onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

Isn't going from a direct, up and at'em style to a posession style exactly what we've done? Clarke -> Crosby (in style) is not a million miles from Wenger -> Pulis. 
If Crosby is sacked and we're bang in trouble, will we go for another possession-heavy risk or go for a big character (like DC) to beat the drop?
I dont disagree, just saying how I think the DoF/HC model works well at other clubs.

I think this 352 system stems from Flitcroft, first with Darell then Crosby, so continuity there.

I think we still played passing football with Clarke, but we've just gone to the complete extreme under Crosby. Possession for possession sake.

Another game today where we've had way more possession and no goals.

Sent from my SM-G981B using onevalefan mobile app

23 hours ago, tsproston said:

Is Gary Madine a free agent 🤔 

He is.  We mentioned him yesterday when waiting for the turnstiles to open and one of their stewards said what a great bloke he was.  Apparently he lives in Blackpool.  His scoring record is mediocre and he hasn't played this season as far as I can see so he probably fits our required profile perfectly!  He has, however, done time in prison like Lee Hughes so he might not be all bad.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

He is.  We mentioned him yesterday when waiting for the turnstiles to open and one of their stewards said what a great bloke he was.  Apparently he lives in Blackpool.  His scoring record is mediocre and he hasn't played this season as far as I can see so he probably fits our required profile perfectly!  He has, however, done time in prison like Lee Hughes so he might not be all bad.

Regarding Gary Madine... 

There was a report in a Blackpool newspaper in December. He had an ACL injury. Back then he was trying to get back match fit and aiming for a "end of January" return. So, he may be just about fit around now.

However, it sounded like he  had a good relationship with Blackpool and had been training there. It sounds like they would be his first choice. Neil Critchley hinted at such saying he would only sign "fit" players but he had a "good relationship" with Madine.

I suppose if they don't there's a chance of another club taking him on, but having trained with them for some weeks, I would imagine it's most likely he'd go there. 

I see Robbie is trying to get in the media attention again 🙄 Defacing a parking sign! Grow up ffs El Presidento my arse. Egotistical child & it’ll end up a disaster 

Edited by Vtid

8 minutes ago, Vtid said:

I see Robbie is trying to get in the media attention again 🙄 Defacing a parking sign! Grow up ffs El Presidento my arse. Egotistical child & it’ll end up a disaster 

Thought the timing of the announcement was a warning sign that the window was going to be rubbish...give them a distraction so it softens the blow... bloody patronising 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

Thought the timing of the announcement was a warning sign that the window was going to be rubbish...give them a distraction so it softens the blow... bloody patronising 

It’s all a farce mate now he’s making headlines for things such as changing permit signs to the word penis 🙄 like we want nonsense like that associated with us! Be another mistake the owners made watch this space

Edited by Vtid

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

He is.  We mentioned him yesterday when waiting for the turnstiles to open and one of their stewards said what a great bloke he was.  Apparently he lives in Blackpool.  His scoring record is mediocre and he hasn't played this season as far as I can see so he probably fits our required profile perfectly!  H😄e has, however, done time in prison like Lee Hughes so he might not be all bad.

fully qualified for the vale then?😁

• Haha 1

On 03/02/2024 at 11:35, Devine intervention said:

Who are those free transfer players without a club 

Connor Wickham 

Dwight Gayle 

Who else as if Vale want to make things right they have to add one of these especially if it's true they didn't get paperwork done on time which looks like was the case as everyone was high fiving as thought deal had gone through .

Would I take Gayle of course I would just needs get his goalscoring touch back ,he does well in  Black and White .

As for Wickham he as a certain excellence about him .

Think someone mentioned more Gsry Madine springs to mind and two others let's bring all to ground and see who wants it the most 

UTV 

Not sure if Wickham even wants to stay in the game after a fair while out. Even if he did he may take weeks to get up to speed like Uche did. If Madine doesn't opt for Blackpool or also doesn't call it a day then he too may take some weeks to be anywhere near. Vale need someone who can come in and play from day one.

Dwight Gayle is presumably match fit but would his expected wages be way beyond our budget?

In my view the experienced free agent options are very few and far between and it seems very unlikely we would get anyone unless.... there's some more free agents in those lucrative Australian, New Zealand, Scandinavian markets that our DoF says are so good...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, robf said:

Not sure if Wickham even wants to stay in the game after a fair while out. Even if he did he may take weeks to get up to speed like Uche did. If Madine doesn't opt for Blackpool or also doesn't call it a day then he too may take some weeks to be anywhere near. Vale need someone who can come in and play from day one.

Dwight Gayle is presumably match fit but would his expected wages be way beyond our budget?

In my view the experienced free agent options are very few and far between and it seems very unlikely we would get anyone unless.... there's some more free agents in those lucrative Australian, New Zealand, Scandinavian markets that our DoF says are so good...

The near two years that Dwight Gayle was at Stoke, Newcastle were still paying half of his wages.

His wages were £40k a week

However, now he would presumably have to accept whatever is offered and probably that would be a massive drop in wages.

However, there seems to be interest from clubs like Derby who presumably would offer a fair bit more than Vale (though nowhere near £40k a week)

6 minutes ago, robf said:

What's Chris Killen up to?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

The near two years that Dwight Gayle was at Stoke, Newcastle were still paying half of his wages.

His wages were £40k a week

How you work that one out? He signed permanently on a 2 year deal with Stoke would find it very strange they’d continue to pay his wages 

Edited by Vtid