onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Charlton (H) match thread - 6th Jan

robf

12 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

Need find some momentum in games we are either the good the bad or the ugly.

Depends who's fit any more performances like Cheltenham/Middlesborough/and Carlisle and I might call it a day.

More Barnsley second half and Wigan all game required .

Wonder whatVale turn up.

I agree and I have changed my mind and will go but with really hard games to come, like Portsmouth and Derby away and Stevenage at home we need a win but at Carlisle we were awful

Advert

4 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Sure, he was really confused after the Barnsley game for a couple of months while he had a near full squad at his disposal.

And we were not that great then either.

The 7-0 at Barnsley just made him blood players into team much earlier than he was expecting

Assuming that Debrah, Garrity, and Devine are out, I'd go for:

Ripley

Smith Lowe Yak

Massey Walters Grant Shorrock

Chislett

Uche Wilson

Grant has played a lot of his career in CM and I genuinely think his qualities are more suited there than wingback. He isn't athletic enough but still can knock a pass (4 assists in 22 this season).

A chance that with Conlon and Cass not being selected, and Jones, Garrity, Debrah, Devine, Sang, Clark, Ojo, Plant, and Thomas injured, we could have 11 players missing.

Your bench would be something like: Leutweiler, Balmer, Lomax, Brazier, McDermott, Loft, Dipepa.

Would take a draw and get a few bodies in over the next week.

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

Ripley

Smith Lowe Yak

Chislett

Uche Wilson

Grant has played a lot of his career in CM and I genuinely think his qualities are more suited there than wingback. He isn't athletic enough but still can knock a pass (4 assists in 22 this season).

A chance that with Conlon and Cass not being selected, and Jones, Garrity, Debrah, Devine, Sang, Clark, Ojo, Plant, and Thomas injured, we could have 11 players missing.

Your bench would be something like: Leutweiler, Balmer, Lomax, Brazier, McDermott, Loft, Dipepa.

I agree with what you say. But I don't know how you take a draw in football. To me that is a side that needs to play on the front foot because Walters and Shorrock make it a bit lightweight. Uche is important up front for that reason. If all of those players are 100% fit and we can be positive it's a game we can win. Making the right subs at the right time is important. 

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

Ripley

Smith Lowe Yak

Chislett

Uche Wilson

Pretty frightening our lack of midfield options there. We desperately need a replacement for arblaster. I can see Lowe being moved into midfield which is dangerous. Bang Massey in there. Have a look at his performance against Man C for Wigan in centre midfield. Have we ever played him deep in the centre?

Crosby says we have 

• 3 long-term injuries, back in mid-late March, which includes Clark and Plant. Doesn't say the third.
  • 1 medium-term injury 
  • 2 short-term injuries, or available in January 

Thomas hasn't been at the club since mid-November, as he's had setbacks to his injury and illnesses. He could be back in the last week of January.

I guess of the 4 not named, Thomas, Ojo, Sang, and one of Garrity/Debrah.

7 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Crosby says we have 

• 3 long-term injuries, back in mid-late March, which includes Clark and Plant. Doesn't say the third.
  • 1 medium-term injury 
  • 2 short-term injuries, or available in January 

Thomas hasn't been at the club since mid-November, as he's had setbacks to his injury and illnesses. He could be back in the last week of January.

I guess of the 4 not named, Thomas, Ojo, Sang, and one of Garrity/Debrah.

Hopefully means Devine is ok, that did look more impact injury as on ifollow he seemed to get a knee in the lower back/backside so might be one that eased off.

Garrity would possibly be the other ok in that with Debrah looking the worst out of the two so may be a case we see Garrity and Devine which would be massive for us.

2 short terms on top you'd guess at Ojo and Sang

I'd guess at Sang as the third long term injury. Believe it's an achilles and if so you don't mess with something like that. We've seen what that ended up doing to Tom Conlon particularly as Sang plays in a high intensity position like Wingback. They won't do it but at some point people need to swallow their pride and bring in Cass and Conlon from the cold unless they are off very imminently. Either that or a change of formation but that's equally unlikely too.

Really unfortunate with Josh as I'd have him starting with Willo every week right now. Interesting as of yet Swansea haven't activated his recall which you'd think given he's been out they would have done so already if they were minded to bring him back.

8 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

And we were not that great then either.

The 7-0 at Barnsley just made him blood players into team much earlier than he was expecting

5-1-1 not that great?  

Think you’re forgetting we survived the drop by about 3 points last season. 

49 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

You missed the point per usual.

Are you at the game on Saturday or is that a silly question?

Got the point…..was just useless. 

You going any game this season?

Crosby and flitcroft know that we are going into games short on numbers yet have not brought any new players in as of yet. No doubt we will leave all our transfer business till the last day of the transfer window when really we need a couple of players in now.

Since we have appointed these sport scientists etc have we ever had so many injuries over the years?? look at other clubs yes they have injuries but as many as us? DC has been at Cheltenham and they dont seem to be picking many up if any,even got Pett playing without a pre season....... so what is going on here

Archived