onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wycombe (H) match thread - 20th Jan

robf

Whether we like it or not, Loft is signed up for 2 years. He needs a run of games like Uche has had to try & find some fitness & form.

I'm not saying I rate him, but based on us seeing enough in him to give him a 2 x year deal, he has to now start games if Uche leaves as is looking likely.

Advert

Gutted If Uche goes 

However, and I agree with Osh here - (usually my first mistake😍😍😍😍) if Lofty plays for a run of games, shows the commitment that he has done in the last few sub appearances and bags a couple of goals, we will love him to bits. 👍👍👍 

1 hour ago, robf said:

If Ikpeazu goes and Vale don't have an immediate replacement lined up, is it in the clubs interests to erm, accidentally leave some of the covers off?

Gives us a few more days to get a replacement in. 

That's a bit sneaky , Rob 😆👍

On 16/01/2024 at 18:00, Trumpingtonvale said:

Don’t they cover the pitch to help prevent it freezing?  Supposed to be warming up on Friday being a balmy 5C by midday on Saturday.🏖️🥵

Frost covers are next to useless. Four days hard frost, one day thawing so I will be surprised if it survives. Ice is 3” thick as of Thursday lunch on the local canals!. Nearby ground is rock hard.

1 minute ago, Phil500 said:

Frost covers are next to useless. Four days hard frost, one day thawing so I will be surprised if it survives. Ice is 3” thick as of Thursday lunch on the local canals!. Nearby ground is rock hard.

Exeter have an inspection tomorrow at 2pm despite it being forecast 8c on Saturday, EFL have advised them to do it Friday due to travelling being done by Cambridge.

2 hours ago, Hoppers said:

Gutted If Uche goes 

However, and I agree wish Osh here - (usually my first mistake😍😍😍😍) if Lofty plays for a run of games, shows the commitment that he has done in the last few sub appearances and bags a couple of goals, we will love him to bits. 👍👍👍 

Nothing is his career suggests he will do such a thing though. Hoping is one thing but people all should be realistic. Him perhaps starting a few games for us only shows how desperate we are for some quality at that end of the pitch. Bristol Rovers fans warned us he was woeful, and they were spot on.

Osh would be giddy if we had Tinky Winky and Dipsy up front for us.

1 hour ago, Valiiant said:

Nothing is his career suggests he will do such a thing though. Hoping is one thing but people all should be realistic. Him perhaps starting a few games for us only shows how desperate we are for some quality at that end of the pitch. Bristol Rovers fans warned us he was woeful, and they were spot on.

Osh would be giddy if we had Tinky Winky and Dipsy up front for us.

More goals and appearances than the legendary James Wilson last season, just saying...

Just now, Rampant Zebra said:

More goals and appearances than the legendary James Wilson last season, just saying...

I don't rate Wilson anything like as highly as others do though. Wilson is generally a waste of time, despite having some ability. We don't have a good forward at the club currently.

1 minute ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I wonder why you bother...

So is bothering somehow acting like we have good forwards? Loft and Ikpeazu are strikers that don't score goals, and Wilson is someone who, even when actually fit and available, needs to be replaced generally after 60 minutes.  

8 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

So is bothering somehow acting like we have good forwards? Loft and Ikpeazu are strikers that don't score goals, and Wilson is someone who, even when actually fit and available, needs to be replaced generally after 60 minutes.  

Valiiant - can you just have a check "downstairs" - I think you may be wearing your "Mr Grumpy" pants today 😍😍😍😍

15 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

So all I want to know? Is who would you have instead and can you afford them?

Archived