onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

Advert

8 minutes ago, grand prix pants said:

I wonder if you know the true feelings of the majority? Do any of us? The echo chambers of fan sites may not be the full story.

I can only speak from my seat in the Hamil, going two thirds of the aways and the musings on here.

Folk aren't happy.  That's probably an understatement. 

Yep Crosby out, and as soon as the new manager comes in and loses a few games or Vale don't do as well as some fans imaginary expectations the same people will be shouting for him to be sacked and so the cycle goes on.

Not the ideal way to build a stable, strong football club. 

I read some of these comments and I smile to myself.

We've played 37 games this season which is enough to stretch any squad. I think we have been unfortunate with injuries and were 10 minutes away from being on 32 points. I'm as disappointed as the next Vale fan but who would we get in?

I always thought it would be a tough season for Vale but I'd rather have someone who is giving young lads and young loans an opportunity than someone like Stokes new manager says they are now on an unbeaten run of 6. They've drawn 5 of them...it's actually 1 win in 12. 

Please don't boo the manager or players at the next home game...it could be worse...we could be Fleetwood who are on their third manager this season

As per 'the Vale way' had we lost to Blackpool and beaten Carlisle I guess the reaction would have been different. But this is the Vale so it's no real surprise.

Watched the game on I-follow, thought it was a poor game and it's clear that Vale are down now to the bare, bare bones with regards the squad.

People are rightly questioning just how it is we have so many injuries - my take is that when a team are winning the treatment room is empty and when they are losing, it's full. Players now seem far less robust than times past and seem to play on the very edge of fitness. I'm also of the opinion like many that we are just too lightweight in too many positions.

As to the match itself, having got our nose in front you could see us dropping further back with every minute. however yet again the injuries to key players and the quality of subs to bring on weakened us no end. I like the young lads, I think they will progress and make a name for themselves but a first division (3rd division) club CANNOT rely on so many 16-20 year olds on the field against fully grown professional footballers for as long as we are playing them and expect to win matches.

The penalty was clear as day for me but I thought there was a foul just outside their box prior to their breakaway for the corner that sealed our fate. The ball was being headed about just outside their area and a Vale player jumped to head the ball, a Carlisle player just jumped - not looking at the ball, don't think he even knew where it was, basically jumped into the Vale player but the ball then fell to Carlisle and the rest, as they say is history.

Strange as it may seem I don't blame Crosby's substitutions as I thought he got them right, the two young lads definitely needed replacing, Debrah was obvious and Willo looked like he hobbled off.  At the end it was clear Uche and Devine were spent forces, Lord knows what starting 11 will be fit for Saturday.

It's the fans that went you have to really feel for, unfortunately Jacko's Rainbows End was in the Home dressing room and not the away. Onto Charlton, UTV - keep the faith.         

16 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Yep Crosby out, and as soon as the new manager comes in and loses a few games or Vale don't do as well as some fans imaginary expectations the same people will be shouting for him to be sacked and so the cycle goes on.

Not the ideal way to build a stable, strong football club. 

Yes I remember Darrell Clarke being called to be sacked after a few games.

4 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

As per 'the Vale way' had we lost to Blackpool and beaten Carlisle I guess the reaction would have been different. But this is the Vale so it's no real surprise.

Watched the game on I-follow, thought it was a poor game and it's clear that Vale are down now to the bare, bare bones with regards the squad.

People are rightly questioning just how it is we have so many injuries - my take is that when a team are winning the treatment room is empty and when they are losing, it's full. Players now seem far less robust than times past and seem to play on the very edge of fitness. I'm also of the opinion like many that we are just too lightweight in too many positions.

As to the match itself, having got our nose in front you could see us dropping further back with every minute. however yet again the injuries to key players and the quality of subs to bring on weakened us no end. I like the young lads, I think they will progress and make a name for themselves but a first division (3rd division) club CANNOT rely on so many 16-20 year olds on the field against fully grown professional footballers for as long as we are playing them and expect to win matches.

The penalty was clear as day for me but I thought there was a foul just outside their box prior to their breakaway for the corner that sealed our fate. The ball was being headed about just outside their area and a Vale player jumped to head the ball, a Carlisle player just jumped - not looking at the ball, don't think he even knew where it was, basically jumped into the Vale player but the ball then fell to Carlisle and the rest, as they say is history.

Strange as it may seem I don't blame Crosby's substitutions as I thought he got them right, the two young lads definitely needed replacing, Debrah was obvious and Willo looked like he hobbled off.  At the end it was clear Uche and Devine were spent forces, Lord knows what starting 11 will be fit for Saturday.

It's the fans that went you have to really feel for, unfortunately Jacko's Rainbows End was in the Home dressing room and not the away. Onto Charlton, UTV - keep the faith.         

Good post.

For ...the breakaway that sealed out fate... I thought the ball was in the air for Devine to challenge their player, but he didn't challenge, let it bounce, and they came away with it.

1 minute ago, EricHamesis said:

Good post.

For ...the breakaway that sealed out fate... I thought the ball was in the air for Devine to challenge their player, but he didn't challenge, let it bounce, and they came away with it.

Devine was injured but Crosby kept him on, he could barely move at the end 

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Devine was injured but Crosby kept him on, he could barely move at the end 

When Garrity went off, presumably injured, we'd used all our subs so couldn't replace Devine.

(And yes, I know Devine was injured before Garrity went off.)

4 minutes ago, NellyTheValiant said:

But hadn't we made all our substituions by that time Yak 1st half, Massey & Grant at HT, Balmer for Ben and Dipepa for Wilson?

I know - see edit above.

Sorry, mis-read your post. Ignore this.

Archived