onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

2 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Should have had a medical on his return from Aberdeen?

No why would he? He was going back to his parent club. 

it could have been missed. He might not have told Liverpool about it. It could have been more serious than he thought it was. Or who knows with football, it could be a smokescreen for another reason . 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, robf said:

He signed a four year deal with Barnsley in 2023 so I suspect it's very doubtful

It could depend on if they get promoted I guess and if any investment comes into the club in summer but if he does well here then at 22 he could be one we look at to improve and then cash in on

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Osh said:

Just spoken to my m8 who's given me the details I've shared in the past. 

He tells me that Williams is definitely not injured and was sent back because of his personal conduct. But Vale won't deviate from the line that he's injured as it's more important to us to keep the new relationship with Liverpool sweet. 

Apparently Liverpool are very apologetic and thankful we've kept a lid on it. Might get more out of them in the future. ..??

Just what I was told earlier as well. 

26 minutes ago, Osh said:

Just spoken to my m8 who's given me the details I've shared in the past. 

He tells me that Williams is definitely not injured and was sent back because of his personal conduct. But Vale won't deviate from the line that he's injured as it's more important to us to keep the new relationship with Liverpool sweet. 

Apparently Liverpool are very apologetic and thankful we've kept a lid on it. Might get more out of them in the future. ..??

It’s not the first time we’ve done something like that. Mitch Clark springs to mind too. Young players are idiots if they act like that, word of mouth in football means a lot. 

1 hour ago, mbycars said:

Liverpool should not have sent him out on loan in the 1st place. They above anyone should know the physical condition of their own players.

And Vale should not have signed him if they did the medical properly and then should have asked Liverpool questions. It looks really embarrassing from Vale this does.

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

And Vale should not have signed him if they did the medical properly and then should have asked Liverpool questions. It looks really embarrassing from Vale this does.

Even then it's a red herring. Nowt do with an injury. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, robf said:

He signed a four year deal with Barnsley in 2023 so I suspect it's very doubtful

Yes, Barnsley are trying to play at Championship level next season. I think Kacper Lopata needs to play games but is part of their long term plans. 

I was disappointed Williams didn't start last Saturday. He's out now. But I've been fed up of Port Vale having a central defence that's too small - albeit Debra helped on that front. 

Surely Port Vale had some contractual influence over Williams loan from Liverpool. If he's not fit very soon he can't come .....

Edited by Warren