onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

6 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

Whilst my patience is wearing thin on the owners, you don't buy a lower league football club to make money. Even at our level, you're basically chucking money away to stand still.

I don't think they're looking to make any money from it at all. What I do think is that Carol likes the prestige of being a football club owner, hob nobbing with other football owners and various celebrities and of course the OBE. Then there's the charity work and the legacy. And she's also a regular on the BBC.

I think she may have had offers of investment, but once the ownership is taken off her, there goes all the prestige, fame and glamour that she's become accustomed to. Once you have a taste for that sort of influence it's very difficult to give it up.

She's also become too pally with the people whom she is the boss of. She calls them Flickers and Crosser....it's too overly familiar, so that when it comes to making tough decisions it's much harder as you've become pals.

Excellent post LV she wants people to invest but she still wants to be top dog 

Advert

Since that sunny Saturday afternoon in Mid September when Garrity scored against Northampton we have played 21 league games (nearly half a season)

We have won 3 times !!

Crosby is currently the luckiest manager in the EFL..

10 hours ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Admittedly, I never listen to Radio Stoke any more other than on the way home from matches, and aren't subscribed to Baggaley's thing, but has anyone heard or read any comments from Schofield since he was brought to the club?

I wasn't entirely sure that he was still here. (...or even existed, for that matter!)

The pitch forks are out for everyone. Why should we hear from Schofield? If Schofield came out and did an interview then the manager would be called spineless for not facing the media. Cant win. 

12 hours ago, Wrex said:

Sacking the manager two days after the transfer window closes would be a almost admirably bad way to run a football club

If we did then to me  it states the glaringly obvious that the transfer window isn’t the managers doing. It’s the DOF’s. 

8 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

When was the last occasion vale bought a player for more than £100k

This season with Loft? 

I wouldn't sack him personally as new bloke come in and if do poorly under him he can just say THERE NOT MY PLAYERS .

I've heard it all before .

Crosby will have to now play all the kids Lomax Dipepa Buah and Shorrock play all the loan signings and hope out of the seasoned pros some are still playing for him on yesterday's performance it's obvious some are not or should I say majority are not .

It's going get rocky but I can get behind the kids what I cannot do is get behind sulking senior pros who dont even look like they want play for Vale it's so obvious 

Big few days ahead I'd have them running around West port lake today .

No doubt the club will do the easy touch thing though and say they got recover I'd say recover from what exactly   What short changing our support and putting minimal effort in .

They did nothing there's nothing recover from 

He has to go. Rubbish squad that is down to the poisonous David Flitcroft (said all along he is bad news) but at the same time a manager should be able to set the team up correctly. We don’t have a LWB so stop playing 352 every single week, it’s not only predictable it’s not playing to our strengths. 

We sign a supposedly decent winger (work that one out) on loan, let’s change the bloody formation and get him in the game. Vale park is huge, get him on and out wide

Regardless of what happens this season. Both Flitcroft and Crosby have gone way past the point of return. Crosby isn’t a manager and never has been and Flitcrofts recruitment has been the worst I’ve ever seen at vale. I’d take Bruno’s signings over this. Sadly whenever we announce a loan signing he manages to hoodwink more people with the garbage that these sides trust us ect…… 

We never improve, I keep saying this and others say the loan players do improve us and improve our players / Plymouth did and they went up. It’s a load of rubbish. We still have the same areas glaringly short as when we were promoted (goal keeper aside). Every window we need the same players and every window we stand still and bring in countless loanees who improve us for a few months and then go back were then back at square one. 

It’s been a downward spiral since last January and they are all culpable as is Carol. I don’t understand how she is letting this continue, why Flitcroft managed to hoodwink her into getting the DOF role, why AC was hired without interviewing and why her son is the CEO! 

It’s a mess, if and it’s a big if we stay up a clear out is required and some serious investment required in the football side. Not scoreboards, or having pretty little toilets or a campus. Said it last season after Jan and I’ll say it again, get the football right, become stable at this level and then start Investing in these areas, or there academy, not now when we’re gambling our league 1 identity. Again. 

