onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League one relegation watch

Emile

Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?

• Yes
    • No

Advert

We have two analyst coaches at the club who I am sure measure the individual statistics of our players during games and possibly training, but do they check all the statistics of clubs in our division?

We do not score many goals and we all know that without goals we need the defenders to do their job in stopping goals going into our own goal to try to eke out results to get us over the line.

Our director of football said last Thursday at the forum  "we are not thinking about relegation and we have three games in hand and we got ten points in December so we will be alright" or words of that effect.

I wish I was as confident as he is, because although we did well points wise in December we did by changing the way we had been playing by going more direct by kicking long to Uche, who held the ball up and brought other players the room to score. Now no Uche (probably out for the season) and I cannot see Loft being able to do the same job.

So back to our need to stop the opposition scoring, our statistics do not look good.

Our goalkeeper save percentage is 67.3%

Only clubs with worse save percentage are :- Carlisle 67.2% / Fleetwood 64.9% / Reading 64.6% / Wycombe 62,5%

Tackles won 216

Team with the next lowest tackles won is Peterborough with 246

Interceptions 172

Only teams with lower interceptions are Bolton with 160 and Cambridge with 166

What these statistics show to me is that we are not strong enough in stopping the opposition in getting chances on our goal. So unless we gets a goalscorer in before the window closes and I can only see us going down.

I am praying I am wrong because Carol does not deserve it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, rayzer said:

We have two analyst coaches at the club who I am sure measure the individual statistics of our players during games and possibly training, but do they check all the statistics of clubs in our division?

We do not score many goals and we all know that without goals we need the defenders to do their job in stopping goals going into our own goal to try to eke out results to get us over the line.

Our director of football said last Thursday at the forum  "we are not thinking about relegation and we have three games in hand and we got ten points in December so we will be alright" or words of that effect.

I wish I was as confident as he is, because although we did well points wise in December we did by changing the way we had been playing by going more direct by kicking long to Uche, who held the ball up and brought other players the room to score. Now no Uche (probably out for the season) and I cannot see Loft being able to do the same job.

So back to our need to stop the opposition scoring, our statistics do not look good.

Only clubs with worse save percentage are :- Carlisle 67.2% / Fleetwood 64.9% / Reading 64.6% / Wycombe 62,5%

Tackles won 216

Interceptions 172

What these statistics show to me is that we are not strong enough in stopping the opposition in getting chances on our goal. So unless we gets a goalscorer in before the window closes and I can only see us going down.

I am praying I am wrong because Carol does not deserve 

No surprise on the tackles won or interception statistics. We don't tackle, don't intercept therefore don't have possession at points in the game when the opposition isn't set. Our goals during our winning run were almost all a result of winning the ball and punishing an out of shape opposition. Unfortunately this element of the game does not seem to be part of our "DNA" unless this changes we will continue to sleepwalk towards league 2. Top teams put in maximum effort when they haven't got the ball regardless of territory. We seem completely content to play zonally out of possession which is getting us nowhere when it comes to the final result. 

27 minutes ago, rayzer said:

Tackles won 216

Interceptions 172

I am praying I am wrong because Carol does not deserve it.

The keeper save rate is a worry, maybe points to Stephens and Stone not being as to blame as thought last season... as Ripley who had one of the best last season is now posting low stats so we are possibly giving away too many better chances.

Tackles won and Interceptions I am not that concerned about, the fact Peterborough and Bolton are mentioned as worse that us in either stat show that but image this is down to 2 factors:

In many games certainly pre December we'd dominate possession (all be it often without success) so less need to tackle often as we had the ball and games like Saturday when we haven't had possession we've generally tried to sit in rather than press so would say thats down to tactics more than player inability.

6 hours ago, barny61 said:

Crosby is a coach in his first managerial role. As was John Rudge.

No way can you compare the two Crosby sets his teams up to defend with hardly any impetus to get forward where as Rudgey set his teams up to attack,  I rest my case 🙄🙄

Edited by Nippy Naylor
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, barny61 said:

We don't know that for certain though Darren, given time he might  be the best thing we've ever had although it doesn't seem so at the moment. Only time will tell.

You are completely off your head 

One thing I know for certain 

Crosby ain't no football manager 

He's a defensive coach that's it 😆

4 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

You are completely off your head 

One thing I know for certain 

Crosby ain't no football manager 

He's a defensive coach that's it 😆

You seem to know a lot of certainties. Fancy letting us know what Fridays lotto numbers are?