onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - 20th Feb

geoff1

5 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

Were basically going lose a game tonight that shouldn't have even had to be replayed. Reading have had no punishment for what they did getting that game abandoned intact it has benefitted them as they have pulled out the bottom 4, whereas for us it's worse as we're on a poor run, depleted squad and now in the bottom 4. Reading are basically going stay up despite them not being able afford pay the wages or be run properly at the expense of a club being run within there means.

they have a suspended five point ban which will be enacted if they do it again but tonight’s protest will be outside the stadium 

Advert

1 hour ago, Devine intervention said:

Any manager worth is money would watch sat and straight away the third goal watch it and go the two culprits of that going in our net won't be playing tonight in fact the lack of commitment in which that goal was scored said it  all for me and on my opinion they should never play for the club again the second goal was bad enough a man a footballer turning his back on the ball the third well some folks will say great goal me I'd say whys your CENTRE HALF lying on the floor and the other incumbent slipping at such a bad time 

You cannot have people playing for the club who do just for a wage .

These are people who are going be judged by thousands of onlookers watching them .

I've seen so much of these ridiculous goals going in Vales net over the years , that to continue picking players cause they head a ball is ridiculous .

I'm going try enjoy the remaining games (home)then unless I see a team who on the pitch represents my heart my love for Port Vale im not going bother going anymore just pick and choose go on whether we have players leaving everything on the pitch not looking like they couldn't care less and playing like they couldn't care less also which is terrible to me and a form of fraud .

UTV 

Come on mate now is the time for one your passionate get behind the lads, run through brick walls for the manager etc. kind of posts.

Turn posters from 'Negative Nancy's' to 'Positive Pamela's' with hope, energy and enthusiasm.

1 result changes everything. Tonight it changes.

Edited by MBE
  • Like 4

Come on mate now is the time for one your passionate get behind the lads, run through brick walls for the manager etc. kind of posts.
Turn posters from 'Negative Nancy's' to 'Positive Pamela's' with hope, energy and enthusiasm.
1 result changes everything. Tonight it changes.

Or in our Loftys case 'enthusiastic Ethel'
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

Or in our Loftys case 'enthusiastic Ethel' emoji12.png

Do you know what if Darrell could get Theo Robinson to score a goal to save us from relegation I believe in miracles.

Come on Enthusiastic Ethel !!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, nodge said:

They did it last year against Barnsley and previously against Colchester, so I suspect they budgeted for it and chose to use it on this game for Moore's arrival.

Suppose so mate 👍🏻 don’t mention the budgeting word 😂

• Like 1

The formation with 3 at the back allows players not to take responsibility if a cross comes in its wing backs fault for not cutting out the cross but usually there's no more than 2 strikers in the box 1 in some cases yet the amount if times the one scores well it says it all .

The amount of times players are running beyond our 3 also well it doesn't work as you asking wing half's play defensive roles they quite frankly are incapable of doing so it's madness we have to find a better formation or pay for  a better 3 at the back for one you need one of them have pace in abundance Debrah but he struggles play a full game .

What I want see tonight is what did we learn from sat .

Did we learn that dropping deep after our first goal was a good thing 

Answer no it wasn't it was absolutely ludicrous 

What else did we learn 

Did we learn that the best form of defence  is attack 

Answer YES and always will be .

The last 15 months for our superb support has been appalling .

If Darren Moore can get a tune out of 20 out of 22 man squad then we have a chance .

If not its back to league 2 .

I think he can .

Not going judge him for a good 10 games as he will still be learning about the players .

He dis pick up on something which is a WEAK mentality amongst the players.

In order for Vale to survive the mentality needs changing on and off the pitch .

Fans saying going lose all the time well to me that gives the players a excuse 

Oh none of our fans expected us win anyway .

Well players all the more reason shut them up and WIN the game and WIN there hearts back 

2 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

I think Moore will change the system tonight:

I thought you said DF was in charge of the system and any manager we have would have to be a nodding dog to DF? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

they have a suspended five point ban which will be enacted if they do it again but tonight’s protest will be outside the stadium 

Hypothetically question, last game of the season. Vale, or another team facing the drop. A group of ppl decide to go to the Reading game for the sole purpose of invading the pitch to activate Reading's points deduction & secure survival for their own team.

I'm not saying this would happen, but stranger things have gone on in football.

How does the EFL work that one out?

4 minutes ago, WV said:

I thought you said DF was in charge of the system and any manager we have would have to be a nodding dog to DF? 

I have never, ever said that WV. You've got me mistaken, I'm afraid!

I think Flitcroft signs players to fit a 352, but I'm not of the belief he mandates a certain system is played. I don't think he involves himself on a game-by-game basis.

Edited by JoeB2

Just now, JoeB2 said:

I have never, ever said that WV. You've got me mistaken, I'm afraid!

Sorry mustn’t have been you. The general consensus on here seemed to be that the system was down to DF and any new manager would have to play that system. DM looking likely to prove that to be the conjecture it is. (<ovf censored>) 

• Like 1

we havent learned from our mistakes nearly all season  managers keep saying the will but sod all happens !!im on a flight to south africa tonight so will be watching it on i follow for my sins !! got me VALE top on already at man air !! UTFV

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tim vlf said:

we havent learned from our mistakes nearly all season  managers keep saying the will but sod all happens !!im on a flight to south africa tonight so will be watching it on i follow for my sins !! got me VALE top on already at man air !! UTFV

They’ll question your sanity wearing that and won’t let you fly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Prioritise the season ticket holders & sod everyone else. My point being it should have been made to anyone purchasing a ticket if they want boost the numbers 
No one will be buying a ticket as their season ticket holding mates will get it on their behalf at no benefit to themselves.
  • Like 1