onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale Park Atmosphere

Family Stand Terrier

On 31/12/2023 at 21:13, Fosse69 said:

Can you see the Police allowing that?  Where do you move the Family stand to?

Get the remainder of the Lorne Street open and used as a Family stand. This will 

A) Attract more families to Vale Park in a safer environment 

B) Help the atmosphere in the Hamil as those who don’t want to stand or don’t want to chant can move to the family stand leaving behind those that do and not to feel guilty about standing. 

Win, Win all round.

Advert

Get the remainder of the Lorne Street open and used as a Family stand. This will 
A) Attract more families to Vale Park in a safer environment 
B) Help the atmosphere in the Hamil as those who don’t want to stand or don’t want to chant can move to the family stand leaving behind those that do and not to feel guilty about standing. 

Win, Win all round.
Move the gym and equip the Concourse. Or do we sign a defender?

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

As I said before they have segregation within the stands
Yes there is segregation in the stands. With lines of mainly stewards actually been put to good use doing this. At vale you get groups of stewards just huddled together chatting. For the last 2 or 3 home games you come out of the hamill and for some reason there are police stationed down the hamill. Has no one told them away fans are now in bycars end?

Sent from my SM-G781B using onevalefan mobile app

1 hour ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Yes there is segregation in the stands. With lines of mainly stewards actually been put to good use doing this. At vale you get groups of stewards just huddled together chatting. For the last 2 or 3 home games you come out of the hamill and for some reason there are police stationed down the hamill. Has no one told them away fans are now in bycars end? emoji2369.pngemoji2369.png

Sent from my SM-G781B using onevalefan mobile app

Separate entrances and concourses in the Hamil Stand as with a modern stadium. 

4 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Move the gym and equip the Concourse. Or do we sign a defender?

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Move the gym as we have enough decent defenders, just need to be played in their recognised positions. Then we can use the extra revenue generated to sign a decent striker.

I'm tempted to move back to the Railway Stand for the rest of the season. Get myself up the other end near the Family Stand so I can have some with the away fans. Needs to get nasty in parts of Vale Park again. Adds to the atmosphere. The football alone isn't, and never has been enough. I miss being able to shout at the away fans, calling them names etc...

7 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:

I'm tempted to move back to the Railway Stand for the rest of the season. Get myself up the other end near the Family Stand so I can have some with the away fans. Needs to get nasty in parts of Vale Park again. Adds to the atmosphere. The football alone isn't, and never has been enough. I miss being able to shout at the away fans, calling them names etc...

You <ovf censored> clown

The bottom line is that more noise is created by more fans - home and away. I don't feel more atmosphere necessarily needs more fans because it can be a local thing.

I guess I wouldn't know from the Lorne Street stand if there is a good atmosphere in the Hamil Road stand. I accept if its nearly full there should be. I do think the unused Lorne Street section is a real dampener on a joined up atmosphere / noise level in the ground. Each of the home stands are a bit like separate outposts. The open Lorne Street section is now very separated from other home fans. 

15 hours ago, Bede said:

The Hamil doesn’t hold anywhere near 1500 more fans than Bycars. Hamil is only 2-300 larger in capacity I think. 

The Hamil capacity is 4,514,  Bycars possible 4000, but limited to 3363.  If finance had been the major factor, would the ends have been swapped? 

13 hours ago, Bede said:

Aah right. Why is the Bycars limited to less - bogs?

Luke Cassidy Stadium and Security Manager would know. I would think the sheeted off seats for segregation adjacent to Lorne St would be a big factor, as well as toilets and access limits.

Archived