Build a squad that can play more than one formation, that has options in positions so we aren’t stuck with players not good enough and players not ready. Then use loads to add to the squad, so we aren’t relying on them / screwed when they depart. 

Our side is weaker than the one that played at Wembley. I remember saying this towards the back end of last season and I’m saying it again. We aren’t progressing whilst window on window other sides are. Sides have a plan. We don’t. Change needed immediately to see if we can scramble to safety. 

8 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

What I do think is that Bill Bratt likes the prestige of being a football club owner, hob nobbing with other football owners and various celebrities and of course the MBE. Then there's the charity work and the legacy. And he's also a regular on the BBC.

I think he may have had offers of investment, but once the ownership is taken off him, there goes all the prestige, fame and glamour that he's become accustomed to. Once you have a taste for that sort of influence it's very difficult to give it up.

he's also become too pally with the people whom he is the boss of.

Scary isn’t it. 

12 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

He has to go. Rubbish squad that is down to the poisonous David Flitcroft (said all along he is bad news) but at the same time a manager should be able to set the team up correctly. We don’t have a LWB so stop playing 352 every single week, it’s not only predictable it’s not playing to our strengths. 

We sign a supposedly decent winger (work that one out) on loan, let’s change the bloody formation and get him in the game. Vale park is huge, get him on and out wide

Build a squad that can play more than one formation, that has options in positions so we aren’t stuck with players not good enough and players not ready. Then use loads to add to the squad, so we aren’t relying on them / screwed when they depart. 

Our side is weaker than the one that played at Wembley. I remember saying this towards the back end of last season and I’m saying it again. We aren’t progressing whilst window on window other sides are. Sides have a plan. We don’t. Change needed immediately to see if we can scramble to safety. 

One of my frustrations is that we are hamstrung by the wing back formation purely because we clearly don’t have the right options to play that formation. I get as a club we need an identity, but isn’t an identity usually decided by a manager? We seem to be setting the identity from the top. Which makes me wonder if that’s one of the reasons why we didn’t bring in a more experienced manager than Crosby, because a new manager would have his own way of playing which could have seen more of an upheaval maybe? 

We've signed a winger when we don’t play wingers, (which puts me in mind of is bringing in Politic), We could have signed a left and right back to play as wingbacks and make us more solid defensively at least and it would also have given us the option to go to 4 at the back when needed. That’s as well as a striker and midfielder. All this stuff should be planned well in advance, maybe we tried and failed but it’s another January and another poor window overall that doesn’t address issues within the squad. 

Disgusting combination of an owner who knows nothing about football & who won’t admit she’s got it wrong, a so called manager in his first managerial job who looks like a PE teacher & a clown named Floor cloth who hasn’t a clue what he’s doing prowling the Scandinavian market for the next big name 🙄 On top of this some of the players couldn’t give a monkeys about this club! no fight or passion like we’ve had in previous years. You saw what this club meant to players such as Pope & Worrall when they stepped on that pitch & wore the badge. Absolute shambles! 

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

The pitch forks are out for everyone. Why should we hear from Schofield? If Schofield came out and did an interview then the manager would be called spineless for not facing the media. Cant win.

Read it again......I asked has he said anything in the media since he was brought to the club - i.e. in the last 8(?) months.

It's normal to hear an assistant manager say something from time to time.

Those calling for Crosby to go: who are you expecting to come in and replace him?

- Precarious league position

- Awful form

- Load of injuries 

- Transfer window just closed

- Low wage

- Subordinate role to director of football

Not very appealing is it?

1 minute ago, Wrex said:

Those calling for Crosby to go: who are you expecting to come in and replace him?

- Precarious league position

- Awful form

- Load of injuries 

- Transfer window just closed

- Low wage

- Subordinate role to director of football

Not very appealing is it?

Yes, the problem we have- who will come on a 3 month contract? And then if we offer a 2 year or higher to attract someone better, we have nothing to offer- no signings, good chance we are in division 2 next season- we will end up with another poor manager with a long contract. I was hoping Crosby could keep us up this season and we could go all out for a very good manager but I feel this transfer window has doomed us and we will now be looking for a division 2 manager in the summer.

Archived