onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

Advert

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

With the appointments of Lee Sinnott and Neil Aspin, they were on a hiding to nothing.

Sinnott because of the owners and also keeping back stabbing people in place like Grew, Glover & Ray Williams never helped.

Aspin had Smurf to contend with.

Wild is one that you keep an eye on in non-league, he's made the step up to the football league easily enough now, so, the time is now to strike

I agree with some of the points you make, I was pleased when both were appointed.  Sinnott I think would've done better IMO and failed largely for the reasons you mentioned.  Aspin sadly was his own worst enemy, leaving the likes of Worrall out when he was one of our better players.

I'm not suggesting that we do go for Wild but I don't think that Vale have the means to attract him anyway.

Genuine question here, if it is the situation that we can’t afford to sack AC due to the obvious need to recruit players in January, wouldn’t it make more sense to relieve him of the role of Head Coach and offer him an alternative coaching role at the club. Put DF in charge until a more experienced/progressive manager can be appointed? It’s obvious to me we can’t continue as we currently are. Just my thoughts UTV

Get beat today and AC has to go. Pay him off and try to save a transfer window which I believe will be a knee jerk reaction buys like Loft.

The process is not working whether it is not due to it being for higher leagues or OUR process is flawed.

DoF time to earn your keep or get out of club. Already been mentioned AC goes and DoF takes over in the short term - they are his players selected from the process.

On 27/12/2023 at 23:43, philpvfc said:

All very good getting rid of Crosby but who are we going to get in to replace him at this current time? We have next to no budget for new players, can’t offload players while in contract. At the moment we are in a position in the table that even the optimists at the start of the season will have taken, Crosby won’t have his contract renewed come the end of season when we can spend the time and resources to get the right manager in, getting rid now will just rush that decision.

so why then throw around comments like " championship ready" or even " league one steady" which tbh we are neither. without serious investment on the pitch and less on everything else we are going DOWN.

4 hours ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

cleaning the away stand toilets ?

Well at least they have toilets, unlike the poor fans in the RP. When they played Boro, with some of the portaloos not having lights in them and those that do have, be better using a swan vestas, providing you could finish before the match burnt your fingers or you set your trousers on fire. They were just using the wall behind the toilets. TBH with the queues I don’t blame them. I asked one fan who always buys a drink in the ground and so do the rest of the group, why he hadn’t purchased a drink and he said because of the lack of facilities in the RP. How much is this costing the club, renting toilets which have to be emptied and fans no longer buying drinks in the ground. I did take a look at the refreshment booth and there weren’t many fans queuing. How much is this costing in lost revenue. He’s a ST holder, so would ST holders in the RP have been given a chance to move to another part of the ground, after the debacle with the toilets.?

7 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Flitcroft said at a fans forum and on the ale & vale podcast that they never interviewed anybody else for the managers job because they all wanted Crosby to have ago & succeed.

Fair enough, but have to say that I don’t remember that from the fans forums I went to.

7 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

I would bring Pete Wild into that equation.

With his time at Oldham, Halifax and now Barrow, its obvious he is a good manager and if he wants to come to Vale for a couple of years to enhance is reputation further & help put some building blocks in place here before moving onto better things then I'm all for it.

On shoestring budgets he got Halifax into play offs and look at where Barrow are now.

What makes you believe he’d be a success at Vale?  Basically it’s a complete gamble, as is any managerial appointment.  There are plenty of building blocks being put in place right now, the problem being that most fans aren’t arsed about building blocks, they want results and entertaining football.

22 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

What makes you believe he’d be a success at Vale?  Basically it’s a complete gamble, as is any managerial appointment.  There are plenty of building blocks being put in place right now, the problem being that most fans aren’t arsed about building blocks, they want results and entertaining football.

Ray, I think ppl have come to the end of their tether with AC always playing the same style of boring, negative, unimaginative football. As many have said they wouldn’t mind losing if the players put up a fight, from the kick off.  They don’t and they don’t change anything even after they’ve conceded. One dimensional possession ball, mainly in our own half. IMO we’re using a sticking plaster to try and manage a gaping wound.

Archived