onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League one relegation watch

Emile

Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

You're basing it on one game.

Lincoln are 10th on 51 points. Fleetwood 23rd on 28 points yet Fleetwood are better ?

I'm in the now. Fleetwood have enough to get out of trouble even with disadvantage. 

I don't know what's been going on, but you need talent to play at the level they did tonight. It's not a flash in the pan. They genuinely were a good side tonight. 

Advert

Fleetwood looked on a par to Middlesbrough to me. Well above our level. Hence I don't get the booing of our players. 
Apart from Ripley I would take every Fleetwood player over our bunch on tonight's showing.
And the manager

This has been lingering at the back of my mind:

Can you remember in the flitcroft interview there was a bit about how bringing in a manager sooner wouldn't have helped with transfers as they are all planned by recruitment team?

2 entire transfer windows under DC we only signed a striker at the last minute (Harrison and Taylor), and both probably as DC could see the car crash happening and pulled out his contact book.

We don't learn and are going down. What would have happened in january if we had an experienced manager in earlier? You can guarantee we would have more than we have.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Warren said:

I felt a sense of greater jeopardy tonight. Fleetwood are a good side. I don't know why they are second bottom. 

The one thing I can take is the central defence played well v Fleetwood until eventually making a mistake caused by the incessant pressure. 

Stop chatting poop warren! Carlisle, fleetwood, vale & Cheltenham are down there because they are poor. The table doesn’t lie 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Apart from Ripley I would take every Fleetwood player over our bunch on tonight's showing.

Makes some great saves but there’s a lot to his game that’s so bad at times. Overrated for me ripley, there’s a reason he’s going to be relegated for the second consecutive season. Nobody top half of this league would touch him. Best keeper in the league according to Flitcroft 😂

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Warren said:

I'm in the now. Fleetwood have enough to get out of trouble even with disadvantage. 

I don't know what's been going on, but you need talent to play at the level they did tonight. It's not a flash in the pan. They genuinely were a good side tonight. 

Not a chance, defensively they were poor which is criminal that we sat back rather than keep going, their 44 was lively against Sang but for all the crosses he put in most didnt beat the first man! The corner was about the only trouble we had with their crossing, it was always the exact same cross as well which is more a damning indictment of Sang as he cut inside every time!

Lawal was pretty poor after being superb at their place.

Fleetwood wont win 7 or 8 out of their last 11 to survive, they've won 6 all season.

16 hours ago, Warren said:

Fleetwood looked on a par to Middlesbrough to me. Well above our level. Hence I don't get the booing of our players. 

So far above our level, if Loft hadn't missed his big chance, we'd have been 3-0 up against them. Whereas we never laid a glove on Middlesbrough. Fleetwood have only managed two league wins in three and a half months, one of which was against us, yet they've managed to put five goals past us in 180 minutes. They've also conceded the most goals in League 1 but, rather than trying to further exploit that weakness in the second half, we just sat back, invited them onto us and inevitably capitulated. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Warren said:

The vale made them look like Real Madrid

In the Second half they battered us 

Due to players hiding and showing 

A lack of heart and desire 

17 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

The vale made them look like Real Madrid

In the Second half they battered us 

Due to players hiding and showing 

A lack of heart and desire 

Wigan made changes at half time because they needed 3 goals in 45 minutes. They overloaded their attack and by playing well mounted sustained pressure from kick off. 

If a team has a high percentage of possession they tire the opposition out. We needed to change tactics. Stop kicking long all the time when it was just giving the ball away. We needed to do some playing out from the back and we needed to make the play fragmented including by way of buying cheap fouls. 

The team was significantly weaker after the PV second half subs - but still Loft should score. So we blew it yet again late in the second half. Been doing that a lot this season. 

I think Darren Moore has a he'll of a job on his hands. 

Wigan made changes at half time because they needed 3 goals in 45 minutes. They overloaded their attack and by playing well mounted sustained pressure from kick off. 
If a team has a high percentage of possession they tire the opposition out. We needed to change tactics. Stop kicking long all the time when it was just giving the ball away. We needed to do some playing out from the back and we needed to make the play fragmented including by way of buying cheap fouls. 
The team was significantly weaker after the PV second half subs - but still Loft should score. So we blew it yet again late in the second half. Been doing that a lot this season. 
It doesn't matter about how you play out from the back if the players aren't willing to put a shift in. We can't play out from the back anyway so I don't know why we bother. A lot of our issues on Tuesday came about trying to play out, Weir and Ojo guilty several times. We have no runners capable of stretching the opposition and then holding the ball up front.

Sent from my XQ-CC54 using onevalefan mobile app

1 hour ago, Warren said:

Got to question the players frail mentality though