onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Charlton (H) match thread - 6th Jan

robf

7 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

I'm not even sure we were very open.

If you have 29 shots to 7 in every league game over a season, you win way more than you lose.

They had 4 on target and 3 went in. We didn't concede a load of chances, just 3 pretty high quality ones which could have been avoided if:

1 - we didn't leave Uche by himself on the right hand side after a set-piece - just sloppy organisation

2 - Devine launches it or Sang gets it out of his feet

3 - Ripley does a bit better

Play like we did yesterday for the rest of the season and we'll finish top half. The trifecta of Uche-Wilson-Chislett is cooking. That level of attacking output will lead to goals. The conceded goals are easily solvable and not indicative of a team woeful out of possession.

Without signings, and fitness permitting, I'd go Debrah Smith Yak.

Ideally you'd bring another CB in and get Jones fit by February.

I agree on the CB positions. Why he continues to play Smith anywhere other than in the middle is beyond me. I liked Jones when he first came but I think we’ve seen the last of him tbh.

Advert

Enjoyed the game to be fair which is rare for this season even if we didn't get the result our dominance deserved.

Don't think i've seen us have 29 shots a game for a long long time and its a bitter sweet one as the last minuted euphoria is mixed in with frustration that we didn't win, we should really have won that 5 or 6-1 with the chances we've had v the gifts we gave away.

Thought Ripley should do far better with the third goal and the second was a massive calamity from Devine, its a suicide ball and behind the man but credit to Charlton the punished every mistake we made, we'd have hit double figures with that level of clinical finishing.

Two sides who can't defend though and luckily for Charlton their keeper had the game of his life.

Feel more positive though, we are rattling goals in for fun, just frustrating we've gone the other way defensively, if we can find a happy medium... 

Massey was superb, unplayable and chuffed for him, great for big Uche to get a goal as well and hopefully that kicks his confidence into life and he can go on a bit of a run.

If we are picking out Ripley in saying he should have done better on 1 or 2 of the goals on Saturday then it could also be said that Charlton's keeper should have saved Uche's goal and the Carlisle keeper defo dropped a bollock for Garrity's goal

11 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I agree on the CB positions. Why he continues to play Smith anywhere other than in the middle is beyond me. I liked Jones when he first came but I think we’ve seen the last of him tbh.

I wasn’t overly keen when we gave Jones a new deal. I struggle to reconcile with his injury record we gave him 2 years and yet Willo who has better availability is made to jump through hoops on short term contracts. The justification over xG from Flitcroft I thought wasn’t overly convincing either as Jones even when fit was as error prone as certain other ones who would get pelters for the same thing.

20 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

If we are picking out Ripley in saying he should have done better on 1 or 2 of the goals on Saturday then it could also be said that Charlton's keeper should have saved Uche's goal and the Carlisle keeper defo dropped a bollock for Garrity's goal

Correct, although with Uche's if he does get more on it to keep it out Wilson is in prime position to tap home.

Carlisle one went right through him so we would be disappointed to concede that.

Really enjoyable game v Charlton .

Enjoyed it that much when Uche scored had to sit down as had a very funny head streaking pain in it .

So had to calm down somewhat .

Shame we give away the most diabolical goals .

UTV 

• robf unfeatured this topic

Archived