onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Leyton Orient (H) match thread 6th Feb

Fosse69

I was thinking about Smith and his downturn in form. I wonder if its because his mate Conlon had been basically excluded from the squad and then released. He has never been a skilful centre back but always played with plenty of heart and passion. That seems to be missing from his game this season.

Advert

9 minutes ago, mbycars said:

I was thinking about Smith and his downturn in form. I wonder if its because his mate Conlon had been basically excluded from the squad and then released. He has never been a skilful centre back but always played with plenty of heart and passion. That seems to be missing from his game this season.

Surely not mate. He's a grown man and supposed leader. Shouldn't be sulking because his buddy was sent to Coventry. 

13 minutes ago, mbycars said:

Also being made Captain.  He seems to have got worse since then, but mix that with not being in his best position.  

See what tonight brings with a different person picking the team.

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Surely not mate. He's a grown man and supposed leader. Shouldn't be sulking because his buddy was sent to Coventry. 

He shouldn't no, but he's also only human and things like that affect people.

12 minutes ago, mbycars said:

I genuinely believe Smudger has simply got slower over time. He's lost his usual "bullying and fighting" style of play we all loved in the past. Coupled with the "extra" burden recently of being the centre of all passing/ creativity from the back then we have to accept he is not the player of old.

2 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Also being made Captain.  He seems to have got worse since then, but mix that with not being in his best position.  

See what tonight brings with a different person picking the team.

Not really sure about not playing in his best position. Over the years he has played all over the back 4 and never really let us down. This year he seems to have lost that passion to win the ball either in the air or on the ground.

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

I think the fans who attend the match tonight ought to learn the song by   ELO   Don't bring me down [flickers] and sing it loud and proud at the man who is really responsible for this shambles.In fact it is really word perfect because in the third verse of the song it mentions a snake in the grass .Only my opinion which i think i'm entitled to after supporting my team for nearly 70 years now please do not be afraid of showing your feelings for our club tonight PVFC forever.

Bloody keep reading over last few days folk saying they ain't going on social media 

You do realise Vale do this every season I'd have never have gone a game in 32 years I've been going if I went a game and didn't at some point go what the hell was that. 

I've done it on at least five occasions this season already Cheltenham where I was so angry ,Middlesborough where I thought what's this we are so lame ,Derby at home a nothing display ,Portsmouth the other week a complete waste of my time ,Bolton first half ,Barnsley first half .

So many occasions where I thought after game what am I doing here this is so rubbish but its my rubbish and I LOVE it  including N Smith so tonight I want see some love coming back at us .

Nothing more say than you cannot just support a club when you winning promotion you got support it in its hour of need .

So my rallying call is get yourselves up to VP  and support the team you say your love well show it ..

UTV 

Archived