onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League one relegation watch

Emile

Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?

• Yes
    • No

27 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

I think we’ll get enough points from home games.Any points from away games will be a bonus.

This is it, we can't seem to generate an atmosphere at home as the product on the pitch has been so poor, but it's never been more important to get behind the lads.

Our supporters are a brilliant bunch, we really travel well even when the chips are down, crying out for something to cheer about now

Got everything crossed we can get something from the next 3 games and then breathe a bit of life back into the terraces

Advert

34 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

I think we’ll get enough points from home games.Any points from away games will be a bonus.

That will be what determines our chances. Whatever can muster up away great but win the bulk of the home ones and that would go a huge way to doing it. Easier said than done but with the exception of Oxford I don’t think there’s another promotion challenger coming to VP now so no excuses for this bunch to not go for it.

Biggest problem for me is the total lack of character & personality of the players, doesn’t matter who the manager is if the players don’t care or simply don’t want it enough. We are constantly told by Flitcroft et al about how much work & due diligence goes into getting the right characters at the club, so where are they !!

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, nodge said:

This is it, we can't seem to generate an atmosphere at home as the product on the pitch has been so poor, but it's never been more important to get behind the lads.

Our supporters are a brilliant bunch, we really travel well even when the chips are down, crying out for something to cheer about now

Got everything crossed we can get something from the next 3 games and then breathe a bit of life back into the terraces

It's interesting to me how football clubs and fans differ across England. 

Liverpool and Man City are probably great to watch but both grounds suffer from poor atmosphere. Exeter in Division Three have a reliably-noisy home end and Cheltenham was noisier on Saturday than grounds 5 times their capacity. Accrington have an Ultras section, MK Dons is as lame as they come, Gas are decent.

Our support is somewhere between but we were like mice on Saturday.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, smithie said:

Liverpool and Man City are probably great to watch but both grounds suffer from poor atmosphere. Exeter in Division Three have a reliably-noisy home end and Cheltenham was noisier on Saturday than grounds 5 times their capacity. Accrington have an Ultras section, MK Dons is as lame as they come, Gas are decent.

The atmosphere at Anfield is electric

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

The atmosphere at Anfield is electric

It goes silent after YNWA.

People bang on about our atmosphere but the reality is that most clubs suffer from poor atmospheres when their team is bad. Cheltenham were bang up for it as a fanbase on Saturday as they'd won 2 in a row and have been in very decent form for months.

Our team has been pretty rubbish for over a year. If we win games again, it'll improve. We're no different from any other club in that respect.

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 4

DC used to always have 10 minutes of high-pressing at the start of every home game. It was obviously tactical, to force turnovers of the ball whilst players were settling into the game, but a compound effect was it would get the fans going. DC always had a very good knack of knowing what the fans wanted to see and hear.

We like pressing, harrying, tackling. Just the sort of fanbase we are.

If DM wants to get the fans out of their seat against Lincoln we'll press very, very high for 10 minutes.

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, smithie said:

Anfield suffers from poor atmosphere. I’ve read some mind boggling things on here but this is right up there. 

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Anfield suffers from poor atmosphere. I’ve read some mind boggling things on here but this is right up there. 

And I've read enough to believe that, Champions League nights apart, their famous atmosphere is a myth. You've only got to see the crowd - tourists more interested in taking pictures than making an atmosphere. That's what happens when locals are priced out and the club don't care who buys the tickets as long as they pay up, sit down and shut up. 

Even Klopp has referred to it more than once - is he wrong? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smithie said:

And I've read enough to believe that, Champions League nights apart, their famous atmosphere is a myth. You've only got to see the crowd - tourists more interested in taking pictures than making an atmosphere. That's what happens when locals are priced out and the club don't care who buys the tickets as long as they pay up, sit down and shut up. 

Even Klopp has referred to it more than once - is he wrong? 

I’ve been anfield a number of times and always thought it was great. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Carol started making plans for a league 2 budget last July. The league 2 team is on the pitch, right now. 

Don't drag Carol Into it... she's trusted flitcroft to do his job...and he's failed.... but still seems to be bulletproof 

8 hours ago, Railwayman said:

Biggest problem for me is the total lack of character & personality of the players, doesn’t matter who the manager is if the players don’t care or simply don’t want it enough. We are constantly told by Flitcroft et al about how much work & due diligence goes into getting the right characters at the club, so where are they !!

But they are a nice bunch 😄

• Haha 1