onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League one relegation watch

Emile

Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?

• Yes
    • No

Posted the other day. I had a peep at teams remaining fixtures. 

We have 3 guaranteed defeats Posh, Bolton, Derby . Leaves us needing to win 6 of 13.

Cheltenham have played Pompey ,Derby and Bolton twice already. Very favourable fixtures and a team giving their all.

Our demise since Northampton at home on September 16th has been shameful. Again. Two seasons running we've had hideous runs.

One person to blame for me. The owner. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

Advert

1 minute ago, ollyandpatch said:

3 wins from the last 26 league games !!!!

Anybody that thinks we will stay up are on something....

Going off the last 26 games it’s a tough ask! The 3 games in hand certainly give us a glimmer of hope but as we all know you have to win them games in hand or they mean nothing. Worrying times 

• Like 1

Going off the last 26 games it’s a tough ask! The 3 games in hand certainly give us a glimmer of hope but as we all know you have to win them games in hand or they mean nothing. Worrying times 
Our only hope is the contributions from players that were not playing yesterday. When they come back, can DM juggle and motivate a team into him becoming manager of the month for April. If that is the scale, it is a tough ask.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1

Just now, Fosse69 said:

Our only hope is the contributions from players that were not playing yesterday. When they come back, can DM juggle and motivate a team into him becoming manager of the month for April. If that is the scale, it is a tough ask.

Like who mate? Only player out injured who i feel can help us out is garrity & his goals. People going on about Clark, I’m sorry for me he isn’t the answer. The little he did play this season he was bang average. I’d be bringing the yak back in myself next game. I know he’s been poor but which defender hasn’t recently. At least he battles & is a fighter 

• Like 2

Sounds obvious (and Clarkey did it when he first came) but we need to 'shut up shop' for a bit.

The aim being: to pick up at least a point and 'maybe' sneak 3.

To do this, for me, with the players we've got (which doesn't leave many options & defo. square pegs in round holes in some positions) we've got to stop playing 3 at the back.

BUT, swapping, changing systems, players all seems a bit desperate. Which it is. There are plenty of games left and plenty of points available but (like many us) I can't see where they are coming from. We seem to need (for a second season) 4 teams worse than us to stay up. Trouble is, those around us recently seem to be picking up points. Maybe, another team might collapse and fall like a stone.

4 at the back for me. 4 at the back gives us the chance to play enough 'attack minded' players to sneak wins: 433, 4231. But who plays right back/left back ? We only have Clarke. Maybe Sang or Lowe (RB), Grant or Jones (LB).

Playing Cheltenham yesterday proved to me that 'whatever' system a team chooses to play, they need players whose natural position is to play in those positions. That's what Darrell Clarke seems to have with his current side, first 11. We don't have natural wing backs (apart from Mitch) so why set up to play wing backs. 

Whatever league we are in next season, we must have players 'all over the pitch who can play within the desired 'first choice' system. Not the shambles we seem to be left with now.

Edited by Diego Maradona
  • Like 2

Like who mate? Only player out injured who i feel can help us out is garrity & his goals. People going on about Clark, I’m sorry for me he isn’t the answer. The little he did play this season he was bang average. I’d be bringing the yak back in myself next game. I know he’s been poor but which defender hasn’t recently. At least he battles & is a fighter 
The 11 that DM started with will not keep us up. His task is to find 4 or 5 other regular starters from the hand he has been given to give us a chance. New signings are needed, but fitness will always be an issue.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

The 11 that DM started with will not keep us up. His task is to find 4 or 5 other regular starters from the hand he has been given to give us a chance. New signings are needed, but fitness will always be an issue.

It won’t but who are you suggesting that will make a difference? We don’t have 5 out who will. Clark won’t, James plant won’t he will get stuck at lwb & teams will crucify him, only Ben garrity would make a difference. Maybe Uche but he isn’t going to be back in time or upto speed once he is 

Edited by Vtid

Well I feel sorry for DM as games are coming thick and fast this month and he's got to get his ideas to the squad at his disposal across quickly,I fear we are doomed to get relegated and he will have to have a big sort out for next season....what's the saying AHH yes it's you can't polish a <ovf censored> 💩

Just looked at our stats from last season and this season. 18 home defeats in 38 games, still got 8 more to go so could quite easily take us over 20 defeats. To lose almost 50% of home games sums up why we are down there again. 13 home wins in the same period. No wonder gates are dropping

Sent from my XQ-CC54 using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Splodger said:

Well I feel sorry for DM as games are coming thick and fast this month and he's got to get his ideas to the squad at his disposal across quickly,I fear we are doomed to get relegated and he will have to have a big sort out for next season....what's the saying AHH yes it's you can't polish a <ovf censored> 💩

But you can cover it in glitter 😆 

• Haha 2

On 09/01/2024 at 15:35, MBE said:

Great thread to start. 

When the Jan transfer window closes I think we will it be much clearer to pick but based on teams played my bottom 4:

Cambridge

Shrewsbury

Carlisle

Fleetwood

Leyton Orient could do a Vale and get dragged into it!

Revisit this post post the transfer window,

Bottom 4:

Shrewsbury

Port Vale

Fleetwood

Carlisle