onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who’s to blame?

Powerline

Advert

On who’s to blame. 
Root cause is V2001 and Fat Boy Norm. 
If they had maintained the ground properly the current incumbents wouldn’t have had to spend so much money. 
Swapping the Bycars has cost £50k at least in lost revenue 

Employing someone as a DOF without an open competition was a mistake.

Not signing forwards was plain stupidity 

Everything else is conjecture 

I think broadly speaking of course it is the owners. They have ultimate responsibility. Who hired Flitcroft? Who hired Crosby? 

I also remember one of the joys of their ownership was the promise that every penny the club generated would go into the club. If it is, it certainly isn’t going on quality players 

Some hysterical overreaction upthread and some totally unfair criticism of Carol. Not sure how she can be blamed for a collapsed drain or that she should be criticised for forming stronger links with one of the most famous men in Britain. If she only invited "her clique", well after putting millions of her own cash in to the club, I don't really give a <ovf censored>. Yes, she needs to <ovf censored> Flitcroft off but some of the other stuff going her way is well out of order. Some real cry babies on here. 

46 minutes ago, JohnJames said:

On who’s to blame. 
Root cause is V2001 and Fat Boy Norm. 
If they had maintained the ground properly the current incumbents wouldn’t have had to spend so much money. 
Swapping the Bycars has cost £50k at least in lost revenue 

Employing someone as a DOF without an open competition was a mistake.

Not signing forwards was plain stupidity 

Everything else is conjecture 

I blame Singer and McPherson. 

3 hours ago, nodge said:

100%, having a sit down with Rudgie to get his honest thoughts should be her first meeting tomorrow

I spoke to JR in a pub about six weeks ago. He told me what we all know AC is a nice bloke so I don’t think he’ll be suggesting the sack. JR shouldn’t be put in that position Carol should take responsibility.

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Some hysterical overreaction upthread and some totally unfair criticism of Carol. Not sure how she can be blamed for a collapsed drain or that she should be criticised for forming stronger links with one of the most famous men in Britain. If she only invited "her clique", well after putting millions of her own cash in to the club, I don't really give a <ovf censored>. Yes, she needs to <ovf censored> Flitcroft off but some of the other stuff going her way is well out of order. Some real cry babies on here. 

Ultimately it doesn't matter if she formed a good connection with Robbie if he doesn't start properly investing in the club. All I've seen is him get given a job that probably is even one of his top priorities and he probably just thinks is a fancy title. Don't get me wrong I like Robbie but he isn't as important as the manager and director of football if he isn't contributing. I say that about the manager and director of football, dont worry ill get onto them in a min. Carol has done alot of good to the club but with fans speaking there mind she is starting to distance herself without realising its one of the big problems. If df and ac have a plan I hope it works, but then again I've been saying it for 4 months or something now. If we lose on Tuesday Crosby definitely will have to go as much as I like the guy and maybe even df but I can't see it happening unless rudge says something to Carol. 

At the end of the day we want to get up to the championship. We don't have the money to go splashing cash. So the youth development and bringing loans in makes complete sense.

It's just not working because of the tactics on the pitch and a mixture of other things.

honestly just gonna wait and see.

3 hours ago, Tamworth said:

As has been mentioned, there's plenty of blame to go around here.

The DOF is a charlatan and if he's still here at the end of the Season then I for one will be speechless. We simply don't have a competitive squad. 

Crosby is completely out of his depth as Manager, even acknowledging the weakened bench courtesy of Flitcroft and Carol, his selections and in-game strategy make no sense, as yesterday's events demonstrate.

That said, ultimately Carol and familly have to take responsibility for their funding priorities , for the hiring of the DOF and jointly with the DOF, for the Manager. As to the funding choices, when you are bumping along at the bottom of the Division, you simply can't be spending big on infrastructure as we presently are. Also, you don't have to be a footballing genius to know that relying on loaners and everyone else's cast-offs is a very high risk strategy, one that is clearly killing us this season.

It's hard to see how we could be in a worse situaton on the pitch and I'd gladly trade the posh facilities we've put in place for the prawn cocktail brigade for some attention to what should be everyone's priority.

Get the Tamworth Spud Man in the fan zone, with us on a hefty percentage of sales....we'll have Dwight Gayle's wages within an hour. 

13 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Ultimately it doesn't matter if she formed a good connection with Robbie if he doesn't start properly investing in the club. All I've seen is him get given a job that probably is even one of his top priorities and he probably just thinks is a fancy title. 

It's a total non-issue. An irrelevance. 

3 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

It's a total non-issue. An irrelevance. 

Ye I don't know why people are bringing Robbie into it. He's not invested in the club much yet so this mess isn't to do with him.

Archived