onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

What are peoples thoughts regarding the new gaffer? Do we get one in asap & try to pick this team up along with some points or take a bit of time to make sure we get the right man in? It’s a difficult one as we don’t have time to hang around based on our league position & run of form but we need a reaction fast. For me I’d like someone in before the weekend but I can see why we also don’t want to rush the appointment. What a predicament! Thoughts? 

Advert

Just now, werstayinup said:

I wonder how the fanbase will react when/if Kennedy is announced

It would seem a lazy appointment for me when for once there a lot of decent managers out there or at clubs,they have to get this right or it is going to massively backfire on Carol for her loyalty to DF,lets hope he is as loyal to her

You are right but I doubt he has loyalty to anything other than his wallet 

3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

It would seem a lazy appointment for me when for once there a lot of decent managers out there or at clubs,they have to get this right or it is going to massively backfire on Carol for her loyalty to DF,lets hope he is as loyal to her

I will not be happy! Previous jobs are 8 months at Macclesfield Town & a 12 month stint at Lincoln where he was sacked & fans wanted him gone long before he was given his marching orders. He’s pretty much just another coach for me 

3 minutes ago, Vtid said:

I will not be happy! Previous jobs are 8 months at Macclesfield Town & a 12 month stint at Lincoln where he was sacked & fans wanted him gone long before he was given his marching orders. He’s pretty much just another coach for me 

That's the very type DF wants..... a coach

Whoever is chosen some fans ain't going like it 

I'd say get on with it 

I reckon they already got who they want .

Couldn't care less who he is personally .

As a manager you only as good as your team .

Everyone knows that money buys success generally .

Unless your Stoke then it doesn't which is weird as you think playing for one of 100 richest people in England would be, well paid job which should make every player want to get the win 365 bonuses .

So sometimes you can succeed with nothing 

Anyway enough of that rambling announce the new man I wish him luck he will need it .

UTV 

7 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

An even worse record than AC, so pretty <ovf censored> angry I'll be honest.

1 minute ago, Devine intervention said:

I'd say get on with it 

Unless your Stoke then it doesn't which is weird as you think playing for one of 100 richest people in England would be, well paid job which should make every player want to get the win 365 bonuses .

Anyway enough of that rambling announce the new man I wish him luck he will need it .

UTV 

My personal thoughts on this are that despite the going through a proper interview process this time(like they have said),i think they had their man on Tuesday.

Personally i hope i am way off but i will be surprised

8 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

I'd say get on with it 

UTV 

Couldn’t care less who the manager is!!! I told you to stay off that chimp powder it’s no good for you 🤦‍♂️ 

My big issue will be if it is kennedy,how can they justify giving such a massive task/critical job of keeping us in League One to another inexperienced manager who has managed 83 games and has worse stats than AC because that will be a very interesting reply

Mark Kennedy quote “We were too expansive, to win games you have to be hard to beat. We tightened up. I didn’t want us to be a team with 700 passes and the two centre halves have 400 between them. I think I’ve brought a realism — we play in League One and sometimes a game will look League One. But the philosophy has to be around playing football and possession-based. We’re not going to whack the ball from back to front. But you don’t need 83 per cent possession.”Mark Kennedy quote “We were too expansive, to win games you have to be hard to beat. We tightened up. I didn’t want us to be a team with 700 passes and the two centre halves have 400 between them. I think I’ve brought a realism — we play in League One and sometimes a game will look League One. But the philosophy has to be around playing football and possession-based. We’re not going to whack the ball from back to front. But you don’t need 83 per cent possession.”“I’m not massive on systems,” Kennedy says. “This season we’ve played 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 3-4-3 and my preferred system is probably 5-3-2

Archived