

12 minutes ago, Chris123344566 said:

Any chance of a new manager before Saturday what do we all think.  

filtcroft out 🤫

My guess will be that Kennedy is announced tomorrow but the other lads will take the game saturday but he will be there

Advert

12 minutes ago, Chris123344566 said:

Any chance of a new manager before Saturday what do we all think.  

filtcroft out 🤫

Just now, Packmoor_vale said:

Ain’t them stats for Crosby a bit dodgy as he was only good when he had Murray with him with 9 wins in 17 

After that it’s pretty poor 

kenneday won more than he lost with Lincoln 

Someone posted his league positions with Lincoln were decent better than Crosbys 

Im just sitting on the fence 

I'm not sitting on the fence you get splinters 

We need an experienced manager in 🙄

1 minute ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Kennedy's record at Macclesfield is appaling...albeit he was only there for 15 games

The Lincoln record isn't great either/ Average of just over one goal per match managed

How did he go from that record at Macc to Lincoln in Lg1. Was he a coach at Lincoln and they took a punt on him?

3 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Kennedy's record at Macclesfield is appaling...albeit he was only there for 15 games

The Lincoln record isn't great either/ Average of just over one goal per match managed

If Kennedy is announced . 

It's a kick in the  bollo##s to the fans 

I'll be getting my black & gold scarf ready 

2 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Fans are fuming over piss poor results,  performances , piss poor recruitment & being told to not criticise Flitcroft who's 

hoodwinked carol but she can't see it .

That's why we are moaning basically 

To be fair to Carol she did outline what his targets were and how he had hit them. My main problem with the endless Flitcroft bashing is that people criticising aren't willing to add any balance by saying he had brought in two of the best midfielders we have seen in Burslem for a couple of decades and the players that Crosby was given should have had a higher points return which sits with Crosby.

When we had a good run in August after the opening day massacre, Crosby and the players get the credit but it's only when things start to slide south that Flitcroft's name starts to get mentioned. The guy put together a promotion winning squad, it's clear that fans don't like having a DoF as nothing he will do will ever be good enough.

I'm under no illusions, the transfer windows have been lacking, fell short with the strikers, but we conceded 3 against a then bottom of the league side last weekend and Flitcroft was to blame for that too and nobody knows what budget he has to work with. All speculation as fact.

Of course he is open to criticism, because I'm sure that is what people will reply with, he absolutely is, but the level of personal attacks, the name-calling (clitcroft, ffs). Online obviously though, nobody seems to turn up at the supporters meeting and confronts him. It's all just very juvenile and makes it difficult to take some people seriously.

Mistakes were made with the Crosby appointment - 100%. The season isn't over though, let's see what the new coach does.

This isn't a Shanahan burner account, honest.

21 minutes ago, Rocky said:

To be fair to Carol she did outline what his targets were and how he had hit them. My main problem with the endless Flitcroft bashing is that people criticising aren't willing to add any balance by saying he had brought in two of the best midfielders we have seen in Burslem for a couple of decades and the players that Crosby was given should have had a higher points return which sits with Crosby.

When we had a good run in August after the opening day massacre, Crosby and the players get the credit but it's only when things start to slide south that Flitcroft's name starts to get mentioned. The guy put together a promotion winning squad, it's clear that fans don't like having a DoF as nothing he will do will ever be good enough.

I'm under no illusions, the transfer windows have been lacking, fell short with the strikers, but we conceded 3 against a then bottom of the league side last weekend and Flitcroft was to blame for that too and nobody knows what budget he has to work with. All speculation as fact.

Of course he is open to criticism, because I'm sure that is what people will reply with, he absolutely is, but the level of personal attacks, the name-calling (clitcroft, ffs). Online obviously though, nobody seems to turn up at the supporters meeting and confronts him. It's all just very juvenile and makes it difficult to take some people seriously.

Mistakes were made with the Crosby appointment - 100%. The season isn't over though, let's see what the new coach does.

The positives are outlined by Carol in the letter tho. Some that are ridiculous I don’t for one minute mate believe the cup run was an objective at the start of the season. that’s been added to praise him more. It’s the lack of responsibility from the pair of them that’s frustrated me more than anything. And if he come out himself & owned what he’s got wrong I for sure & I think many more would have more respect for the bloke. Clitcroft 😭 not heard that one yet! He’s done a lot of good stuff but needs to be held accountable for the bad stuff which I don’t feel he has whether that’s by himself facing upto it or Carol not defending him so much in the letter 

13 minutes ago, Rocky said:

We spent too much money on his watch in the promotion season which is why we had to appoint Crosby and couldn't recruit as many of the required players for the following seasons. That is down to him surely.

5 hours ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

On the latest Ale and The Vale they say that Kennedy has ruled himself out - but don't say where they have had this from?

After watching us on Tuesday, who could blame him? Just hope they are right - he'd be another very uninspiring appointment. After Rudge, we have only ever had success when we've appointed a proven manager with a successful track record - Horton, Adams and Clarke. Kennedy looks to me almost like a clone of Crosby - former coach and inexperienced as a manager.

So, please, please, Vale - after the last twelve months or so, can we have some one who's going to get us out of our seats?

21 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

How did he go from that record at Macc to Lincoln in Lg1. Was he a coach at Lincoln and they took a punt on him?

We could also question how Flitcroft landed himself a DOF job after the disaster at Bury.

Sometimes I think some appointments are absolutely ridiculous.

Archived