onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

Advert

Osh, you say I have no self control. I rarely comment on here but do comment on stuff I know about. Followed Vale for 55yrs and will continue to do so. If your happy with Flitcroft taking the club for a ride good for you. I hope he does succeed because that means Vale are doing well. Not much evidence of that is their ?

7 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Think thats unfair on ryder tbh, they may have already been at the club however hes still had to help develop them to become part of the first team.

There are players around the first team who he wanted to release but now take plaudits for it.

1 minute ago, Alfie1962 said:

Osh, you say I have no self control. I rarely comment on here but do comment on stuff I know about. Followed Vale for 55yrs and will continue to do so. If your happy with Flitcroft taking the club for a ride good for you. I hope he does succeed because that means Vale are doing well. Not much evidence of that is their ?

We can tell u don’t come on here much if u think people are happy with flitcroft 

41 minutes ago, rayzer said:

I can't believe we are putting someone else in the firing line tonight. Ryder's youth team have just lost the last five games in a row, so he should feel right at home tonight.

There is only one person who should be in the dugout and that is Failcroft. He got us in this mess and should be the one to try to get us out of it.

Before people come out and say he is the DOF and should leave the managing of the team to someone else. remember that his first conversation with Carol was about the manager's job but talked her into giving him a much bigger role after blinding her with his bullcrap.

Wake up Carol and do not get taken in by more of his rubbish. The best thing he has done is bringing Clarke in. You have a legacy with Vale fans at the moment, please don't lose it.

"All aboard the good ship Port Vale whilst we enter choppy waters yet again" Hope we don't get battered tonight. There will be loads of people running to find a toilet (portaloo), either that or chasing DF and/ or officials! Madness....Hope the scanners work on the way in!

19 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

We can tell u don’t come on here much if u think people are happy with flitcroft 

Didn't say i don't come on often  said don't post often. And by some comments to me some are happy with Flitcroft.

5 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

maybe the academy team is out of form because so many of them are in the first team squad?

Good point, but some played against Burton in the FA youth Cup which we lost. Like I said earlier the pathway to the first team is a lot better than previously.

7 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

maybe the academy team is out of form because so many of them are in the first team squad?

Yes this is very ture. Ive also heard that Walters and brazier have refused to sign fresh contracts because they want more game time.

I really get frustrated when I can't succinctly articulate why I dislike a particular person and this is currently the case with Flitcroft.

Maybe it's his Teflon coated position that grates on me, whereby he can ride out any storm, with his ready made fall guy in the form of his puppet of a first team coach. 

Maybe it's his smoke and mirrors, matrix process that says everything and delivers little.

Perhaps it's his absolutely abysmal performance in the January transfer windows. Frustratingly he knows we need some decent nogger players at our club but is evidently risking our league 1 status by failing to get them.

If we can see past this narcissistic monstink then I'm sure those within the world of lower league football will, I have a feeling that the pool of applicants will be more of a small puddle.

Am I misjudging the poor man?

Good thread on Twitter, suggesting potential replacements:

Dino Maamria

Mark Bonner

Nathan Rooney

Gary Bowyer

Dean Whitehead

Will Ryder

I think Bonner is the sneakily good pick here. He just reached the end of his time with Cambridge. 3.5 years, 200+ games. Sometimes it just ends.

Enough experience at this level to suggest he won't be a disaster, but only 38 so also a view to the long-term. He can overperform a tight budget.

1 hour ago, The man in the pub said:

No fan of DF but he has the experience of managing a team at this level and bearing in mind the lateness of events he should step in short term. The Academy guys have done a great job bringing through new talent but this is way beyond their paygrade, even more so considering the circumstances. Whatever the result tonight it will be no reflection on them just feel that this shows that when it matters DF is all talk and is a bottler. He should be leading from the front. Not sure how much of the game he will actually  see tonight hiding behind Carols skirt.

There's no way that DF would put himself in the firing line for this game. Any more mistakes and he's gone, so fronting up this crucial game is out of the question. This is all about self-preservation.

Archived