onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blackpool (H) match thread - 29th Dec

robf

Just now, Vtid said:

Balmer left? Wow he should be nowhere near this squad let alone starting 11 he's awful. I get we aren't blessed with options & defenders in any sort of form right now. I'd say our strongest back 3 is Deborah smith jones 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

I'd probably agree if Jones was available but currently he doesn't appear to be.  Don't think that it helps with the defence changing every other game either but IMHO Balmer to start is a better option than Iacovitti.

• Like 1

Advert

Just now, NellyTheValiant said:

I'd probably agree if Jones was available but currently he doesn't appear to be.  Don't think that it helps with the defence changing every other game either but IMHO Balmer to start is a better option than Iacovitti.

Agreed, far too much chopping & changing at the back. Need a good run of games with a consistent back 3 especially when confidence is so low. Yak gives that balance with him being left footed but he's been poor recently. If balmer was to play i'd stick him right side & jesse or lowe left side. One thing we can all agree on is the defence is a shambles at the minute 😅

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Birches Head Fred said:

What worried me more than anything on Monday 1st half was the lack of fight, pride, passion considering :

the beating we had taken in the corresponding away fixture.

the fans reaction to the Wycombe result, both at the game and on social media afterwards.

the wish to actually win a football game and entertain the home crowd.

To me there is absolutely no way we should have to accept that as fans.

Another thing that worried me, and it seems to every home game at least, is the fact that almost every team seem to score with their first attempt at goal.

Monday was the first time I have really thought it's perhaps time for a change, if Andy Crosby cannot motivate these players to go out from the first whistle and perform on Friday then I don't think he ever will.  

Lets face it he couldnt motivate his team for a league cup quarter final

Thats the day he lost my backing

Edited by werstayinup
  • Like 9

47 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Lets face it he couldnt motivate his team for a league cup quarter final

Thats the day he lost my backing

I think the Cheltenham performance did it for me .

That cup game was from a Vale fans point of view a absolute shocker .

The biggest problem Carol has now is that the first half tues performance when folk went who do not get chance go often, and they may left at 30 odd minutes ,which in reality could cost Vale thousands as they will not return if they hated every minute of there matchday experience 

,The way then went out the F.A cup  at 2-0 up and the horror show when 9000 local folk turned up v Middlesboro .

Had a gander at tickets selling tomoz and there's no where near the interest there was for Barnsley game .

Be lucky if 4000 Vale there tomoz and thats with everyone generally bar us who work in retail and other work obsessed companies not been able attend as most folk are off till Jan whenever .

So can we keep someone who has failed at the most critical selling points of season .NO we cannot 

A quarter final of a league cup we turned in the most spineless awful performance ,

How can that be ?

Boxing day we come out like we had ate 3 Xmas dinners first half leggy tired and in a word useless .

The transformation second half was amazing the only problem is if 1000 of the home crowd went home at Barnsleys third goal, what if 950 were pay on dayers who will never return because what they saw was that described above .

He has to go it's as simple as that ,even though the footballs better he is tactically found out too often to be persevered with .

Flitcroft and carol will have a decision make soon enough if gates start dropping .

More of Wigan all game Reading majority of game and second half v Barnsley all game then he may still be in a job in fact folks may think he is the best thing since sliced bread,  for now 2 win in 15 says he isn't and the way we exited all 3 cups was a shambles and Loft should not be given a shirt nor Massey too passive not enough aggression in either players especially if behind in games yet he perseveres with them when what the fans are seeing is that they are presently not worth persevering with .

Play Wilson with Uche and have game time to Lomax obviously he is a um kid but can  always bring on negative right sided wing halfs if 3 or 4 ahead in games not when there's a mountain climb 

UTV 

Edited by Devine intervention

13 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Not sure what games you’ve been watching but Lowe has been our best centre half by a mile so has to play. 

13 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Not sure what games you’ve been watching but Lowe has been our best centre half by a mile so has to play. 

Watched them all mate.  Obviously we have different opinions which is fine.  Worst CB in the air for me, turned his back which caused the first deflected goal against Middlesbrough, also got turned too easy for their 3rd,  backed off and let Boro player have a clear run on goal which he fortunately put over the bar in the first half.  Frequently plays others  in trouble when passing along the back line.  Passes to Ripley more than any other player.

3 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

I think the Cheltenham performance did it for me .

That cup game was from a Vale fans point of view a absolute shocker .

The biggest problem Carol has now is that the first half tues performance when folk went who do not get chance go often, and they may left at 30 odd minutes ,which in reality could cost Vale thousands as they will not return if they hated every minute of there matchday experience 

,The way then went out the F.A cup  at 2-0 up and the horror show when 9000 local folk turned up v Middlesboro .

Had a gander at tickets selling tomoz and there's no where near the interest there was for Barnsley game .

Be lucky if 4000 Vale there tomoz and thats with everyone generally bar us who work in retail and other work obsessed companies not been able attend as most folk are off till Jan whenever .

So can we keep someone who has failed at the most critical selling points of season .NO we cannot 

A quarter final of a league cup we turned in the most spineless awful performance ,

How can that be ?

Boxing day we come out like we had ate 3 Xmas dinners first half leggy tired and in a word useless .

The transformation second half was amazing the only problem is if 1000 of the home crowd went home at Barnsleys third goal, what if 950 were pay on dayers who will never return because what they saw was that described above .

He has to go it's as simple as that ,even though the footballs better he is tactically found out too often to be persevered with .

Flitcroft and carol will have a decision make soon enough if gates start dropping .

More of Wigan all game Reading majority of game and second half v Barnsley all game then he may still be in a job in fact folks may think he is the best thing since sliced bread,  for now 2 win in 15 says he isn't and the way we exited all 3 cups was a shambles and Loft should not be given a shirt nor Massey too passive not enough aggression in either players especially if behind in games yet he perseveres with them when what the fans are seeing is that they are presently not worth persevering with .

Play Wilson with Uche and have game time to Lomax obviously he is a um kid but can  always bring on negative right sided wing halfs if 3 or 4 ahead in games not when there's a mountain climb 

UTV 

Why would you buy a ticket then leave after less than half the game? Even if you only stay to get your money's worth and/or let the players know how you feel, l just find going so early a bit odd. 

As it happened they missed a decent game in the second half. 

Edited by smithie
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, smithie said:

Why would you buy a ticket then leave after less than half the game? Even if you only stay to get your money's worth and/or let the players know how you feel, l just find going so early a bit odd. 

But knew the outcome. 0 points 🥱 people are entitled to leave after however long they please. After all it is their ticket they've purchased 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, smithie said:

I agree but if left early you be so angry still as you wouldn't have seen what was I agree was a tremendous second half .

I just want folk in  them seats gamely enjoying the teams efforts .

If we lose 500 fans it's 500 too many just read in 10 years we have lost 425 games after watching our defensive efforts over that time I'm hardly surprised .

We need better for sure more Debrahs is the way forwards .

UTV 

10 minutes ago, smithie said:

I left at half time. Worst 45 minutes I’ve seen from vale and that is really saying something given the drivel that’s been served up at times. Not fussed about missing out on the 2nd half. Barnsley took their best players off and took their foot completely off the gas. If they played at the same intensity as first half it wouldn’t have finished 2-3. Posted on another thread but that is me done until Crosby is gone. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I would play shorrock, Lomax And Wilson  on Fri but I bet you Bing Crosby will play the same starting 11 as boxing day , imo.

Spot on so would I can I add that Uche also and Devine a nailed on starter along with Garrity Chislett and Debrah the rest well use a tombola as there efforts tues first half were absolutely poor .

UTV