Advert

Advert

Charlton (H) match thread - 6th Jan

robf

Advert

56 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Got the point…..was just useless. 

You going any game this season?

I will be going every game from Charlton through to & including Peterborough.

Does that put me in front of you for games attended this season ?

2 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

I'd guess at Sang as the third long term injury. Believe it's an achilles and if so you don't mess with something like that. We've seen what that ended up doing to Tom Conlon particularly as Sang plays in a high intensity position like Wingback. They won't do it but at some point people need to swallow their pride and bring in Cass and Conlon from the cold unless they are off very imminently. Either that or a change of formation but that's equally unlikely too.

Really unfortunate with Josh as I'd have him starting with Willo every week right now. Interesting as of yet Swansea haven't activated his recall which you'd think given he's been out they would have done so already if they were minded to bring him back.

Swansea are about to appoint a new 'head coach' after a search lasting a few weeks. It's likely to be Luke Williams who will leave Notts County. He will take stock of everything I expect. 

29 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

How many games will that be without me looking?

Saturday looks set to be (yet) another hide behind the sofa, hands over your face, peeping through your fingers at the onfield carnage. The last match I can remember going fabulously, with no worries whatsoever, was the playoff final, and that's far too long ago. As we know this is a memorial match and sadly I have far too many old mates from my schooldays, Vale fans all, that passed away in 2023 Dave Mosser Morris, Steve Hall, Steve Emmo Emery, Graham Paddy Dooley to name some. It does make me think that perhaps we get too wrapped up in the here and now, forgetting the context, i.e. that in future years this period will not stand out as any different than any other. On Saturday I will be raising a glass to my old muckers and having a bloody good chortle at some of the many fantastic laughs and good times we all had following the Vale home and away. 

Happy days.

3 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

Crosby and flitcroft know that we are going into games short on numbers yet have not brought any new players in as of yet. No doubt we will leave all our transfer business till the last day of the transfer window when really we need a couple of players in now.

Blimey, bit harsh that.  It is only the 4th January! 

2 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Well done BJ - nice to hear you are coming over - hope we put some good performances on 👍👍👍👍

The excellent 'The Valiant' updating on injuries:

Ojo - February

Clark and Plant - mid/late March

Jones - end of Jan

Sang - short-term, before the end of Jan

Loft - available Saturday

Cass and Conlon - interest from other clubs

Thomas - end of Jan

No discussion of Debrah, Garrity, or Devine.

8 hours ago, Birches Head Fred said:
10 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

So all this talk of crowds dwindling is rubbish, we've got fans coming from all corners of the Earth.

I'm coming for the hospitality at each ground and to see how bad we play for my own eyes

6 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

The excellent 'The Valiant' updating on injuries:

Ojo - February

Clark and Plant - mid/late March

Jones - end of Jan

Sang - short-term, before the end of Jan

Cass and Conlon - interest from other clubs

Thomas - end of Jan

No discussion of Debrah, Garrity, or Devine.

not good reading. 

2 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

I'm coming for the hospitality at each ground and to see how bad we play for my own eyes

You could possibly support the team for once…..”Crosbys Black & White Army”

Archived