onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Leyton Orient (H) match thread 6th Feb

Fosse69

Advert

2 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

End of the day mate he is our player and we are going need him to somehow score a few goals fans support will only help can u imagine what he reads on social media

U cant fault his effort last night just a shame the attempted volley made him look stupid 🙈

I aren't going to boo him or nothing, he doesn't need that. It's not his fault Port Vale have signed him and play him when he's no where near the level required. He's at work and out of his depth. Not a nice place to be. 

The football club is to blame for him and one man in particular who pursued him for 2 years (paraphrasing but our DoFs words essentially)

The big problem for me isnt Loft. I knew he was no good. It's not a surprise and so I had no expectation that anything good will come from him. My hope was the fact we had Wilson and he will come good and score a few. He does not look interested at all. 

First thing a new manager has to do for me is change the system.

Why we are playing wing backs when we don't have a player capable of playing wing back is beyond me. 

Why don't we tackle? We're being outplayed and we don't look interested. My reaction would be to stick a big tackle in on someone and get people going a bit. We just shadow people. Too nice. Just smash someone and get everyone up. That's all it takes to change at atmosphere. 

11 hours ago, Bimbleabout said:

Dunn slithering off like a coward and not taking any responsibility, leaving a vital game to the acadamy trainers with a few hours to try and get their heads around it and mobilise a team devoid of anything to try and play.
They were obviously directed by the dictator on how to play.
The same playstyle that has lead to this ridiculous situation. It's just embarrassing.
Loft injured. We now have a 16 Yr old up front. And Wilson. Wilson the great, who has literally given up from the looks of it, but we have to play him as we don't, really don't, have anybody else.
Flitcroft the coward no where to be seen.
Carol gone off radar. No communication on what on earth is going on and where we go.
All abit pointless getting promoted to end up where we are.
Can't wait to see how we get on with Flitcrofts footballing masterclass and vision in league 2.
His arrogance is off the scale.

Crosby was sacked on Monday and Tuesday was match day so whether df decided the formation or the academy staff decided it is moot there was absolutely no time to change formation and tactics anyway. df is a useless parasite but he isn't stupid even he must know that to survive we may have to change the way we play but actually doing that considering the number of games this month will not be easy and I don't think the academy staff will do much more than try to keep things together until the new manager comes in. Carol has left it too late we will just have to hope we get a new manager in quickly and that he can pull a rabbit out of the hat. All we can do is make some noise and support the players.

7 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Loft might be okay in League Two, which is where we'll be next season, and he's contracted for next season. Get behind the lad, he tries.

I'm sorry but that isn't enough. It just isn't. 

He's a 26 year old striker yet has a lower career league goal tally than centre half Nathan Smith.

Flitcroft should go for his signing alone, letting Harrison leave and supposedly paying money for Loft after "chasing him all summer."

1 minute ago, Doha said:

I'm sorry but that isn't enough. It just isn't. 

He's a 26 year old striker yet has a lower career league goal tally than centre half Nathan Smith.

Flitcroft should go for his signing alone, letting Harrison leave and supposedly paying money for Loft after "chasing him all summer."

Was it my imagination or was there an analyst in the early days who left the club for somewhere bigger?

Certainly the strategy changed from signing undervalued gems like Ben Garrity to hoping Premier League loanees like Dan Gore will do the business for us.

I wonder if that's partly because we no longer have the capability to identify talent ourselves.

11 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

This is all feels too similar. I'm not even angry or sad about it anymore. For the first time in my 25 years of supporting vale , I feel so disinterested, deflated and detached from this club that I would once religiously watch home and away every season. 

I have no idea where we go from here but I just pray we somehow make a decent appointment and survive the season and for me personally a well needed break from football. 

It's starting to feel toxic again, and after the last few years, I don't think I have the energy to go through all that emotion again. 

And before someone goes at me about how Carol saved the club. I'm fully aware and appreciate it and everything they have done but being a vale fan is so exhausting lately 

In your 25 years of supporting the Vale how did you feel about the Smurf times...??

I remember them quite clearly; for me they were a hundred times worse.

3 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

At the fans forum, only 2 weeks ago (2 weeks is a long time in football), Carol had a bit of a dig at the fans that were having ago at Flickers on social media. Saying that it really hurts her to read that kind of stuff.

I wonder what she is thinking now after last nights chanting if just a bit of social media mockering was enough to get her going

If you were her wou;dnt you put the club up for sale..??  The hate she's getting right now...

4 minutes ago, Osh said:

In your 25 years of supporting the Vale how did you feel about the Smurf times...??

I remember them quite clearly; for me they were a hundred times worse.

They were indeed much worse, though at least it was an entertaining soap opera. Though Flitcroft's striker debacle, bust up with Crosby, then putting three academy coaches in temporary charge is peak-Smurth banter levels of club management 

1 minute ago, Osh said:

If you were her wou;dnt you put the club up for sale..??  The hate she's getting right now...

Yes & no.

To get upset over comments over someone who is having her pants down & having a pop at the fans is wrong because you need thick skin owning a football league club.

But, she is a very clever woman and I'm sure she will now start looking deep at things, make the rights decisions for both the club & it's supporters, and then everyone can move on from this & become a united unit again like were 2 years ago.

3 hours ago, Walter said:

First thing a new manager has to do for me is change the system.

Why we are playing wing backs when we don't have a player capable of playing wing back is beyond me. 

Why don't we tackle? We're being outplayed and we don't look interested. My reaction would be to stick a big tackle in on someone and get people going a bit. We just shadow people. Too nice. Just smash someone and get everyone up. That's all it takes to change at atmosphere. 

The wing back system has been annoying me all season, WE HAVE NO WING BACKS, sorry for shouting but I said I was annoyed. For me this team screams 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1

we need plant back though but I heard he was close so:

Ripley

Plant Debrah Lopata Jones

Massey Ojo (capt) Shorrock

Wilson Chislett

Mighten

subs smith Dipepa yak weir grant loft sang etc

Now there are at least two/three players there that I would have got rid of last summer and still a few out of position but with no full backs at the club and no striker its the best I can come up with utilising the players we have available. I think that at the very least that team and formation has pace strength and a threat up top. I considered weir instead of massey but Ive not been impressed with weir so far and massey does his best work higher up the pitch so Ive given him chance number 1327 

I considered yak and jones on the left to provide balance and I initially forgot all about sang so I have now considered him instead of massey for his crossing ability but to be honest sang infuriates me because he is a wimp. Our grandkids put tougher tackles in than he does.

16 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Yes & no.

To get upset over comments over someone who is having her pants down & having a pop at the fans is wrong because you need thick skin owning a football league club.

But, she is a very clever woman and I'm sure she will now start looking deep at things, make the rights decisions for both the club & it's supporters, and then everyone can move on from this & become a united unit again like were 2 years ago.

It’s like Stockholm syndrome

Archived